don't click here

Sonic Social Media Shenanigans (This totally just happened...)

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Ashura96, Jul 8, 2015.

1. Turbohog

Turbohog

You know, I can totally see them doing an HD remake of at least Sonic 1, just from looking at the twitter image of Green Hill Zone. I'd be really disappointed in a remake though. I want a new game.

2. Donnie Paradox

Donnie Paradox

Some Gai Member
    Seeing how SEGA is active during the weekdays the announcement would have to be made in the next 4 days. So the wait won't be that long.

I'm not hyped, but I'm very curious on what this could even be.

3. roymcgeeters

roymcgeeters

Video games do not make video games Member
    Hype to the max on this one!
    Seriously, I've been waiting for a Sonic game that I can actually follow and get invested into since Lost World. I knew Boom would be a failure from the start. This is coming up on 3 years of waiting for a Sonic game I care about, so this reveal will hopefully be like releasing the longest spindash ever.

4. Mors

Mors

Fangame Creator Member
    Turkey
    Super Mario Flashback
    I wouldn't get too excited about this, because I have a feeling like we're gonna get disappointed.

5. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
  6. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    Expect the worst, hope for the best. I think a lot of people in the communities are getting their expectations up pretty high, and that's only going to crash down when it actually happens. We've got an idea of when something's gonna happen now thankfully, best just to chill and let it surprise us. Don't say no one warned you all :v:

EDIT: Quote for new page:

7. I see the plans are going smoothly...

8. roymcgeeters

roymcgeeters

Video games do not make video games Member
    I think it'll be fine. I still have enough faith in Sonic Team in recent years to believe they can put out a good game, especially with the alleged 4 years of development time for this next one.

9. gold lightning

gold lightning

Sonic Adventure 3 confirmed :ruby:

On a more serious note, I wouldn't get too hyped about whatever it is. Every single time I've let myself get hyped about a Sonic game in the last 10 years, I've been let down big time. It's only when I decided to never get hyped until Sega showed enough of the goods that things have went well in that regard. If you come in expecting shit and get gold instead, you're pleasantly surprised. If you come in expecting gold and instead get shit... well... you all know the rest.

10. But, but, Gene said it will be a brick to the community...

11. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    I mean, Sonic Adventure 3 would fit that qualification.

But it's not Sonic Adventure 3. I'd be much more upset if it was. :ssh:

12. gold lightning

gold lightning

Bricks can hurt.

A lot.

13. JaredAFX

JaredAFX

You telling me a shrimp fried this rice? Member
    Florida
    Downloading megahertz
    The way I see it, this proverbial brick will either hurt members of the community or some members will clamor for more bricks to be thrown at them squarely in the head :specialed: It's a double-edged sword.

I'm not going to sweat this; my initial anxiety has worn off and I'm patiently waiting, although I wish they could just get to the point already. I love these social media things, but I still would like some sort of announcement.

14. Dissent

Dissent

@SailsSez on Twitter Member
    If this does somehow end up involving Big the Cat it is going to be Ruby's fault for making sure nobody could ever forget about the character in the past year.

Consider me stoked.

:ruby:

15. Mors

Mors

Fangame Creator Member
    Turkey
    Super Mario Flashback
    That's actually not what I meant. I think the big announcement is just a dumb teaser image that doesn't tell anything about the game at all, or a trailer with some nostalgia crap like Runners' and Sonic 4's trailers. It's better than nothing, but I want to see more than that.
    But I hope I'm wrong, I hope they will announce or show us something interesting.

I can't agree more.

16. :ssh:

17. News this week? Heck yeah, I'm hyped. I've been liking what's been produced this past decade (sans Next-Gen and RoL).

18. TrackerTD

TrackerTD

Dragon Land is Screaming! Member
    This is going to be really bloody interesting.

My expectations are low though. Folks threw out Sonic 4 theories over the really blatant 3D Classics Collection tease, so I'm opting for a more... uh, toned-down approach.

19. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

"Our Life is More than a Side-Effect" Member
    Now that an announcement is immenent, I'm feeling a little sick.

RoL was a speedbump. Just want the new game to get things back on track.

Or be Big's Big Fishing Adventure 3. Either or.

20. KingOfBunnies

KingOfBunnies

My Nintendo News tweeted a rumor that an announcement is coming tomorrow. I didn't press the link, but do that have any source to base that on? Because nothing in this thread says anything about tomorrow having an announcement, especially since I would expect Ruby to tweet about it.