don't click here

Sonic Social Media Shenanigans (This totally just happened...)

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Ashura96, Jul 8, 2015.

1. vectrexian

vectrexian

It could potentially be 4/1/16 at 3:21:00, although I find the use of seconds in the time rather unlikely.

2. roymcgeeters

roymcgeeters

Video games do not make video games Member
    My question is whether or not the numbers have anything to do with the reveal/release of the game, something about the game (ie a sequel game like Generations 2 or Adventure 3), or something else entirely. (or if they mean anything at all, or if this is a wild goose chase)

I will say though, Aaron sure does make being a Sonic fan interesting even when there's nothing going on.

3. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    I've been thinking over these numbers a lot lately because I enjoy nonsense like this way more than anyone should. It hit me a bit ago that we have all been taking all these numbers as hints for the big game or for some kind of hard date we'll find out things, when really it may be indicative of a smaller project. I'm only throwing this out in the 5% chance I'm right, so this is me officially giving up the ghost until we actually find out what's going on...or get more numbers that will throw this speculation off and drive me up a cliff.

So let me propose, a Knuckles Chaotix re-release. I brought enough tinfoil for everyone this time. :tinfoil: Let's get the numbers here once more.
    3 21 00
    4 1 16
    • Let's start with imagining the double rings/ 00 as that dual ring mechanic from Knuckles Chaotix, 3 for KC's release (KC released March 1995 in NA), and 21 for how many years it has been since it came out (1995+21=2016). There have been a fair number of Knuckles jokes on the social media accounts, but that may be me reading too far into things as the jokes are general (and usually of an & Knuckles variety). I would say Egoraptor's Awesome Chaotix is something most Sonic fans have seen, which may shed a bit more light on the Game Grumps image as that's primarily what Egoraptor works on these days. All the Big the Cat stuff being tangentially related is just a plus for word of mouth/meme reasons.
    • The 7 makes it a bit tricky. According to Wikipedia, KC has only ever been re-released through GameTap shortly in 2007. Maybe someone more familiar could point out something more convincing, some cursory reading around reveals little more to connect with that.
    • Aaron has been jokingly referring to Sonic Stadium and some others in the community as detectives with reference to these numbers, which is innocent enough aside from Heroes rebooting the Chaotix into a detective agency which has lightly stuck around since then.
    • Iizuka himself is fond of KC and has mused as far back as 2010 about making another (but not getting a greenlight from SEGA), so it's possible that the title has been on his mind for quite some time now. http://www.sonicstadium.org/2010/08/takashi-iizuka-interview-considerations-of-knuckles-chaotix-2-nights-3/
    • Naturally one might ask, "why not do S3&K before KC"? Well, if those legal issues we hear about are legitimately holding things back, KC might be the best compromise they are able to make in terms of continuing to preserve classic Sonic titles. It might also be a vocal minority, but I've sure seen enough people recommend a "Taxman Knuckles Chaotix", which would line up with Aaron (and Gene's :v: ) words that generally boil down to "something some of you will be interested in / like".
    • Stealth started working under contract a few months ago, and specifically stated it's not for S3&K. Related? Well, hopefully. I only bring this point up since he mentioned it in a public tumblr post, so it seems fair game to speculate. As for Taxman... (shrug).
    • 4/1/16 is likely a red herring because, c'mon...it's April Fools.

If I can think of anything else I'll edit in. Let me know what you lot think, I'm going to go drink :psyduck:

4. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    Well

You're getting somewhere.

Not sure where that somewhere is though.

5. Mors

Mors

Fangame Creator Member
    Turkey
    Super Mario Flashback
    [​IMG]
    Sonic Stadium sounds like Sonic Studium.
    Knuckles Chaotix re-release confirmed.

Jokes aside, that surprisingly make sense.

EDIT: Didn't Chaotix have 7 characters?

6. DigitalDuck

DigitalDuck

Arriving four years late. Member
    Lincs, UK
    TurBoa, S1RL
    Knuckles the Echidna
    Mighty the Armadillo
    Espio the Chameleon
    Charmy Bee
    Vector the Crocodile
    Heavy
    Bomb

Altogether now, we have seven characters! The number of the day is seven! Ah ah ah!

7. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    You know I forgot all about Heavy and Bomb, that is a good point.

Me either :ohdear:

8. Mystical Ninja

Mystical Ninja

For old time's sake. Oldbie
    New Castle, Delaware
    Nothing that concerns this place in the least.
    It had eight, if you count Wechnia.

9. Amnimator

Amnimator

If there's something I learned from the Steam Sale ARG, when you see a bunch of meaningless numbers that's thrown in your face, it's likely an anagram.
    Bringing out the numbers again again:
    3 21 00
    4 1 16

Let's separate it into two rows:
    4/1/16

Take the top row and turn it into letters except the first one:
    3big or Big 3
    In other words, Big 3 - 4/1/2016. I might be reaching here but it's the closest thing to making sense I can pull from this. Still, this is very similar to the type of puzzles they used in the Steam Winter Sale ARG.
    Edit: Looking back at this I dun goofed. 10th letter of the alphabet isn't 'I' apparently. This is what I get when I try to solve puzzles right when I wake up.

10. Beltway

Beltway

The most grateful Sonic fan of all time this week Member
    Sega of Darkest Peru
    Artwork and classes
    ...no Gene no, don't let this be the hill you die on if the game is revealed and we don't like it. xD

First rule of (site staff) leadership: Everything is your fault. :ruby:

EDIT: With the bigger push of the 4/1/16 set of numbers and the persistent push of the 00 numbers, the 3 21 00 group of numbers now seems to me like a timedate of when the game may be revealed, rather than a "preview" date than I previously guessed. Presumably the time is 03:21:00, but that seems a bit strangely specific time to reveal a game to me, especially since most reveals are usually at the top of the hour.

11. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    I've died many deaths, so what's one more to the tombstone?

But I guess we'll (you'll) have to wait and see. :v:

12. Jason

Jason

*Results not lab tested. Member
    I just know Ruby is going to be drinking his morning coffee soon, letting out an occasional snicker between sips, reading these potential deciphers. He'll then reflect on the power he wields, and post more Big memes of dank caliber.

13. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

"Our Life is More than a Side-Effect" Member
    So I don't suppose you're confident enough to wager changing your username to Balough if you're wrong ;)?

14. I thought the first rule was :ssh:

15. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    :ssh:

16. RubyEclipse

RubyEclipse

Works at Squar Inix Member
    :ssh:

:ruby:

Don't give up. :thumbsup:

17. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    Knuckles Chaotix deconfirmed.

Knuckles Chaotix 2 NX & Danica Patrick Remix...back on the table.

18. winterhell

winterhell

3 Emoticons, 3 words, 3 lines.
    Big is illuminati?

19. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    I am, but there's a 70% chance I may not be here when it happens. At least, in the capacity I'm in now.

May or may not be a hint. :ssh:

20. Chris Highwind

Chris Highwind

Statesville, NC
    Slacking
    Hate to sound like the buzzkill, but...

[​IMG]

The longer this hype train goes on, the more disastrous it'll be when it inevitably derails and/or crashes.

EDIT: Then again, it could just be me being cynical and bitter because I own every video game console except for what the new Sonic game will inevitably be released for (a.k.a PS4/Xbone)