don't click here

Sonic Boom TV Show Megathread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by JaxTH, Nov 8, 2014.

1. lordexodus

lordexodus

Does anybody like how Knuckles look in this? I somewhat don't like it...

2. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Knuckles' design in the Boom universe has grown on me considerably. The only design that I dislike is Sonics, actually.

3. urlogic

urlogic

I feel like one of the only people who likes them all the way they are. It definitely could have been a whole lot worse, and it's supposed to be a spin-off anyway. The writing for the show isn't perfect, but it's still funny and by all means decent. It's also better than a lot of other new shows that have come onto Cartoon Network before like Total Drama Island and it's million sequels. :argh:/>

4. Same here. I'll gladly take Sonic Boom (redesigns and all) over what they did with Teen Titans. And honestly, I don't mind Knuckles that way. The way they depicted Knuckles and made fun of him in the main Sonic games and Sonic X didn't make me laugh. Ever. In Sonic Boom, however, they used that flaw and turned it into a source of humor. Boom Knuckles is kinda like Johnny Bravo.

5. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    I definitely agree on that one. However there is something about Amy's design that I don't care for. I like the outfit but I don't care for her face. She either has that slut look or looks derpy. It's kinda off putting.

6. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

I think Amy looks fine. Some of the artwork gives her very unusual, almost sultry expressions that don't really suit her, but the design itself and the way she moves is generally really nice. Sonic on the other hand just never really looks right. He's taller than in any other incarnation, but his spikes are considerably more curled and short which makes his entire shape look odd. And the little bits of 'messy hair' he has look awkward. They're more like tentacles than anything else. You either have to go an entirely messy look or the normal look. Putting them together doesn't actually work, especially not in 3D.

It's odd that in the SEGA designs you can argue that all but a few characters have a generic silhouette and they don't really stand out from one another with Sonic being the obvious lead. In Boom, the opposite is almost true. Sonic's got a much less interesting silhouette more akin to a background character while the rest all stand out on their own.

Sonic should have kept his earlier "Sonic Synergy" design. It is essentially his regular Modern design with a scarf and copious amounts of tape, but I really like it.
    [​IMG]

7. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Especially given Metal Sonic and Shadow's "redesigns," that Sonic design would have made a lot more sense since it's not as drastic.

Honestly I can't tell what they actually changed with Metal Sonic.

8. Barry the Nomad

Barry the Nomad

Site Staff
    Chicago
    SEGAbits
    I've grown used to Knuckles design. Eggman's design was one I loved on day one, and to be quite honest I like it far more than the Sonic Adventure redesign that we've had in the main series ever since. I think main series Eggman is in need of a costume change, and I would be all for main series Eggman taking on a costume similar to Boom Eggman.

9. urlogic

urlogic

It works because they made these characters both written well and likable without unbearable voice acting.

10. Retroman

Retroman

I like Sonic Boom because it's tolerable to the point that I can allow others to watch it with no shame or embarassment :v:

11. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    [​IMG]
    https://twitter.com/SSF1991/status/701560691505963008

Neat

12. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    Ooh, awesome! That's sooner than I was expecting.

13. Venom Snake

Venom Snake

USA
    Damn, that actually looks way better. It also helps that in the picture he has a side mouth and that his eyes are way more spaced out than the final design.

I like all of the redesigns with the exception of Sonic. He reeks of the crap I hate in some Sonic designs, like the front mouth and short + together eyes. Plus the spines look so weird.

14. ~The Blue Blur~

~The Blue Blur~

Hello there, everyone. I just had some questions about this whole "Boom" thing that are sticking in my head so badly; and I found this thread the best place to ask them. Sorry if it's off the place.

First of all, I actually like the show very much (who doesn't?). The franchise really needed a CG-animated, comedy-based show like that. And about the redesigns... well, I kinda like them.. or, at least try to do so. The scarf thing is pretty cool, but the short eyes and the whole tape thing? Meh... Tails looks nice, though. Knuckles' is funny IMO; as it shows his strong-but-stupid side of personality great. And about Amy... actually, Amy is my favorite between all of them. She's gotten more of a woman-kind / teen-girl-kind design instead of the infamous ignorant-like, child-kind looks of her's (this side of her personality is seen briefly in adventure 2... really annoying!). To be honest, I wanted her redesign for a long time. On the cover arts and other artworks, however, she does look like a slut (... but hey, isn't she a slut as she is?! I don't know; my opinion).

Now, about my questions. My questions' concern is Shadow, and his appearance in the universe. Ever since I saw Shadow in the Boom universe, some questions are messing with my head and don't fade away. Question such as:

1. Just what the hell is Shadow doing in this Boom universe?!

Who is the normal Shadow the Hedgehog? We all know. The ultimate life form created by Professor Gerald Robotnik, Eggman and Maria Robotnik's grandpa, around 50 years ago, aboard the ARK, who was released by Eggman in the present with his memory being incomplete, which he lost and [not exactly] regained it in the progress of Adventure 2, Heroes, and Shth's storylines (almost the whole Dreamcast era excluding Adventure).

Now, Who is the Boom Shadow the hedgehog? The Boom ultimate life form created by Boom Professor Gerald Robotnik, Boom Eggman and Boom Maria Robotnik's grandpa, around 50 Boom years ago, aboard the Boom ARK, who was released by Boom Eggman in the Boom present with his Boom memory being incomplete, which he lost and [not exactly] regained it in the progress of ?????????! [ Boom Adventure 2, Boom Heroes and Boom Shth's Boom storylines?!?!?!?! (that much I can say for sure)]

2. Does this mean that Adventure 2, Heroes, and SHth's events have happened in the Boom universe, and all of the characters in them have a Boom counterpart?!

If there is a Shadow in the Boom universe, then there must be a Prof. Gerald who made him, a Maria who was his best friend, a GUN force who was afraid of him and shut down an ARK and sent him sealed to a Prison Island, a Rouge who partnered with him and Eggman to conquer the world, A president who was threatened by Eggman, and after them, a Black Doom who helped Prof. Gerald with creating him in exchange for the Chaos Crystals 50 years ago, a GUN commander, to whom Maria was like a sister, and thought of Shadow as the cause of Maria's murder... Is it true?!

3. Not even Adventure is off the count. What about that?!

If Adventure 2's events have occured in the Boom universe, then Knuckles has shattered the Master Emerald (Crystal?) before Eggman takes it with him; and tails has been awarded a Chaos Emerald (same here?) "as a testament of his heroic deed at a ceremony held at city hall"; right? We all know that Knuckles couldn't have shattered the Master Emerald / Crystal thing without a Chaos and a Tikal being set free from it before. Otherwise, They would get out of it and place the Adventure's events into the Adventure 2's story, and create a really big mess. Also, Tails was awarded a Chaos whatever thingy for his heroic deeds; and we all know what heroic deeds.

Therefore, Adventure's story has also occured in the Boom, and there must've been a Chaos and a Tikal sealed in the Master thing there that were set free, a Pachacamac who unleashed the power of Chaos thousands of years ago, and a Knuckles Clan who were defeated with Pachacamac during that event, and Knuckles is the last of them.

Well, that was about it. Now, you might say "This is a show for kids, and such things are not very important in a kids' show". You're probably right; but this is something, too. It's worth thinking. So, what are your opinions, guys?

15. Sonic Boom is a spin off series. Note, spin-off.

16. MartiusR

MartiusR

@The Blue Blur - it's the characteristic feature of SB universe - despite the fact that it's generally spin-off*, it has some characters from, well, "main" universe, some of them completely redesigned, some of them with redefined (in very vague way) role - one of them is Shadow. Probably Shadow in Boom universe has nothing to do with whole background from SA2/Sh/Shadow the Hedgehog/etc. It's not declared directly, but highly possible. And he's by some reason considered as famous and cool villain (I don't want to use word on 'e' :)) And that's it. By some reason both Metal Sonic and Shadow were known to Sonic & rest of the crew when they've appeared for the first time in TV series, and honestly, that's how it works. It doesn't seems to change it in some radical way - so far the trend is, that rather some "serious" character development there are occasionally thrown some trivia/weird stuff about them. In some way it's suitable to whole TV series profile.

*recently surprsingly relevant spin-off - I mean it's in some way surprisingly when you've realised that in fact this whole stuff (TV series, quite popular Android game, announced another game on 3DS) came from smashed by reviewers and players platform game made for unsuccessfull Nintendo's console.

17. Retroman

Retroman

Warning: Biased Opinion

In my opinion, I like how basically fleshed out and simple Sonic Boom's style is to the Sonic Cast, which suits it's simple formula.

Knuckles, who is the strong guy, isn't a skinny echidna, but is the buff and goofy naive low-IQ meathead of the team sonic crew. More natural than the naive Knuckles of the Sonic Adventure days who is honestly very plain, complicated and angry.

Sonic is just Sonic but he does from time to time live and learn, and understands he has limitations and he knows he's not perfect just because he can run but he is mainly the same, Amy is less into chasing Sonic and more into doing her own things while maintaining a non-obsessive crush (admiration) over Sonic, Tails invents more and also acts more like a child, throw in some wit and showing off his high IQ while showing his overconfident flaws which is defined more in Sonic Boom due to the genre of the series.

Eggman is slapstick, but humorously evil. Pretty much like Sonic Generations/Colors and Sonic and the Lost World. It feels so right.

Though Sonic in 2D is better to relate due to the gamers fitting their personality into the character they are controlling as if they are controlling them, much like Link from Legend of Zelda. It's hard to make a 3D Sonic that can talk, walk without being too cheesy. Though Sonic Boom and the past Sonic Unleashed, Sonic Colors, Wii/Wii U games kind of nailed Sonic's personality to be natural though the jokes are pretty lame. But this show is generally kids and families, so I can understand the cheese and is not everyone's cup of idea.

Where I am going with this, well, just leaving my thoughts here.

Bring on Season 2 :ruby:

18. NioZero

NioZero

Concepción, Chile
    Tornado Sky Fighters
    I still think that the series must occur after the games, for example they got the enerbeams at the beginning of the game, but it was never explained in the series, so I assume they simply keep it after the battle with lyric (that maybe will explain shadow and metal sonic too)

obviously just a guess..

19. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    Not sure where Fire & Ice will fall, but Rise of Lyric and Shattered Crystal are definitely prequels to the show.

20. So apparently at Sonic Revolution this year they managed to get a bunch of the higher ups for Sonic Boom to noncommittally answer some questions about the potential second season, here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DV2ghUUACME&feature=youtu.be&t=5h16m29s

Around that mark and a bit after, they mentioned some stuff about Ian Flynn potentially writing episodes.