don't click here

Sonic 4: Episode 2 Discussion

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Chimpo, Dec 29, 2011.

1. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    So I heard Episode 2 got an update on the Android / iOS stores along with Episode 1, does that mean they are back?

2. KingOfBunnies

KingOfBunnies

I just re-downloaded them to check, and they appear to work on my phone, so I assume they are back on the App Store.

3. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    What phone do you have if you don't mind me asking?

4. KingOfBunnies

KingOfBunnies

iPhone 6 Plus.

5. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

I'm super surprised that they bothered to do this. E2 was broken on up to date iOS devices for longer than it actually worked before they decided to take it down, so God knows what compelled them to finally issue an update. It wasn't exactly a commercial or critical success.

Oh and Episode Metal doesn't work. Can't get it to "lock-on".

6. Retro_Stew

Retro_Stew

French Twitch Gamer Member
    France
    Twitch channel
    With the surprise updates and all, is it safe to assume we're maybe getting an episode 3 for the 25th anniversary?

7. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    No.

It's more like they're tired of getting 1-star bombed by people buying these apps on newer devices but then having to deal with mass refunds because their stuff doesn't work. iOS and Android upkeep is a nightmare since APIs keep changing and what may have worked on older versions may no longer be supported by newer installs. Legacy support gets messy firmware side.

You could have course just ask Taxman. :v:

8. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Nobody would have been buying E2 for a long time because it was actually removed from the app stores entirely, along with other games like Jet Set Radio. As far as I'm aware, E1 was never removed and continued to work normally - its not received any updates since 2012.

9. Retro_Stew

Retro_Stew

French Twitch Gamer Member
    France
    Twitch channel
    As a matter of fact, I know this very well, as I'm working on some iPhone apps and games...

I was just wondering myself as the timing of these updates was close to the new announcements we may have.

10. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    4-1's not worked properly on Android since at least Kit Kat. At the time, I tried running it on my Nexus 7 and the game would just force close without a warning. It worked fine on Gingerbread on my old X10, though with slowdown (phone's fault, cruddy hardware.)

11. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Can we confirm that E1 is working on newer Android devices and software then?

E2 wouldn't work iOS8 and was removed form the App Store in May 2015 along with E1. E1 still worked at the time, but by the standards of mobile gaming in general in played and looked like crap. It's now returned without having been updated, and E2 has also returned with an update to make it work.

12. I have lollipop and E1 won't work. E2 plays like a charm. I have a new quad-core RCA tablet.

13. Wesker

Wesker

I can confirm EP1 no longer works for me either (Moto G, it did work back when I got it) while EP2 works fine.

14. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    E1 wasn't updated on Android, just E2.