don't click here

Sonic 2 HD General

Discussion in 'Fangaming Discussion' started by Lanzer, Jun 24, 2014.

1. Falk

Falk

PagodaWest isn't working on S2HD.

2. 360

Light Vision Overdrive Oldbie
    United Kingdom
    Sonic Neon
    Ah right thanks guys. Yeah I didn't realise. Looks like I'm going on outdated info. Good to know.

3. lordexodus

lordexodus

I downloaded the demo. I really like it. Wish it had the Special Stages. In the past, I was able to get all 7 Chaos Emeralds before leaving Emerald Hill...

4. That demo is from the old S2HD that died years ago. There is no current demo at the moment from the new team.

5. It's Nerples

It's Nerples

Undisputed Champ *slams into wall* Member
    I can see so much potential for this fangame! I have been hyped up ever since they announced that they are back up and running! I am supporting them all the way and I hope that some day, the full version will come to exist! If only there was some form of a way to help in the making of Sonic 2 HD, because if I could, for sure I would! This is the best Sonic fangame ever!!!

6. Little did you know, Sonic 1 + 2 HD are the 25th anniversary release.

*ohpleaseohpleaseohplease*

7. Lilly

Lilly

United States
    Shang Mu Architect
    You mean the old malware-addled DRM-shackled technical monstrosity that doesn't boot on most PCs? :v:

Darn it, I was so massively disappointed by that post; I thought there was a new preview demo or something released and went back a couple pages trying to find it.

8. lordexodus

lordexodus

I hope they add Sonic 3 Complete HD with 1 & 2...

9. steveswede

steveswede

Ask my hand
    Fighting against the Unitary State of Europe
    Very unlikely.

10. winterhell

winterhell

Do you even realize how much work it takes to draw a single zone?
    S3&K was done in 2 years with a full team of full time artists, and that was pixel art with a 20 colour limit for a zone.
    With 16 times the pixel count and 8 times more shades of blue available I wouldn't be surprised if it takes 10 times more work to make it HD.

I would be floored if someone/team manages to output an HD zone every 2 months with uncompromised quality.

11. Yarcaz

Yarcaz

USA, Connecticut
    All Sonic Games Ripping Project, Lost Hedgehog Tales Comic, and Archie Sonic 3D project
    That is very true, it takes a very long time for the Sonic 2 HD team to create the HD versions of sprites whether it be enemies, characters, objects, levels, backgrounds, etc. That being said if a lot more professional people knew about this project and joined it it might go slightly faster but coordination and an agreement on similar are style would have to be decided upon so that things don't look very different. The best that we can do as fans are 2 things, 1 tell others about this project and if they tell others it might reach a professional somewhere, or 2 we as fans take the time to learn art, coding, etc. and learn to be professionals in order to help the Sonic 2 HD Team.

As for other HD remakes of games, there would either have to be a separate team to do that with similar if not identical people with the same skills, or we would have to wait for Sonic 2 HD to be released and finished and see if the team wants to do another game like Sonic 1, Sonic CD, Sonic 3 & Knuckles (And I guess Blue Sphere). [etc.] At first this may seem hard but simple, but try it for yourself, try to create 1 HD sprite on your own and you will find that it is really hard, and the Sonic 2 HD team needs to keep a consistent style and make sure that it looks like a HD version of the original and not a different change to the original graphics.

12. Retroman

Retroman

They are looking for a new blogger:

January 30th 2016:
    "Are you an experienced blogger with excellent writing skills?
    Can you create engaging video and web content?
    Then we are looking for you! Team S2HD is in need of someone that will be communicating development progress to our awesome fans!
    Please send your resume to [email protected]."
    https://www.facebook.com/sonic2hd/?fref=nf

13. VectorCNC

VectorCNC

CNC Sculpture/Artwork
    Does anyone have insight into this project? I don't think anything new has happened in roughly 6 or 7 months?

14. winterhell

winterhell

While the facebook page is getting rare updates, it might just mean that they don't want to spoil the game. Its not like they are releasing everything they have done by this time, right?
    And yes a month ago they asked for a blogger which would suggest they have content.

15. Felik

Felik

I wonder why did they replace Tee's stuff. It's such a shame he's one of the finest musicians in Sonic community

16. I'm hoping the lack of updates is due to 1 of 2 things:

1. They are getting ready to give us the next demo, with a few playable levels.

2. SEGA has picked up the project.

17. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    I doubt very, VERY much it's #2. #1 is far more likely.

18. I know ;) but it would be great wouldn't it :specialed:

19. JcFerggy

JcFerggy

Do you want to taco 'bout it? Member
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    GoldenEye: Source, Other Stuff
  20. eighttailedfox

eighttailedfox

Canadia Land
    Project Maelin