don't click here

Sonic Lost World (PC / Wii U) Hacking & Resources

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Dario FF, Jan 1, 2015.

1. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    hey Twlightzoney wouldn't that runners model mod work great with this music mod?

2. Iggy for Short

Iggy for Short

Is there a way to keep HUD elements from automatically hiding? It seems so wrong for a Sonic game not to keep your ring tally on permanent display.

3. SonicHyuga

SonicHyuga

Tennessee
    Sky Rail (Generations) and Aquarium Park (Generations)
    It is either controlled by one of the .swif files or is hardcoded. In other words, not easy at all.

I personally like that they hide, since you really don't need them most of the time. The moment you get hit you lose all of your rings, so the ring count doesn't mean much anyway. It does a pretty good job of appearing when it needs to. (or stand still briefly)

4. Metalsonicmk72

Metalsonicmk72

Anyone have any info on the .acb file format used to store the sound effects? I'm 99% sure that it's not "Adobe Color Book" which has been my only mass produced result when attempting to do a google search to find any info.

5. This is one of CriWare's audio package formats. To my knowledge, they either hold a few small .HCA audio files (which require decoding in order to be heard properly), or act (sorta) like a reference to an accompanying .AWB and .ACF file. Most of the .ACB files for SLW contain sound effects. Currently, I believe Korama is researching the CriWare audio packages/files, since he has the most knowledge on file formats. But for the time being, we currently aren't capable of replacing/swapping the sound effects. In fact, I think we also lack a working .HCA encoder.
    At this moment, I believe we can only extract .ACB files and decode .HCA files. There are tools out there.

6. Korama

Korama

Tech Member
    What Brolijah said. It's probably something like "AtomCraft Binary". We talked a bit about it earlier in this topic, see here and the following posts.

7. TheCongressman

TheCongressman

I've got some questions about editing stuff in SonicGlvl.

Does anyone have any information on the parameters of collision volumes and or Gfields? I'm trying to have Sonic be able to jump from one cylinder to another, but he always gets pulled back to the first one. I'm wondering if there's something I have to set regarding collision between them.

Also, for things like rings, I've noticed that there will often be a strand of the same object, but you can only edit the properties of the first one in the strand. Is there a particular reason for that, or a way to change it? There are times where I'd like to be able to delete only a few in a group, but it seems you can't. You just have to delete them all and place them in one by one.

And lastly, can you actually copy and paste objects at the moment? I've tried, but the copied objects don't seem to be pasted anywhere, unless it's somewhere far off the map that I can't see.

8. Paraxade

Paraxade

These are instanced objects (MultiSetParam). It basically just creates multiple instances of the same object with the same properties but different transform. Since the other ones are just copies of the first one you can't access the individual properties of any of them except the first (which are propogated to the rest of the instances). I'm not sure why you can't delete instances though, that sounds like a bug.

I don't think it's implemented via the normal copy/paste syntax, but you can ctrl-drag (either that or shift-drag, don't remember) to easily clone your selection, which IMO is easier.

9. Metalsonicmk72

Metalsonicmk72

Has any progress been made on the editor that you mentioned in the linked post?

10. TheCongressman

TheCongressman

Thanks for the info. I had a feeling it might be a bug, but yeah, that's the way it works for me at the moment. And yes, I am able to copy objects with ctrl-drag. However, I'm only able to copy one object at a time, and not several selected objects. Does that seem right?

Anyway, so I'm still trying to figure out how gravity in these levels work. From what I can gather just messing around with the editor, it seems that if Sonic ever leaves the ground, it takes whatever point on the path he left from and keeps gravity relative to that point. I've been trying to figure out a way to be able for sonic to skip the first loop in the first autorun section in level 1-1, but after landing on the other side, he is instantly pulled back to the first part of the path. Maybe it's a matter of setting up some sort of event?

Edit: I just found a really messy way to do it, I placed a ObjGfieldHemisphere at the area I wanted him to land. It keeps him in place, but if you run over it it causes some collision issues, obviously. It's odd because this is the only Gfield object that I can get to affect it.

11. KingOfBunnies

KingOfBunnies

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XzfxG6pqGE

Has modding gone too far?

12. Lanzer

Lanzer

Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    No Shrek yet so no not far enough.

13. Atendega

Atendega

Lesser Sea Sponge Member
    Comfy couch
    Collecting insults

You were saying?

14. Lanzer

Lanzer

Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    So yeah, first off that shrek creeps me out. not getting sleep tonight!

Second, can somebody whip up a quick replacement track set for the 2 new frozen factory tracks that are in Sonic Runner's winter update? they sound boss and would sound great in Lost World.

15. Faseeh

Faseeh

http://youtu.be/J2oTAwEZLls

Here's V2 of the Sonic Runners music mod, by SonicHyuga and I. :)

From Hyuga in the description:

16. Lanzer

Lanzer

Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Allot of that music fits well with Lost World, thats neat. but the final boss is pretty eh in my opinion.

So I gotta ask, whats the current status on Sonic GLVL and the other modding tools? because I know other then the hardcoded physics issue which I hope doesn't cripple modding of this game like it did Sonic 4, the tools we need to really get Lost World modding off the ground are still not fully available. I was hoping that with the Wii-U version cracked way before this and researched a bit things would go alittle faster but its been kind of radio silence since the 2nd week of release.

Also this is a thing:
    http://youtu.be/5DgY50k96jA

17. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Dodgy Tails model aside, that actually looks a lot more fun than Heroes.

18. LordOfSquad

LordOfSquad

bobs over baghdad Member
    Winnipeg, MB
    making cool music no one gives a shit about
    I was gonna say, despite disliking both Lost World and Heroes, this looks a lot more interesting than either on their own.

19. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

"Our Life is More than a Side-Effect" Member
    Stuff like that really shows the potential of the Lost World engine in a context of not-terrible level design.

20. All right, time to hold off on uninstalling this....