don't click here

The Supreme Topic of 'Other' Knowledge.

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by McGuirk, Jan 10, 2007.

1. It's a game about a supersonic blue hedgehog so why not? :v:

2. Baldy McNosehair

Baldy McNosehair

I can't lower my standards, so up yours. Banned
    Grad School
    The plants have super-powers too? Is there anything in the game that can't kick an ordinary human's ass?

3. DigitalDuck

DigitalDuck

Arriving four years late. Member
    Lincs, UK
    TurBoa, S1RL
    Obviously it was supposed to be Hydroponics Zone.

4. Huh, so I think I know what the first round of PS2 BC titles for the PS4 from Sega may consist of... For anyone not following:

• PlayStation 2 Emulation Coming to PS4, Sony Confirms:
      http://www.wired.com/2015/11/playstation-2-emulation-coming-to-ps4-sony-confirms/
    • Performance Analysis: PlayStation 2 emulation on PS4:
      http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2015-ps2-emulation-on-ps4-performance-analysis

Hope you don't mind, but I quoted your post on VFDC. VF4Evo on PS4 would be nice. :)

I do recall having a Sonic 3 guide back in the day that gave Knuckles a very Rasta background - now I have to wonder...

5. Xilla

Xilla

The other stages shown are actually just the demo sequences as seen in the final. The music didn't play in them so they just dubbed the intro music in! :)/>

6. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Interesting theory, I guess Sega might want to sneak in references to games they want to resell. Sure, I don't mind, this subforum's publically viewable anyway. =P

7. camcommunicates

camcommunicates

Still needs some work, but it looks great. It makes me want to go and play SA2 now.

8. doc eggfan

doc eggfan

Are you pondering what I'm pondering? Wiki Sysop
    ACT
    GreatMegaLD, GreatSC3k, Great SG1k
  9. ashthedragon

ashthedragon

Sonic Paradise Researcher
    Spain
    Sonic Paradise & Sonic Ages
    Well, if you have to break copyright laws and use Sonic for your local business, better use it in a fitness place...

10. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    Well... I guess he did a bit more than just grab a Sonic model with some animations and put him into a pre-existing environment this time around. This time he made an environment using pre-existing assets...

Nothing wrong with that of course, just don't get why his videos get so much attention considering how it's basically just Unreal Engine 4 assets with different character models placed in them.

The people trying to recreate stuff like this in Unreal Engine 4 seem to think that making the environments look as realistic as possible, or using high amounts of bloom like in this video will make it look like the old games but better. Which just no, it makes it look like you turned it into a modern generic video game environment.

11. Jen

Jen

#lapidot Moderator
    England
    Various drawings
    [​IMG]
    (I'm sorry, it was just asking to be done =P)

That's such a blatant infringement of copyright though, haha. I've seen loads of places doing that kinda thing before, but it's the first time I've seen one related to Sonic.

12. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    Agreed, never been a fan of this kinda thing. It just looks bad to me.

13. camcommunicates

camcommunicates

I know what you mean and I agree. When a Sonic comes out for the newer consoles I believe I will look back at these videos and not like them, as we would have seen the best Sonic in terms of graphics at that point (artstyle is a different story though). I like them now as we haven't seen anything like it (even though it is too realistic). It makes me imagine what the new Sonic could be like and the possibilities that newer generation hardware will bring to the series.

Excited for next year!

14. WhoIAm

WhoIAm

Totally unrelated, but I found a little surprise while tinkering with Sonic Generations (3DS) with HANS.

Its appID (internal name, sort of) is 00062300.

It's already pretty unusual because most games have letters in their appID's, but the cool part is that 6/23 is Sonic's birthday. In fact that's when the first console demo of Generations was released.

Coincidence or some sort of in-joke? If the latter, I appreciate the attention to detail but couldn't Dimps have spent that effort sprucing up the game itself a bit more... :eng101:

15. Herm the Germ

Herm the Germ

Hmm, not bad. Well done, doctor! Member
    Dresden, Saxony, Germany
    MIDI-to-SMPS-conversions, mostly. Takin' requests, too.
    Seems likely an intentional, if extremely obscure, kind of in-joke, yeah. Fuckin' hell, these two games really ARE littered with the most obscure of references, aren't they.

16. Black Squirrel

Black Squirrel

no reverse gear Wiki Sysop
    Northumberland, UK
    steamboat wiki
    To promote Sonic R, Sega of America had people dive into 350 gallons of mashed potatoes

http://segaretro.org/Press_release:_1997-11-18:_Dive_Into_350_Gallons_Of_Mashed_Potatoes%3F_Are_You_Crazy%3F

17. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Now that was unexpected.

18. The Impossible Dingo

The Impossible Dingo

Socially maladjusted Member
    Sydney, Australia
    My game with an extremely long name!
    This confirms that SEGA was completely stoned when they made Sonic R.

EDIT: Sonic R was referred to as Sonic RTM? What does that mean?

19. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    I think the TM is the trademark symbol. Doesn't seem to be supported in that typeface (though the copyright symbol is). That whole deal is pretty wild though. I'd dive into some mashed potatoes, it sounds awesome.

20. The Impossible Dingo

The Impossible Dingo

Socially maladjusted Member
    Sydney, Australia
    My game with an extremely long name!
    Riiiight. I'm super-derpy today. Probably withdrawals from the Internet going down at my place and missing the Doctor Who episode... Yeah, diving into potatoes sounds pretty fun. But drowning in potatoes sounds worthy of a Darwin Award.