don't click here

The Supreme Topic of 'Other' Knowledge.

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by McGuirk, Jan 10, 2007.

1. Jayextee

Jayextee

Unpopular Opinions™ Member
    Atro City
    I DONE MAKED GAMES.
    Spoken like a real citizen of David Cameron's Britain.

Yeah, it's more than the kiss to be fair. The whole love thing with Elise was horribly contrived, superficial, tacked on, and had no reason to even exist. That bit where you've got the 'trial of love' or whatever, and the goal is akin to "go to Elise and not Amy". Um. I know nothing about Elise, and Amy's fucking crazy. Can I go home? Can I play a better game? I have Sonic Labyrinth on a PS2 collection there, that should do. Or walking into the kitchen and stripping layers of skin off myself with a potato peeler, that's also fun.

Yeah, I think this render thing is just some disinterested employee's half-ass Google-fu for a relevant image. You know, like the Sonia in All-Stars Racing thing.

2. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    RE Sonic & Tails: that's the Master System version of the Turquoise Hill theme too, so we now know which version was made first!

Fantastic find on this video.

3. steveswede

steveswede

Ask my hand
    Fighting against the Unitary State of Europe
    That beta boss theme is surreal to hear.

4. The KKM

The KKM

Welcome to the nExt level Member
    Portugal
    IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog comic books
    It's pretty great. I wanna see a remix of it now using whistles as the main instrument, feels it'd fit well

5. Xilla

Xilla

I posted another very similar video a while back, where the game was called "Sonic 3" by the narrator, and the SMS Gigalopolis Zone music was included :) IIRC the Gigalopolis boss had an extra ball as well.

6. kazblox

kazblox

Diassemblies and decompilations.
    That "Sonic 3" video you're describing actually shows a beta with no sound at all. Different sprites, and boss transitions are different. You're right about the extra ball in the Gigalopolis boss. I believe the beta showed in the Sonic Chaos magazine previews also had the same sprites as the "Sonic 3" video.

Also: notice how there's no title screen music in Bakayote's video.

7. Black Squirrel

Black Squirrel

no reverse gear Wiki Sysop
    Northumberland, UK
    steamboat wiki
    Hey I posted that video in this topic ages ago and nobody cared =P

8. BinBowie

BinBowie

Na Zdrowie! Member
    USA
    I found another video. it's very similar.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8fiauZlIIk

Sonic CD stuff at the beginning if anyone's interested.

23:14 - Sonic and Tails/Sonic Chaos - Glitching though the loop in Gigapolis
    23:49 - Sonic and Tails/Sonic Chaos - Gigapolis Boss with the extra ball.

Anyway, I'd really like to see this video talking about Sonic 3 on the Game Gear. Sounds interesting.

Edit found another interesting video, this time with Sonic 2 SMS beta stuff:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InBWfr8owJk

Around 37:30, most of the music of the levels past Underground Zone is the intro music.

9. shilz

shilz

getting my daily allowance of vitamin kk
    wait sonic 06 in VR?
    does it support Modding Shenanigans?
    Can it run Crysis? *killed*
    Anyways I used to have a Sonic Chronicles save with all 5 viral chao- including the one that isn't in the JP version as a cheat.
    the reason it's not included is pretty simple. "KO" is a status effect, so when the chao causes an enemy to count as if it's "KO"d it is unselectable , and eventually it will use a POW move, but it can't.
    it's been a few years since I was able to play chronicles so I don't remember much of what happened under these circumstances.

10. kazblox

kazblox

Diassemblies and decompilations.
    Bakayote: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQ046aUM46Q&feature=youtu.be&t=18m19s Really interesting.

Also, if you look in the August 1993 preview of Sonic Chaos you can see that music doesn't halt when going through a signpost and no angular sprites existed for 2.5 dimensional platforms (Mecha Green Hill Zone Bridge) yet.

11. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Also, lost Shinobi III levels and some pretty crazy Streets of Rage 2 prototype.

Is it just me or is Sonic's animation more fluid than usual?

12. Xilla

Xilla

There's also some crazy Bare Knuckle 3 prototype footage out there too ;) Really makes me wish there was a ROM of it in the wild!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4XJaJtNanE

13. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    A cancelled Sonic game called "Sonic the Hedgehog: Awakening" was found on the resume of the ex-voice actor of Silver: http://www.sonicstadium.org/2015/11/sonic-the-hedgehog-awakening-found-on-ex-silver-va-resume/

...Sonic 2006-2?

14. The Impossible Dingo

The Impossible Dingo

Socially maladjusted Member
    Sydney, Australia
    My game with an extremely long name!
    @TimmiT I'm genuinely interested. If this is true then I wonder what it would've been like.

15. Darth Taco

Darth Taco

Soooo. Think I'm gonna grasp at straws. What's the chance of this being Sonic '16 and they're just bringing Capella back for some reason? I know it's placement before Rivals and Secret Rings suggests that it's not, but you never know. :tinfoil:

Also did this just show up, or has it been there for a while and was only found today?

16. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Look what I found in the finalé of the Yuki Nagato anime:

[​IMG]

I know Sega's had some involvement with the Haruhi franchise in the past, so it's not a huge surprise. Bit weird there's no Sega logo on the Puyo Puyo box though. It then cut to footage of Virtua Fighter 4 Evolution, that Haruhi was playing, so I guess Sega sponsored the episode (it's a special one). =P

17. DigitalDuck

DigitalDuck

Arriving four years late. Member
    Lincs, UK
    TurBoa, S1RL
    It's also the only one that has a proper title (Virtua Fighter 4 Evolution), and the serial number is correct!

What's weirder is that there's a "SOGA" logo on the top instead, and all the other games are the usual altered names (Puchi Puchi, Phantasy Stories, Gradios X, Romantic Saga) despite the first two also being SEGA.

18. Black Squirrel

Black Squirrel

no reverse gear Wiki Sysop
    Northumberland, UK
    steamboat wiki
    This Sonic & Knuckles bootleg from many years ago:

http://sost.emulationzone.org/sonic_knuxpir/box/sonicknuckles_box.jpg

the really common one, with the nonesense about Sonic 4 mysteries on the back and an odd set of screenshots. Turns out the descriptions come from Electronic Gaming Monthly #59 (June 1994, page 50).

19. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Very interesting little nugget, this. Whatever it was, cancelled game or otherwise, it got far enough into production that voices were recorded.

20. Baldy McNosehair

Baldy McNosehair

I can't lower my standards, so up yours. Banned
    Grad School
    The biggest question that comes to mind is, "How are plants growing inside of a giant dome that blocks out sunlight?"

[​IMG]