don't click here

Sonic Lost World (PC / Wii U) Hacking & Resources

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Dario FF, Jan 1, 2015.

1. Mr Lange

Mr Lange

A wise guy eh. I know how to DEAL with wise guys. Member
    The Land of Waldos
    Sonic Utopia, Sonic Overture
    Finally the character matches the game.

2. TheCongressman

TheCongressman

I have some questions, and or observations, about SonicGlvl. First, when I try to load certain stages (e.g. Windy Hill 1 but not Desert Ruin 1), the program instantly crashes. Is there any reason in particular why that would be happening? I've tried unpacking fresh files to load, but it still happens. Second, when you save a stage layout, it generates .orc files. Are those the only files that handle object placement, and would those be the only files you need to include in your mod folder, say if you just wanted to remove a dashpad? And again, in that case would you structure your mod folder like this: /mod/(mod name)/data/Sonic2013_patch_0/set/ ?

I've tried to use a few similar mods as reference, but I'm not having any luck loading my test mods. Maybe I'm missing something really simple. Any help would be appreciated.

3. Felik

Felik

Nah, Bubsy is not Bubsy without constant talking and terrible cat puns.

4. Twilightzoney

Twilightzoney

Tech Member
    Elgin, IL And Hampshire
    Unleashed and Generations Stuff and Custom Works
    So it seems that the people on the NifTools site are screwed as well since Fallout 4 uses 2014 Havok and its 64bit. And the Havok program never released a 64bit SDK of it. I'm hoping someone there will have the SDK's to 2013 2014. Since we are going to need them. Or if anyone here has them that would be amazing.

5. Dissident

Dissident

Sami Member
    http://youtu.be/E7np79W0hx0

This one's cute, lol. Slightly off topic but I've always wondered why this mod doesn't exist for SADX PC. Considering the majority seems to like the DC version's look better has no one ported the models/textures before?

6. BlazeHedgehog

BlazeHedgehog

A "Community Enigma"? Oldbie
    I brought it up on the SADX Mod thread a couple years ago and nobody really seemed interested and I didn't feel like learning how to do it myself

7. Paraxade

Paraxade

Have you moved the orc files from the game's set folder into your mod folder? If not, that's probably why it's crashing.

And yeah, .orc files control set layouts and if you're just modifying the sets then that's all you need in your mod.

8. MainMemory

MainMemory

Kate the Wolf Tech Member
    SonLVL
    Because SADX modding is a mess. Even now, we don't have a complete understanding of the steps required for a complete model replacement. Things like vertex welding (connecting the separate sections of models) are largely hardcoded and poorly understood, and don't even think about trying to replace the cutscene/speech heads.

+ - Personally I prefer the DX models anyway.  

9. Dissident

Dissident

Sami Member
    Aaahh, I see. A relic from an older time haha, that makes sense. Thanks.

10. Azu

Azu

I must be stupid. Member
    Dunno, doesn't seem like it. Might need to wait and see if the official Fallout 4 mod tools has any. :x

11. SonicHyuga

SonicHyuga

Tennessee
    Sky Rail (Generations) and Aquarium Park (Generations)
    Since most of you are mainly looking for that lazy "double mouth" fix:

[​IMG]

Well, grab it here.

12. TheCongressman

TheCongressman

Yes, that was the issue with the crashing, thank you. Must have gotten some windows mixed up when moving files around.

As for getting my test to work, I can't get any results. I have my modified .orc files in the structure I previously posted: /mod/(mod name)/data/Sonic2013_patch_0/set , but there are no changes in game. Other mods such as 'Nonexistant Six" load perfectly fine however. Is there something I need to modify in the actstgmissions.lua? Looking through it, there's nothing that seems necessary to modify in this mod's case.

And because it's my first time using SonicGlvl, I'll go ahead and try to clarify the process. You modify the layout like you want, (deleting various objects in my case) then go to file and select 'save stage data', correct? That should output the changes to the set folder.

13. Iggy for Short

Iggy for Short

We've got the obligatory "play as black Sonic Shadow" mod. Fun fact: I did a custom loop of Magna-Fi's "All Hail Shadow" for the Super Sonic track. Unfun fact: The reason the loop had to be custom was to keep it within a certain file size. I just barely made it. :v:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EGFLDU9nhQ

14. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Sorry I know I've asked this before, but how are people going about editing adx files? What programs are good for editing songs and such?

15. LordOfSquad

LordOfSquad

bobs over baghdad Member
    Winnipeg, MB
    making cool music no one gives a shit about
    This isn't even a mod, it's just what happens when you unlock the secret ending where Bubsy takes off his Sonic costume.

16. Metalsonicmk72

Metalsonicmk72

I've been using a program called "ADX Frontend" to encode looping points when turning .wav files into .adx and Audacity to do the file editing. Do note that audacity will not recognize any of the criware formats (or most videogame audio formats) so you must convert them to .wav first.

Most of the audio I convert to .wav format through the audio player foobar2000 which has the ability to convert any supported audio formats to .wav If you have audio files from other games "VGMStream" is a great plugin to use in foobar2000 since it can recognize most videogame audio formats and even tell you the "loop start" and "loop end" points in samples which is how ADX Frontend encodes these.

My time is rather limited right now with the holiday going on, but if you can't find ADX Frontend, which doesn't appear to be on the SCHG, nor can I find any active download links on google search, I'll just dump it onto dropbox later.

17. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Excellent, thank you!

18. Iggy for Short

Iggy for Short

I used audacity for editing, figuring out the loop points, and exporting as .wav, and then adxencd for converting to .adx. Even if it weren't for the current file size limitation, it's still trickier than Sonic Generations because Lost World uses looped .adx files rather than .aax. You'll need both your introduction (the segment that plays once at the beginning) and your loop all in the same music track, and to convert it into a looped .adx you've gotta run adxencd through a batch file that specifies the loop's start and end times (in samples, which you can find through Audacity).

Here's what the command in your batch file will look like, for reference. Replace the underlined parts with your own parameters.

• adxencd FileName.wav -lps01234 -lpe56789

EDIT: Dang it, ninja'd. I hope some of the info I gave is still helpful, Dark Sonic.

19. Paraxade

Paraxade

I haven't really done any work with Lost World modding other than working on some of the tools so kinda hard for me to say for sure what the problem is. If other mods work, and you've got the same directory structure as them, and you're completely sure that you actually have the mod enabled for cpkredir, it should work. If you close GLvl and then reopen your level, do your changes from the last session still show up?

20. TheCongressman

TheCongressman

Oh, right, I don't expect anyone to have a magical answer. I just really appreciate any help troubleshooting this.

But good news, going back and looking at the way cpkredir was set up fixed it. I had a folder with the mod loader and cpkredir inside the SLW folder, but cpkredir was also located in the main SLW folder. I just copied the mod loader and cpkredir files from there and pasted over the ones in the main folder. Now it seems to be working like a charm.

I knew it must have been something to do with the way my files were placed rather than SonicGlvl or the .orc files themselves, because when I saved changes, they would be loaded in the editor the same way.

Again, I really appreciate the help. I'll update you guys how it goes when I get something I think is interesting.