don't click here

Sonic OSTs now on Spotify

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Yuzu, Nov 16, 2015.

1. 360

Light Vision Overdrive Oldbie
    United Kingdom
    Sonic Neon
    Another amazing Sonic-related move by Sega. This in tandem with their recent comments hyping up the next game and Aaron's social media miracle illustrates to me that they're caring about and placing emphasis and importance on the series again. This is the ultimate fan service move right here. Loving this new and improved Sega so far.

2. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    >Planetary Pieces is up!
    >Endless Possibility is missing.

...well, that blows. That's, like, the GOAT Sonic theme. But it confirmed what I suspected was holding up Unleashed's soundtrack from going up.

3. Dissident

Dissident

Sami Member
    lol Disc 2 of Planetary Pieces has a bunch of mislabeled songs. Someone goofed, hopefully they fix it.

4. Yuzu

Yuzu

UNDERSTAND UNDERSTAND UNDERSTAND UNDERSTAND UNDERSTAND UNDERSTAND

THE CONCEPT OF LOVE

Adding Jet Set Radio Future's OST to Sega's Spotify reminded me of how great it was.

5. PhotonSeek

PhotonSeek

This is great! I'm glad SEGA still care about the soundtracks and the fans! :specialed:

Also, I hope they add the OSTs for Jet Set Radio (the original release, not the one from 2012) and Ollie King. Someday SEGA could add more Naganuma-related works such as Sega Rally 2, Guru Guru Onsen, Kurohyou, though all three are probably unlikely.

6. Zycor

Zycor

Unlike Sonic, I don't chuckle. Member
    Beats me.
    This is cool... but I'm in Japan and Japan doesn't have Spotify... :(

7. Yuzu

Yuzu

If you pay for a subscription with a US credit card, you should be able to listen to Spotify outside of the region.

I'm not sure if it only works for Spotify applicable countries though.

8. EmerlForgotten

EmerlForgotten

Sonic Music Curator Member
    Great move on SEGA's part. Now fans can discover more great songs from the franchise, especially the first two Sonic Riders OSTs. Those were seriously underrated.

9. Ravenyte

Ravenyte

I pity you. Love isn't part of your programming. Member
    Ah this is really good news! Finally I can listen to Sonic music offline without having to download like a million songs using a Youtube converter. Hopefully no one will notice that I'm listening to Sonic music in public, though. >>;

I couldn't find all the Sonic OSTs simply by searching Jun Senoue though, and searching "Sonic Adventure" by itself didn't yield any results?? ;;

10. Yuzu

Yuzu

Check the first post, I linked all of the albums with Spotify links. Login to your Spotify and save the albums. Then they'll show up in your library.

It's an awkward system, but it's the best I could do.

11. Ravenyte

Ravenyte

I pity you. Love isn't part of your programming. Member
    Oohh, okay then. Sorry, I didn't understand at first. But that's really cool of you, thanks!

12. GeneHF

GeneHF

Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    It's the most effective method because they're all over the place in terms of artist.

13. Covarr

Covarr

Sentient Cash Register Member
    Trapped in my own thoughts.
    Two stageplays, a screenplay, and an album
    For convenience's sake, I put all the OSTs from the Chronological list into a single playlist. I have not included the Crush 40 albums or JSRF, and I can't promise I'll remember/bother keep this up-to-date if they add more albums in the future, but it should be easier if you just want to listen than adding every single album to your own stuff.

Since I am a fuckup, there is a distinct chance I've fucked up and accidentally missed an album. Let me know if you notice any missing and I'll fix it.

14. redhotsonic

redhotsonic

Also known as RHS Tech Member
    United Kingdom
    YouTuber
    According to Sonic on Facebook, Sonic adventure 2 is now on Spotify.

EDIT: to be precise, it said "we've now added 30 more tracks to Spotify, enjoy" but posted a picture of adventure 2 20th anniversary.

15. Covarr

Covarr

Sentient Cash Register Member
    Trapped in my own thoughts.
    Two stageplays, a screenplay, and an album
    It said "We've just added over 30 Sonic soundtracks to Spotify." It meant all the albums, because they hadn't actually announced anything about it yet. That they used the SA2 art seems to have been little more than a coincidence.

16. GeneHF

GeneHF

Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    I guess they wanted it to be a surprise for the beginning of the week.

But, ever the expert sleuths, the Sonic Scene once again peeked under the Christmas tree and found its presents early. :specialed:

17. roymcgeeters

roymcgeeters

Video games do not make video games Member
    Those were some of the first tracks I started to try and find, and sadly they're apparently not on there. A shame too, because I adore Bently Jones' remix of "Open Your Heart".

This is seriously awesome, more video game soundtracks should be on Spotify and other services like that. I'll certainly be listening to some Un-Gravitify or Spring Emotions when I'm grinding in an RPG or something.

18. RubyEclipse

RubyEclipse

Works at Squar Inix Member
    Yep. ;) It was nice to see you guys find this last week, though!

19. Yuzu

Yuzu

I'm sorry! I just really wondered if Rush's soundtrack was on Spotify.

It was a complete coincidence! :v:

20. GeneHF

GeneHF

Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    Well, the gesture is nevertheless very appreciated. I do hope this means other series will see their soundtracks sneak aboard.

(coughPSOBBcough)