don't click here

Valkyria Revolution coming to PS4/Xbox One/Vita

Discussion in 'General Sega Discussion' started by TimmiT, Nov 4, 2015.

1. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    Looks like SEGA might be bringing back Valkyria Chronicles. Not just that, they trademarked an English name for it, meaning that it's possible that it'll be released in the west:

http://gematsu.com/2015/11/sega-trademarks-valkyria-azure-revolution

Hopefully not just a mobile game. Still, if SEGA really wants to earn back the trust of their fans, a new Valkyria Chronicles game would be a pretty decent way of doing that. If this isn't a mobile game, then I imagine it being for PS4 and PC.

Besides that, the first game selling 500k in the west on PC in the first year of release probably makes for a decent argument for releasing it in the west.

2. Shadic

Shadic

Olympia, WA
    Home improvement eternal
    Please not another game on a handheld, please not another game on a handheld.

Still need to get around to actually playing VC2 and 3... Even though I wasn't a huge fan of 2 last I tried.

3. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
  4. Falk

Falk

*crickets*

5. STHX

STHX

SEGAAAAAAAAA?!? Member
    The world of Trophies
    Sonic In Mushroom Kingdom
    So, it's made by the modern Shining Force developers, and it's not a spin-off but another world (which still has common elements with the VC world like ragnite and so on) that's why it's called Azure Revolution. I'll need to see it in action before making judgement but I hope it strays a lot from the modern Shining gameplay.

6. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    It'll have a different battle system at least. Also it has the same director as that of the original Valkyria Chronicles.

7. Shadic

Shadic

Olympia, WA
    Home improvement eternal
    I don't get why they're completely changing gameplay if it's supposed to be part of the same series. Like... It's more of a spin-off I guess?

8. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    It seems more like they're turning it into something they can do whatever like with Shining.

9. 360

Light Vision Overdrive Oldbie
    United Kingdom
    Sonic Neon
    Screenshots!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The game wasn't on my radar before but looking at these screens, wow. It is now. Stunningly beautiful. Like a painting come to life.

10. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    Looks like PSO to me.

11. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    Looks like anime to me.

12. 360

Light Vision Overdrive Oldbie
    United Kingdom
    Sonic Neon
    Looks like a good game to me. Teaser trailer and more screenshots: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1143296

13. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rNJFn0VU5I

boobs

14. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    The fact that it says 1.0 scares me.

So is that just a demo or is this an online game?

15. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    1.0 seems to be for the demo that'll come with the PS4 remaster of Valkyria Chronicles.

16. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    So in related news: Valkyria Chronicles Remastered for PS4 will be released in the US and Europe.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcqUN-fqPFE

[​IMG]

Will cost $29.99.

17. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    Awesome news. Awkwardly, I can't find anywhere taking pre-orders for this or the 3D Classics Collection from last week. I'll be keeping an eye out though, I really like that case.

Some online are taking the lack of Valkyria Azure Revolution demo (that Japan is getting) as a bad sign, but I'm pretty confident we'll get that if we're getting this.

18. Covarr

Covarr

Sentient Cash Register Member
    Trapped in my own thoughts.
    Two stageplays, a screenplay, and an album
    As someone who doesn't own Valkyria Chronicles in any form, should I get the PC version, or wait for the remastered PS4 version? I can't tell by the trailer if this is improved from the PC version, but maybe someone more familiar with the game can.

19. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    It's the same as the PC version: the original game with all of the DLC included. Really the PC version is better cause you can go higher than 1080p. :v:

20. Vinchenz

Vinchenz

Yo! Hustle! Hustle! Member
    Gameplay is leaking out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZsEZZlVnrwE

...not quite what I expected. This is only the "1.0" beta thingy, though, and it looks like a tutorial stage so I'm sure the final gameplay will be a lot more engaging.