don't click here

The Sonic Merchandise Topic

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Retro_Stew, Jul 11, 2011.

1. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    A first look at the 25th anniversary merch, which seems to be all classic Sonic stuff: http://www.sonicstadium.org/2015/10/more-25th-anniversary-licensing-details-discovered-at-ble-2015/

2. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    What do you have up your sleeve Sega. Reveal something :colbert:

3. Hope we get lots of cool Classic Sonic stuff!

4. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

If we didn't already have enough of an inkling that SEGA wanted a Classic Sonic focus for the 25th, we certainly do now.

Are they actually going to revive the Classic Sonic brand as it's own entity beyond recycling the same pieces of stock art over and over? I bloody well hope so. Can only imagine what they have planned game-wise.

5. Azookara

Azookara

yup Member
    If it's classic Sonic, it's probably gonna be pushing nostalgia and minimize story and dialogue to the utmost degree in an attempt to reel in the outsiders... and it'll work, is the sad thing. Also it won't play like it's supposed to either, but at least it'll be really really pretty.

I'd love to be proven wrong, but I'm really not expecting Sonic Team to know how to do a classic styled game in any way other than visuals maybe.

6. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Honestly, I get the feeling it's being pushed simply because Classic merch sells. Not sure it'll have any sort of game impact at all.

7. Jen

Jen

#lapidot Moderator
    England
    Various drawings
    Honestly, I really hope that this means we'll get a new, proper Classic-styled Sonic game for the 25th, but I'm with Overlord on this one. It's probably going to be like with Pokemon's 20th anniversary - classic style merchandise is starting to be revealed for that, but that doesn't mean we'll get a Gen I remake or anything because there's still not been any announcement in that regard (...I still want to believe, though =P).

In any event, I'm really excited about the prospect of new Classic Sonic merchandise! My wallet probably isn't ready, though.

8. camcommunicates

camcommunicates

That's great that they are focusing on other older SEGA IP's for licensing. Depending on who gets the license there could be some great product coming out. The Classic Sonic t-shirts seem a bit like designs and styles we have seen before - still, it is only the first insight so far.

9. VectorCNC

VectorCNC

CNC Sculpture/Artwork
    OK, so speaking of older merch, I'm assuming that people are aware of this book and it's contents, but I looked around and never saw anything so I figured I'd ask. This is the cover, and some of the images from within...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    Hey look, it's Lost Labyrinth Zone. :v:

11. VectorCNC

VectorCNC

CNC Sculpture/Artwork
    The book is like 20 years old. And it makes no mention of who the art was done by. I remember how a lot of the Sonic books back then would tend to have a lot of reused poses, but this book didn't. Also it appears to all be from Sonic 2. There are many more images, anyone else seen these before?

12. Lhancat

Lhancat

TBA
    Have these been posted before? A bunch of old Sonic/Sega retro styled goodies. This photo is from a Forbidden Planet catalogue, a UK store.

[​IMG]

Source is here

13. Jen

Jen

#lapidot Moderator
    England
    Various drawings
    When we had the last Barcade run, between us we basically emptied Forbidden Planet of the passport holders and travel card holders =P They're really nice. They're named "Sonic Retro" on the price labels (and in that catalogue by the looks of things) which made me smile.

Forbidden Planet have a bit more classic Sonic merchandise than what's listed there - they had a shop at Eurogamer, where I got a really nice Robotnik tshirt; I think they also had another one with Sonic, Tails and Knuckles on it. I've not seen them for sale anywhere else. I'll try to track down pictures at some point.

14. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Indeed, here's a quick snap of my current Oyster Card passholder with the itemised reciept:

[​IMG]

They're lovely things though it's a pity the game selection's only a few titles. Understandable why, though.

15. ProwlerX

ProwlerX

I have this coloring book as well, although I colored in mine. :v:/>/> Is there any interest in scanning all the artwork inside?

16. VectorCNC

VectorCNC

CNC Sculpture/Artwork
    If so, I have every single image unused. I was a very anal child...

17. camcommunicates

camcommunicates

I picked up some Joypolis merchandise in Tokyo a couple of weeks ago. I wish I had more suitcase space as I would have purchased more!

Love the artwork and Sonic models on these

[​IMG]

18. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    I hope they lob those onto SonicMerchandise sometime, I would love those.

they won't

19. Josh

Josh

Oldbie
    USA
    I'd love to see that!

Also, I have that Sonic face shirt on the last page. Got it from Wal-Mart for like $7.

20. camcommunicates

camcommunicates

One of the Sonic books I have from the 90's. I think this might have only been available in Australia as it was published and distributed here, unlike with other Sonic books that usually came from the UK. There was also an obsession with the x-treme line at the time here, which I don't think any other country had.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]