don't click here

Sonic Lost World (Wii U, 3DS, PC) Megathread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, May 17, 2013.

1. Captain L

Captain L

The guy who likes Shadow the Hedgehog Member
    Waiting for the coming of the Great White Hankerchief
    You could also manually edit the configuration files in Generations to get it to use the NVidia card, that'd probably work for Lost World if it still has the configuration files.

2. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    It doesn't. IIRC it also didn't work for Generations, at least not for me.

3. DustArma

DustArma

Santiago, Chile
    Learning Python.
    Oh man the DoF quality is just terrible, I hope a mod comes out soon to increase the resolution of it.

4. So the controls being better is just a placebo due to no Gamepad? Everything about this version seems inferior to the one I already have, so I'll pass.

5. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    Seems to be. Not surprised that it turned out to be BS. I think the claimant on that hadn't touched the game in about 2 years so it makes sense.

6. Shadow Hog

Shadow Hog

"I'm a superdog!" Member
    They didn't really elaborate on how, exactly, the controls were apparently "better", either, so it's not a huge shock that - surprise! - they're the same as ever.

7. Dissident

Dissident

Sami Member
    Wait, woah, how is it worse?

8. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    So I guess it's not worth updating the existing review I wrote then?

9. Iggy for Short

Iggy for Short

If anything, I WISH I was playing it on the Wii U's Gamepad. On top of finding it more comfortable, using a trigger for a run button is already making my hand tired, and SEGA in all their infinite wisdom only made the keyboard controls rebindable.

And does anybody else think a lot of the 2D graphical elements look like ass? The text/buttons in the title and pause menus don't look like they were made for even 1080p.

10. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Really? I think using a 360 controller is far more comfortable and less cumbersome than the gamepad. The game feels better, and having a fresh run of the game with Wii U patch 3.0's updates on hand is nice. But yea, the UI looks like ass. There could have been more done there.

So I guess here are some pros and cons:

Pros:
    No more motion controls or touch pad elements
    Volume controls for music, sfx, and voices (So you can shut the deadly six up)
    Less grinding than the Wii U version
    Cut out the Miiverse stuff (Obviously, but it's nice not having "HEY WANT TO SEND THAT ITEM TO SOMEONE!" pop up constantly)

Cons:
    No multiplayer or bonus stages (Did anyone really care for either though)?
    UI looks kinda bleh

Depends:
    No more gamepad

11. Mendinso

Mendinso

I'm Who I Am. Oldbie
    Question, since my friend is playing the game right now (PC version) and can't seem to find this.

Is it possible to switch audio and text language in game? And for that matter, is Japanese language supported at all? When I was looking at the Steam's supported language, Japanese was not listed at all.

12. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    Short of ripping the language track from the Wii U version and overwriting the language files in the PC version, I don't think so.

13. Rosie

Rosie

aka Rosie Member
    I'm going to assume that with Sonic Boom 2 delayed, they needed something out for Christmas, so this was thrown together quick and cheaply.

I already own Lost World on Wii U, and it was promising to begin with. It had fantastic, classic-inspired aesthetics, 60 fps and interesting gameplay that while not perfect I personally preferred to the hold X to win boost gameplay of Unleashed and Generations, especially with secrets and alternate paths. It's a shame that by about the half way point it came off as really half-arsed, like they suddenly ran out of time or money. Although it definitely had some bullshit bits, I'd say I enjoyed it overall.

So it's disappointing that the port isn't great, but the game wasn't anything special to begin with. I've merely gone from 'probably not double dipping' to 'not until it's under a fiver and SEGA/mods have fixed it'.

I'm just concerned that, if a half-arsed game given a half-arsed port that nobody asked for doesn't sell, SEGA will see it as "SEE PC GAMES don't SELL NO SHENMUE HD 4U"

14. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    So, the voice volume control only disables inane, in level deadly six chatter (outside of bosses).

Perfect. I never want to hear those one liners again.

15. synchronizer

synchronizer

Did they fix any of the animation issues? (For example, the Super Sonic mouth.)

16. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Game just came out, I haven't gotten that far yet :specialed:

EDIT: I will say one thing is easier to control. The pinball table. I'm not sure if I just got lucky or what when getting that red ring but it was so much easier than the Wii U version.

17. I love being continuously told how to use the wisps every single time I use them, and being told when they are obviously depleted. Literally no way of turning it off. This game plays as slow as it is due to it's stupid design. This doesn't help.

18. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    In time hopefully mods will remove some of the cumbersome crap, just like with Generations before it.

19. I also just realized you can't just run into wisp capsules. I don't know if this is how it is in the Wii U version (never payed attention to that). Seriously?

20. Paraxade

Paraxade

IIRC yeah, you can't run into wisp capsules on the Wii U version either.