don't click here

Sonic Dash 2: Sonic Boom

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by JcFerggy, Jul 1, 2015.

1. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    Game is officially out for download if you're into that sort of thing. No more softlaunch.

2. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Since I was curious how the hell this thing could be on the apple watch in addition to the iPhone and iPad, I asked the Sonic twitter/Ruby what it does. It's a companion app. If you go for real, actual in life runs you can get in-game gifts for the regular game. I love that idea so much, it hits close to home for me since Sonic inspired me to start running back in the day. If I had these things back in middle school I'd have loved this.

3. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    That's actually pretty neat to use for integration. Get them lazy Sonic fans off the couch and moving, even if it's a F2P infinite runner.

Hardlight is shaming Sonic Team hard. :v:

4. Felik

Felik

Dev diary 2 been released. YOU ALL CAN NOW OFFICIALLY GET HYPED

5. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okJCcA6kivM

"We have about 15 people working in-house and an additional 10 developers at an outsource partner called Sumo" - 0:33

[​IMG]

I didn't realise that before. Nice to see that Sumo are still working with SEGA after moving on to bigger things, however minor. Here's hoping it amounts to something of greater capacity in the future. ASRT is an excellent game.

6. ashthedragon

ashthedragon

Sonic Paradise Researcher
    Spain
    Sonic Paradise & Sonic Ages
    Anyone who played this on the initial soft launch has played it now? Has the game improved? At soft launch it felt really unfinished even if with great ideas that improved Dash 1, but is it more polished now?
    Can't wait until it releases at Android tomorrow.

7. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

"Our Life is More than a Side-Effect" Member
    So far, this game is an all-out improvement compared to Dash 1. More responsive controls, reasonable Red Ring goals for characters, etc., the characters actually having abilities making them worth purchasing and utilizing, and especially the branching paths.

Only complaint I have are that the visuals are not nearly as sharp as Dash 1. But I'll take that one down note with all the positives it includes over Dash 1 any day.

8. ashthedragon

ashthedragon

Sonic Paradise Researcher
    Spain
    Sonic Paradise & Sonic Ages
    Music is not as catchy as Dash 1, too ( hey, I like Seaside hill over and over and over again). Also I've the impression it is much less polished than Dash, even as when Dash was released...it has many improvements, but it seems rough, like low quality. Sound sounds lower quality ( sound much more compressed, like a lower bitrate sound file, asides I like the melody or not) , but it has good ideas. I hope it is sucessful and they keep improving it's UI and polishing it.

9. MartiusR

MartiusR

I don't know if it's because I've used to Sonic Dash or indeed there is something wrong, but I've got an impression, that control is not so responsive - for example sometimes my character is not rolling anymore, while he should (I've made again the same move to make him roll). Sometimes animation seems to be a bit too "hectic" (don't know if it's fault of the game or my handheld/tablet, but I didn't experienced such thing in any other Android game I've played so far). This idea to have "optional checkpoints" instead of classic ending of level is interesting idea, but (at this moment) it's a bit confusing for me, especially since multiplier of rings is increasing after every visit, so it doesn't have sense to skip it at any moment.

But overall - it's really nice title to play. Special abilities of characters are definitelly good step, I can feel some progress in collecting rings (smaller in case of red stars), which is good, and I like idea of motobugs charging on you, it's making gameplay a bit more spicy. Even this "mini-game", which should be annoying for me (control with leaning your phone/tablet, bleh) is working surprisingly well.

I experienced yesterday constant problems with connecting with "network", because I coulnd't take part in "daily challenges" (probably it is called in some other way, but I can't remember). Other games were working fine, so I'm assuming it's some temporary problem of this title.

By the way - it's quite significant, that in description of game in Google Play Store Sonic Dash 2 is described as basing on famous "TV Series" - I'm not surprised though ;)

10. Saidian

Saidian

England
    Blast From The Fast (Fangame)
    [​IMG]

So I fell through the floor. I've also died when coming off airborne rails and landing on solid ground, oh and once the camera really fucked up when I switched characters.

11. Darth Taco

Darth Taco

The advertising for this thing is getting increasingly weird.

https://twitter.com/sonic_hedgehog/status/656828750282162176

Live chat... with a sound designer.
    wut. :psyduck:

Seriously, the way Boom is being advertised makes Sega and everyone working with Boom look bat-shit insane.

12. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    ...What's wrong with them doing a live chat with one of the people who worked on the game? It may not be for a game people here care all that much for, but getting more interviews with people who worked on the games rather than just PR really isn't a bad thing.

13. Darth Taco

Darth Taco

Didn't say there was anything wrong with it. I just find it weird how seriously they're taking this. :v:

14. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

And honestly I have to agree. The dev diary and now this interview are things is expect from a much bigger, more "real" project that will be gaining lots of attention from dedicated fans, not casual mobile gamers up for a quick romp.

15. MartiusR

MartiusR

Yeah, these bugs can be really annoying sometimes. One of the worsest (because it's constant issue) is when enerbeam* bonus is situated just before some obstacle - since it's not working like spring (so throwing you into the sky immediately), but instead still moving a bit forward, so it's always causing "bam!" (and losing rings or life). I had even once situation, when one of the missions (about destroying some amount of objects during dash) didn't work - counter wasn't working, despite two runs, when it was counting destroyed objects (so fortunately, I've managed to end it). Not to mention about these random crashes mentioned by Super Napalm.

16. Saidian

Saidian

England
    Btw, curious to see if anyone has bothered to really go for a high score. My top score is 1450075, could've been higher but I was getting bored and had already gotten to the top of the 'Score Chaser' event. For powerups, I'm sticking with Legs, Volt and Ion. Really helps get the score up.

One thing that's annoying me is the fact I've done so many missions now that they're repeating. Hopefully the next patch adds at least some more of them

17. Chris Highwind

Chris Highwind

Statesville, NC
    Slacking
    I decided to try Sonic Dash 2 again, downloaded it onto my iPad 2, and the framerate was still godawful. Half my runs ended because my swipes to change lanes didn't register before my character faceplanted into an obstacle.

18. MartiusR

MartiusR

I was recently wondering about most optimate team (especially it's about bonuses to distance/enemies/combos). Do you think that combination Amy+Knuckles+Sticks (2x enemies bonus and 1x combo bonus) would be better than having one bonus for every category? (for example Tails+Amy+Sticks ---> distance, enemies & combo)? I've got an impression that bonus for enemies is most noticeable (when we're talking about points). I'm only sure for 100% that I won't remove Amy from my team - her boost power is incredibly effective (additional rings + destroying enemies on the near routes), but I'm wondering, who shall take 2 other slots in team.

These hi-scores in "score-competition" are recently incredibly high, after obtaining more than 9 mln points I've taken about 5th or 6th place.

19. Saidian

Saidian

England
    With the rank I'm currently at, the 'player' topping the leaderboard is getting over 100 million. With my current setup, that would take me something like 3 hours to get anywhere near...

Wish they'd fix the goddamn bugs soon, I've had too many runs fail because the game stops generating track.

20. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    I'm disappointed that no version of this game seems to be coming for PC like the original Dash.