don't click here

General Project Screenshot/Video Thread

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Tweaker, Jun 26, 2008.

1. Abyssal Leopard

Abyssal Leopard

Spain
    None
    That looks really interesting, Vladik. Is that a mini hack or do you plan to make it a full game?

2. rata

rata

Argentina
    Trying to be useful somehow.
    Is that music original or borrowed from somewhere else? It is bloody awesome...

Edit: damn it, it stick to me!

3. Vlad, that looks really, really, something nice coming out!

"Coming soon" etc~
    http://youtu.be/PDxXLF9fWSc

Oh and:
    [​IMG]
    I have no idea how to unlock this, if someone may help me in Monday 19th!

4. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Wow lot of Sonic 3 hacks lately. Minor nitpick though NeoFusion. Sonic's life icon is from Sonic Advance 3, while Tails and Knuckles' are from Advance 1. It looks kinda wrong (I would honestly just go for Advance 3's life icons, they're cleaner and less derpy looking, they also pass off as closer to classic than SAdv1's did)

5. MainMemory

MainMemory

Kate the Wolf Tech Member
    SonLVL
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkI7F6pI-xc

6. Well yeah, I was planning use Tails life icon from Sonic CD (2011) and (something else for Knuckles) new hud art AsuharaMoon made for me, but I didn't have enough time to think in these details because well, was running to send my hack "clear" before SHC deadline. And still, don't have time to do everything I wanted.

7. rata

rata

Argentina
    Looks interesting, but why is Knuckles getting chaos emeralds instead of shatters of the master emerald?
    Also, I'm not fan or taking 3D Blast's music out it's natural habitat, but that's because I'm a little too maniac.

Also, still can not take Vladimir's Sonic Wraped music out of my head...

8. MainMemory

MainMemory

Kate the Wolf Tech Member
    SonLVL
    Because most of the levels lack the palette space for the green color of the Emerald Shards. It's also somewhat to do with VRAM limitations, it's much easier to fit a 16x16 sprite in VRAM instead of a 16x32 sprite.

The music is entirely up to your preference, I just threw in every song that fit the level tropes that I could get my hands on.

9. rata

rata

Argentina
    I see. I thought emerald's green could be placed where the orange for Tails is and the shatters be a 8x16 sprite... that proves how much I don't know the game:p

10. nineko

nineko

I am the Holy Cat Tech Member
    italy
    Some of Tails' oranges are used for the springs in Sonic 2 and 3, iirc. Not to mention the Sonic 1 levels where the first palette line is even more troublesome. All in all, I like this hack as it is.

11. Clownacy

Clownacy

Tech Member
    Besides, red is about as unnatural and uncommon a colour as you can get, so it sticks out, even in the industrial zones.

EDIT: ...I swear they used to be red.

12. shilz

shilz

getting my daily allowance of vitamin kk
    So this is a map for the first act of "Static Trench Zone", the first zone of Project Trufinish:
    [​IMG]
    (Thanks to MainMemory for his cool web layout generator. really handy.)
    And a new Sonic Pallate (Ignore Puke Hill Zone Pallate)-
    [​IMG]

13. Abyssal Leopard

Abyssal Leopard

Spain
    None
    The layout doesn't look too bad - chunks fit well and there seems to be enough space for Sonic to run. However, you should avoid pitfalls in the first zone in a game, especially when you can't foresee it. If I were you, I'd put pitfalls starting from other zones, and ONLY in places where it would be obvious that the camera wouldn't go any lower. It's a good start, though.

As for the palette, I'm not sure about it - you got the shading right, but I've got the feeling that it's a bit too bright, but that might just be me.

14. Clownacy

Clownacy

Tech Member
    [​IMG]

I wonder what this could be... + - the URL might sound familiar if you've been paying attention to my profile's 'current project' for the past few years  

It's interesting how different S2's title screen is from S1's. For one, it uses plane maps instead of blocks, chunks, and a BG layout. Wound up writing a chunk/block-to-plane-map converter to get WFZ's space chunks in there. Finding SSZ's Death Egg palette was a pain, too, considering it isn't just sitting in the ROM.

15. MarkeyJester

MarkeyJester

Original, No substitute Resident Jester
    Japan
    I thought I'd FINALLY get around to making a splash screen for myself, instead of using the standard "SONIC TEAM PRESENTS" font/screen:

[​IMG]

16. Painto

Painto

Poland
    I thought this may be fun...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2g6MpofCBA
    + - Custom art by DerZocker (used the GTZ art from one of threads here and title screen emblem from TSR)  

17. RetroKoH

RetroKoH

Project Sonic 8x16
    If you want an explanation, I put it in the spoiler tag.
    tl;dr: I did things with art to make 2P mode in Sonic 1 Complete.
    Enough people that I asked wanted a Sonic+Tails mode for Sonic 1 Complete. I then asked myself... what good is that if it's only with Sonic??? So I went ahead and retooled my character sprites so that it'd be possible to put Tails with everyone, including HIMSELF! The only two obstacles were that Tails needs to use another skin color for his fur in the 2P sprite, but thankfully the light skin color is not that far off from his normal shade of orange.

The only other issue is getting rid of the darkest red, but then that's just a matter of nixing that color for ALL player characters. Spring art will alternate from S1 or S2 style based on if 2P Tails is activated or not... that enabled me to utilize that extra color entry, yet keep the color integrity of the game the absolute best I could.

Also note that Amy's palette and art is WIP but I need it to use only 3 pinks in order for her overall image to remain intact. Also Knuckles got messed up while I was working on him... he is supposed to have a 4th red, instead of two greens...

[​IMG]

EDIT: Apologies if the image is a bit... small... BTW yes S1C will have a S1 style Knuckles.

18. Pokepunch

Pokepunch

UK
    A Sonic 2 Hack
    That Knuckles sprite is nice, but if you really want to capture the Sonic 1 style you need to change the way Knux shoes are pointing.

19. Lhancat

Lhancat

TBA
    Posted in the wrong thread. I am so sorry! ;-;

20. Icewarrior

Icewarrior

I'm a member of S.T.A.R.S !!11!!!1!! Member
    Oh my! A megadrive remake of Sonic Triple Trouble finally happening?!

I'm looking forward to it!