don't click here

THE KEN PENDERS CHRONICLES: a man you Ken DePenders on

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by The KKM, Jul 7, 2010.

1. BlackHole

BlackHole

You're going to need MORE than help. Member
    England
    Complaining
    I still maintain he should reintroduce Shard as a reconstruction of the S3K Metal Sonic. It even appeared in Snivley's Origins story, so it's definitely in the universe...

Or heck, make him Metal Sonic 3.0 repurposed from Eggman Nega's original goal. Have him call himself "Sucha Handy And Reliable Droid" to explain his name outside of having a power gem on his chest and there you go.

2. The KKM

The KKM

Welcome to the nExt level Member
    Portugal
    IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog comic books
    Shard only had a tenuous connection with Penders, if that was enough to ban him, no point wishing for any of those other ways.

Also, no point in insisting on forcing Gemerl into his role (actually kinda disrespectful for both characters or whatever)

Rather, no reason why we can't have a different robot with a new name, maybe still a robot Sonic though, with the same personality. That'd be the best way to do it. No Shard no nothing, just Blard.

3. Cyberguy

Cyberguy

I am the Chancellor of Clown Cars! Member
    To be fair, Penders was the man who literally claimed "I OWN EVIL SONIC THE HEDGEHOG AND ROBOTNIK! THEY ARE OFFICIALLY MY PROPERTY! SEGA AND ARCHIE ARE STEALING MY CHARACTERS"

He has a sense of irony and self awareness in the negatives, and I could totally see him flying off the handle if an original character based off a character that he had a minor hand in was created.

4. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Ken's the sort of person who would totally claim that Blonic was a 1000% original character, though. He'll bitch at the slightest drop of a hat.

5. Ch1pper

Ch1pper

Fighting the Battle of Who Could Care Less Member
    Life.
    Like The Dark Brotherhood? :specialed:

6. The KKM

The KKM

Welcome to the nExt level Member
    Portugal
    IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog comic books
    Which is why you don't make it an explicit announcement of it :v: just introduce Blard as is, make him the same character p.much by personality only, and carry on.

7. Pengi

Pengi

In the language of comics, captions are used for narration, not dialogue. How can someone who's been in the industry for decades screw up the basics?

Also, knee... jets?

8. DigitalDuck

DigitalDuck

Arriving four years late. Member
    Lincs, UK
    TurBoa, S1RL
    Oh wow, I can't believe I never noticed that.

That's hilarious.

9. Retroman

Retroman

He looks like he's wearing a purple bra and the shading and drawing is so poor he looks like he has boobs.

Plus, it looks like he's wearing a fishnet below his neck.

10. Lilly

Lilly

United States
    Shang Mu Architect
    That's a fish net texture? I've seen Photoshopped dragons on deviantART with better blended patterns than that. (There are so many ways to design armor around the issue of looking like breasts as well; it's too easy to avert.)

CAN THIS THING GET ANY WORSE AS WE LOOK AT IT MORE CLOSELY

I want to believe so badly that he's actually never traced things and is messing with us. The next page he reveals might just cement that perception.

11. trakker

trakker

The guy that's been warned! Member
    I am going to guess that those are just red light trail lines, he does appear to have a completely unshaded grey box on his back that I would assume is some kinda jet-pack.

12. Tichmall

Tichmall

J.League PK Party, a "penalty kick" minigame.
    But is he releasing a full comic book or is he just posting out-of-context pictures just for fun ? It's like he has been "working" on a single page for months now.

13. Retroman

Retroman

The dialogue doesn't match the face he's making. He's so happy about his man not picking up the ape's on his sensors.

14. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Virtually no two things about this picture match. His entire pose and angle don't match that face or where his eyes are looking.

15. Beltway

Beltway

The most grateful Sonic fan of all time this week Member
    Sega of Darkest Peru
    Artwork and classes
    I genuinely started laughing out loud reading this, because it sounds like something he would unironically and genuinely do. Straight up gospel truth here. :v:

16. Ell678

Ell678

Am I Annoying You? Member
    Barrow, England
    Sonic Incursion
    Everything is wrong, but for us, it's so right.

For the wrong reasons, mind.

17. MartiusR

MartiusR

I really like these days when Ken Penders is publishing something. Not because I like his style though. Because I know, that someone will post it here and it will be commented by many. And that's where the fun (and unlimited amusement) begins :)/>

Although one thing is totally strange for me. I remember (overall) his drawing for Archie's StH. I thought (and still think), that it was pretty decent. I don't understand, why the same drawer is making such abominations (and now I'm writing about everything I've seen so far, not this particular graphic). I don't even know how to call this style - semi-"3D", semi-naturalistic, semi-(give here some word)... Not to mention that publishing single pictures without any connection or regularity seems to be pointless for me.

Oh, I don't know, I'm not an artist. I'm just a guy.

18. Tichmall

Tichmall

J.League PK Party, a "penalty kick" minigame.
    Well, I would say that semi-3D is more something like in the recent Disney movies (not the Pixar ones). This here is not semi-3D. It's full wrongness.

19. Chimera

Chimera

I'm not a furry. Tech Member
    Castlevania prettyness
    I am an artist and I can tell you this "style" of patchwork photoshoppery is something I only do when on a 0 dollar budget making a style frame for a college CLASS ASSIGNMENT. If it still ends up looking trash I either scrap it or draw what doesnt look good. Oh and I tend to not forget what aliasing is.

Also he suffers from ebbing away from his cartoon character restraints and wants to make his characters have "realistic (?)" bodies with quasi-sega faces, which not only is a stupid as shit direction, but makes me think of Ron Lim and the other artists who kept wanting to draw muscles on cartoon characters.

basically has no fucking clue what hes doing. Surprise surprise :U

20. Felik

Felik

I wish I could release a single comic page of subpar quality once every four or so months and have everybody talking about me as well :(