don't click here

Sonic Generations Hacking (and More!)

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Andrew75, Jun 23, 2011.

1. Campbellsonic

Campbellsonic

Thanks for responding, but I do have the stage split into individual pieces. I gave every piece Rigid Bodies initially and changed a couple to Mesh to test it, and left the rest as Convex Hull as it was the default. I quickly discovered that was causing issues, and removed all Rigid Bodies except for a couple which I've tried giving every different shape type, all of which are seemingly ignored.

2. Dude

Dude

Tech Member
    Southbridge, MA
    Random VR/AR trash
    Try opening your hkx file in the havok preview tool and looking at the results.

3. Campbellsonic

Campbellsonic

I hate to say it but I don't really know what I'm looking at. I saved all my revisions of my hkx and they all look exactly the same in the preview; just an untextured version of the stage. Where would I be looking for shape types or rigid bodies? I assume unsolid things appear here too because the majority of the stage doesn't have any Rigid Bodies or Shapes assigned to it and it still appears completely.

EDIT: I got this nasty looking error when I export collision with one shape set to Mesh. Don't know if this has to do with it or if it's just an error to be ignored.

[0xabbafad3] Warning : 'object_2387EC0' - Shape shrinking not supported for mesh shapes. 'Extra Radius' will be 0. Performance may be affected.

4. S0LV0

S0LV0

Sonic Generations Helpdesk Tech Member
    Spagonia
    Abusing SMPS
    The first video of Unleashed Project's additional stages (barring WI1-2, which was technically an experiment at the time) is up. Check it out here:
    http://youtu.be/MJcyPX2SONY

5. Hey guys, just have one question. No matter what mod I use in SonicGMI, I always start out on a completely invisible Modern GHZ, and every single level I pick after that is the exact same thing. I've tried deleting all my files and re-installing the game more than 2 times, and no dice.

6. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    Goddamn at this guy's level: http://board.sonicstadium.org/topic/19064-music-plant-level-showcase/

7. Atendega

Atendega

Lesser Sea Sponge Member
    Comfy couch
    Collecting insults
    Finally! Things were getting a bit stale, but this looks fantastic!

8. Jason

Jason

*Results not lab tested. Member
    There's orange juice all over my keyboard now. I hope your happy, because I'm also developing an inferiority complex...

This guy needs to release this masterpiece, or collaborate with someone to help him finish it, because goddamn this is incredible.

9. Atendega

Atendega

Lesser Sea Sponge Member
    Comfy couch
    Collecting insults
    IT SHOULD BE ADDED TO MELPONTERATIONS! :specialed:
    In all seriousness though, this seems like the kind of thing Melpontro would turn into something fantastic, what with his experience with GIA and object layouts.

10. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Oh hi DLC that was never released for the game how are you today?

Seriously this is like a mental Sonic fandom hardon. This and Dreams Collection? Good week.

And this just blows Melponterations out of the water, at least aesthetically. This is just stunning and it's one of the few level mods released that's not "platforms over endless sky".

11. synchronizer

synchronizer

Of course the perfectionist doesn't finish/release the amazing work.

The level is incredible!

[​IMG]

12. Atendega

Atendega

Lesser Sea Sponge Member
    Comfy couch
    Collecting insults
    I wasn't trying to compare it to Melponterations, really. I'm just saying that Melpontro is experienced with object layouts and has access to Vray, and is known for making quality content. + - Pele is love, Pele is life   I figured he would be a good choice if someone were to put the level in Generations.

13. BlazeHedgehog

BlazeHedgehog

A "Community Enigma"? Oldbie
    I'm actually mad because that Music Plant level never came out.

14. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    He says that he wouldn't mind giving someone who can put it in Generations the source files, so it could still be released.

15. Twilightzoney

Twilightzoney

Tech Member
    Elgin, IL And Hampshire
    Unleashed and Generations Stuff and Custom Works
    Oh right he gave the files to me. I've been working on putting it together since Melpontro said he would but I haven't seen him do anything with it yet. I'm actually working with the guy who made that level to make another level. He's really talented.

The big issue with this level is setting up the materials properly with the shaders since this is honestly built like a real level in mind. So I have to group together things properly. I do plan to finish getting this level into Generations since I didn't want this guy's work to go to waste.
    Its DarioFF's Order since he also wants to see this be finished.

And I also will have to split up meshes to make things work better.

16. BlazeHedgehog

BlazeHedgehog

A "Community Enigma"? Oldbie
    [​IMG]

I am pleased to learn of this. One more thing to look forward to out of the Sonic Generations modding scene. :P

17. Atendega

Atendega

Lesser Sea Sponge Member
    Comfy couch
    Collecting insults
    Glad we've got a talented person working on this.

18. Falk

Falk

Those posts (before bump) were from April :P

Looks rad though. Personally I care more if levels are fun to play rather than awesome to look at, so we'll see. (Not to rain on the parade of course, He's got a great eye for framing/scale/angles)

19. Atendega

Atendega

Lesser Sea Sponge Member
    Comfy couch
    Collecting insults
    I know that, but I personally didn't know about them until TimmiT brought them to our attention. :v:
    I agree that it matters more whether or not the stage is fun, but even if it isn't, it will be interesting to see such a professional looking custom model in Generations. Plus, just based on the screenshots it certainly doesn't look unenjoyable.

20. Chensen

Chensen

Logo Maker Member
    Mar del Plata, Argentina
    Sonic Adventure Remastered
    Hello everyone. I have a question to do you surely know from long time ago, so I would appreciate if any of you could help me.

I am trying to modify, for a project I'm thinking, the story sequence of Generations (like which stage or boss appear first or event it's played, etc.), which implied me also to modify HUB world and stages places in it. About the story files, I discovered by searching through different projects mods files they use .lua files, inside #Sonic.ar00, editable by Notepad++. I already knew, for sure, Green Hill Zone Act 1 it's the only stage which can't be modified in the story sequence. But at same time, I got into a dead end, since I found three .lua files with similar names: StorySequence.lua, StorySequenceDemo.lua and StorySequenceUtility.lua. I opened the first, from STH2006 Project to be specific, and found, near the end, the (new) stages names and each event they play. But in Unleashed Project, for example, the lines are different, though. I haven't searched through the original files, so my questions are; which lines should I replace in original files? Should I edit the other two files, also?

Anyways, thanks for you attention and sorry for being very noob at this, but I do want to learn, at least.