don't click here

An open question to E-122-Psi

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by nineko, Jul 16, 2015.

1. doc eggfan

doc eggfan

Are you pondering what I'm pondering? Wiki Sysop
    ACT
    GreatMegaLD, GreatSC3k, Great SG1k
    I was gonna have a crack at this myself for Sonic 2 LD one of these day, but it was merely going to be a sprite hack. Wouldn't have the faintest idea where to begin to introduce flight/swimming.

2. Felik

Felik

Totally agree. Not that I don't like Sally or Bunnie but I'd rather keep them out of my favorite hacks.

3. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    Splitting them up wouldn't be as grand a technical achievement though, and I thought that's what this was all about.

4. Jeffery Mewtamer

Jeffery Mewtamer

Blind Bookworm Member
    While an Everyone in Sonic 1 would be the Crown Jewel of Sonic 1 Character hacks, wouldn't a series of hacks combining several related characters be worthwhile milestones towards such?

As for other Character hacks:
    How about Sally in Tails's Adventures?

5. E-122-Psi

E-122-Psi

That may be an interesting idea, and slightly more possible since all the MBM exclusive sprites are Nem compressed (the Puyo Puyo art uses some unique compression, otherwise I could at least do a quick Sonic in place of Has Bean hack). I have no idea how to edit the mappings for the game however.

Wouldn't Rotor be more fitting given he is more specifically the tech guy?

6. Jeffery Mewtamer

Jeffery Mewtamer

Blind Bookworm Member
    ^While Rotor is Knothole's resident mechanical genius, I tend to think of Sally as the one that actually uses his gadgets in the field. Plus, Sally already has at least one hack with her playable while I'm not aware of any with Rotor.

That said, Tails's Adventures is my favorite 8-Bit Sonic and the one I would most want to play hacks of, so anywork on that game would catch my attention.

7. E-122-Psi

E-122-Psi

But come on, that waddle animation is perfect for Rotor. XD

Truthfully though, I'd love even more for someone to port Tails Adventure onto the Mega Drive. It's premise felt castrated on the Game Gear.

8. The Game Collector

The Game Collector

Washington State, USA
    Being Ted Narcotic's bass player; working on Kelly Kristjanson's tape archive; collecting video games
    The problem with an everyone in Sonic 1 hack would be that there would always be some forgotten character. Sonic has so many characters now. Unless maybe they were released in packs like "part 1" "part 2" etc. I once had this idea way back in 2008 when I first joined here but Tweaker just laughed and called the idea absurd. Then I saw a fangame called Sonic Mobius that had crappy unanimated sprites and a bit too dark of a theme but my idea executed in a strange way. It focused on comic book characters though.

9. FeliciaVal

FeliciaVal

Spain
    I've been lurking around here from time to time, I'm not gonna get into details as to why I dissapeared from almost everywhere, but if you want to use the source code of my shitty hack I still have it in a folder somewhere. Just ask me via PM if you need it or something. Good luck , everybody.