don't click here

The Supreme Topic of 'Other' Knowledge.

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by McGuirk, Jan 10, 2007.

1. Covarr

Covarr

Sentient Cash Register Member
    Trapped in my own thoughts.
    Two stageplays, a screenplay, and an album
    Yeah, the absurdity of these tweets is really eclipsing the content they were tweeting before.

2. Felik

Felik

I see what you did there.

3. So I'm watching So You Think You Can Dance and I just heard a dope techno remix of Sonic 2's boss theme. Unfortunately by the time I got my phone out to record it, it was over. I'll see if I can find it somewhere. Now I'm listening to Justin Bieber. :| I'll try and get a clip as soon as I can. I think this station has online viewing after an episode airs.

Edit: I'm watching it to get some moves for the ladies :v:. I'm kidding. Dancing is a lot better than injecting drugs or eating three pizzas in one sitting.

4. Twimfy

Twimfy

UK
    Sonic the Comic stuff
    I used to have one of these. Tried painting it blue with warhammer paint...didn't end well.

5. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    I've just noticed something about the Sonic 1 SMS/GG ending...
    [​IMG]
    How is his head supposed to be moving there? It's kind of... pulsating in place without actually tilting. o_O

I guess the shading gave a better illusion of Sonic's head moving up and down on CRT TVs...

By the way, an old version of that background has just been found:
    [​IMG]
    More repetitive decorations, different shadow and more detailed frame bolts.

6. DigitalDuck

DigitalDuck

Arriving four years late. Member
    Lincs, UK
    TurBoa, S1RL
    Isn't he just scrunching his eyes a little?

7. Looking over it I say yes. It may look a tad odd due to the way it was drawn but he's just moving his eye.

8. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    The point is, the top of his head is moving.

9. DigitalDuck

DigitalDuck

Arriving four years late. Member
    Lincs, UK
    TurBoa, S1RL
    Again, isn't it just his eyebrows?

10. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    His eyebrow goes up one pixel while the top of his head seems to go down due to some additional dark shading...

11. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    :ruby:

12. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    [​IMG]

http://www.sonicstadium.org/2015/06/sonic-25th-anniversary-logo-spotted-at-vegas-licensing-expo/

Welp, there it is. The 25th anniversary Sonic logo... amazing how we haven't had anything of worth in the series since the last big anniversary.

13. Jason

Jason

*Results not lab tested. Member
    Makes sense. 25 is the silver anniversary. Still, I almost want Silver's silhouette instead of Sonic's.

14. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed kinda counts. Also Taxman and Stealth's remasters.

15. BlackHole

BlackHole

You're going to need MORE than help. Member
    England
    Complaining
    Come ooon Sonic 3 and Knuckles remaster for 2016...

16. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Oh yea those were after Generations weren't they. Ugh Sonic Boom made me forget due to how awful it was.

17. E-122-Psi

E-122-Psi

That same website with the S1 background found this unused Puyo Puyo stuff in Mean Bean Machine:

[​IMG]

Also says the map pointers for the original 1P vs 2P background are in there too.

The post above the S1 one also mentions some more SA1 voice files, including one of Eggman heckling you if you get the wrong door in Amy's Final Egg.

18. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

So we got a general SEGA nostalgia game, and mobile versions of two of the oldest games. That's all we have to separate us from the dubious (Lost World and S4E2) and the utterly terrible (3 Boom games).

Being a Sonic fan sucks so bad.

19. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    It is becoming really painful. It's like at this point they might as well just bank off nostalgia as that's all that's left.

I wish the Sonic series was treated more like the Kirby series. Just the same game with different levels and one or two different gameplay mechanics. That's all I want. Really that's it. Why is that so hard?

20. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

"Our Life is More than a Side-Effect" Member
    I'd say because Sega are aiming for relevance instead of quality, and in doing so, they fail at both.