don't click here

Sonic Runners announced (Sonic Team/Mobile)

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by 360, Dec 28, 2014.

1. How are you guys getting so many red rings? Am I missing something here?

2. Diablohead

Diablohead

Indie dev Oldbie
    Near London
    games
    When you get to episode 50 it's 5 chapters long and each chapter used to give you 10 red rings + 50 on beating the 50-5 boss, but now it's half that sadly.

With a week or so of saving up and playing now and again you could save a few hundred rings up rather easily.

3. Jason

Jason

*Results not lab tested. Member
    I played an embarrassing amount of the game over the last couple of weeks. The final level boss gave 50 Red Rings each go, plus 10 Red Rings each non-boss section. Staying in high ranks also gives you Red Rings. Add in Red Rings got in levels, and you can gather how much free time I used (and borrowed at work) to get that many. I'm genuinely ashamed of how much time I've sunk into this game. After this event is over, I think I'm done.

+ - On the other hand, Amy destroyed the Death Egg with her hammer, so that was kinda funny.  

4. Linkabel

Linkabel

I got him
    [​IMG]
    Also, courtesy of itsmeEddy from the Stadium, here's the android bug fix apk if someone needs it.
    apk

5. really not fond of the new leveling up system they implemented. I do all of this work to get a high score and the bar moves by like 50 points out of 2100 or so.

6. Diablohead

Diablohead

Indie dev Oldbie
    Near London
    games
    You can still use rings to level up but yeah without earning XP you are paying lots more then before, rather terrible.

If the xp rate was much faster then it currently is sure, but at level 98 earlier after about 8 lives I have 2500xp out of like 190k ...

7. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    Hoping Classic Sonic in this means that whoever at Sonic Team that said he wouldn't be returning has changed their mind. I figure it's probably just a neat little anniversary bonus, but I can dream.

8. Techokami

Techokami

For use only on NTSC Genesis systems Researcher
    HoleNet!
    Sonic Worlds Next
    I am so sad that this game does not run properly on my iPod Touch 5th Gen. This is like, the third newly released game to crash violently on me in anything outside of the main menu.

9. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    Shameless self promotion.

http://www.sonicretro.org/2015/06/sonic-runners-the-retro-review/

It will likely fall on deaf ears anyway. I don't see this game's problems improving, and that's a shame. People are either happily lapping it up (read: so-called "True Sonic Fans" aka sheeps) or don't care enough.

10. I was running the prerelease on iOS 7. It now prompts me to update, which of course I can't do. I'm sure downloading the .ipa and changing the OS req or spoofing iOS version will work. It's not going to run very well though.

11. KingOfBunnies

KingOfBunnies

So, I'm running this on my iPhone 5 with iOS 8. I'm getting no lag at all. Or, I might not be noticing it. The game is pretty fun. I got Classic Sonic too, so, that's fun to have.

12. Jen

Jen

#lapidot Moderator
    England
    Various drawings
    I'm really enjoying this game but sadly, as Gene said in his review, there's a lot wrong with it.

I think the system for unlocking Classic Sonic is stupidly unfair. I've had several spins of that sodding wheel and still not landed on him, or the Death Egg for that matter. It's crazy. And Amy as well - I'm sure my Facebook friends would really appreciate me asking them to join a game they'd have no interest in, right?

It's a seriously fun little game though, I absolutely love the actual gameplay and it doesn't run too badly on my little phone (Galaxy S3 Mini), all things considered. I can't play it for long periods of time though because, as others have said, it overheats my phone something fierce. I was actually afraid to hold it after a while because it was scorching hot. I've never had that problem before with any of my other apps/games; Sonic Dash, of all things, sometimes makes it a bit warm, but not like this.

13. Nova

Nova

I played during the soft launch period and it's safe to say, my enthusiasm for the game ran dry. The core gameplay is fine but the greediness of the roulette after a few days is unbelievable and unlocking things is literally gambling. Not going back to it, especially now that they've added in adverts after runs.

Pass.

EDIT Wait a second, am I the only one to think that having a game that's ad-supported and micro-transaction funded is the worst shit imaginable? I've not seen too many people make this specific complaint but it really irks me.

14. Diablohead

Diablohead

Indie dev Oldbie
    Near London
    games
    are you on 8.3 ? the stutter is game breaking for me.

If full stops are fine frames and underscores are the stutter, it's like this every few seconds:

...................................__...........................................................__..........................................................__

And on those frame drops the physics of a jump or dash change and it's upsetting as someone who has played most of the prerelease time.

15. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

I hate it too, but it's standard practice nowadays. That's why I'm disappointed that this game doesn't work like the ones from SEGA Hardlight; F2P, but as soon as you make any purchase, all of the ads (bar optional ones) are removed.

The Chaotix campaign ran for over two weeks IIRC, and I didn't get a single one of them despite spinning the wheel over 20 or 30 times. I also missed out on the Rappy buddy during the PSO campaign (he's crazy OP), Amitie Amy and a bunch of other limited edition content. It's really frustrating. So far during this event, I've got a Lv4 Cartridge and a bunch of other regular buddies that are of no use to me whatsoever. The really infuriating thing is that even if you did decide to use the microtransactions, you'd still have absolutely no guarantee of getting the Death Egg or Classic Sonic. It's a gamble.

That's my biggest gripe with this game. Even if you pay for it, it's still unfair.

16. Just got the chubby little fucker as well :v:
    Again. it's very unfair how you are supposed to unlock these things.

17. Nova

Nova

How does he look in action? :v: Only seen really far-away or small shots.

18. Running animation is similar to Generations. Most of the trick animations are the same but he does have a few extra ones. Animation through dash rings is also similar. Very nice to have him.

19. Ashura96

Ashura96

HEROIC VERSE Oldbie
    [​IMG]

BAHAHAHAHA...

20. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    You know, I'm tempted to make a small group that's just for Retro people banding together in the game to exploit the social aspect, but I don't want to encourage the continued implementation of this garbage. Sonic Dash had it, but only to the point of, "Hey, associate your account and you get a freebie!" Nothing like "Get 10 friends to join to get a whole new character!" That's some Farmville garbage.

Sometimes I wonder if the person who wrote this script has a brain defect.