don't click here

Sonic Runners announced (Sonic Team/Mobile)

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by 360, Dec 28, 2014.

1. Ashura96

Ashura96

HEROIC VERSE Oldbie

How did you do this? The app requires iOS 8.x

2. RibShark

RibShark

An update was just pushed to the Google Play Store, with the minimal changelog of "bug fix". While I would have hoped they went into more detail, the app is at least no longer crashing on startup for me.

3. So there's an update for Runners on the Google play store. Let's see how this goes.
    EDIT - it works now. Also Charmy the Knuckles is a thing :specialed:

4. Chimera

Chimera

I'm not a furry. Tech Member
    Castlevania prettyness
    whatever it does, it doesn't seem to make it compatable with the Note 3. That or this OS I have is outdated but considering I have Android 5.0 with kernal 3.4.0[etc], and the CANADIAN BOOTLEG worked just fine, I highly doubt that.

EDIT: Charmy the Knuckles? Please explain.

5. RibShark

RibShark

I just got this notification further detailing the changes made:

No mention of the crashing or overheating bugs, but at least they are fixing stuff (and even compensating players!)

6. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    When the game is updating it does that thing where it introduces the characters. They forgot to write a description for Charmy or something so he has Knuckles' character description. Whoops :specialed:/>

Oh, and the Birthday event started. It's funny, two of the three songs used for the special are from Sonic 3 (The Sonic 3 Special stage for the roulette and the Data Select screen for the special stage menu). The level music is Palmtree Panic JP.

And to be fair, they've been fixing a lot of things, but Sega doesn't seem to know how to develop for android very well. It's the shittiest thing about this game that it is so heavily tied to the system version and how it can't be played unless you have a connection, as it means that unlike other games that have a chance of being playable after they're no longer serviced, once Sonic Team says fuck it, unless they release an update that lets you play the game for shits and gigs, that's it, game over.

7. Diablohead

Diablohead

Indie dev Oldbie
    Near London
    games
    The iOS version now runs like shit on iPhone 5, before now it was fully playable with a slightly spotty framerate but after this launch update it will pause and stutter every several seconds, in this time you will drop inputs, phaze through objects and in turn die by easily falling down a pit or not jumping when required) ruining the high level play the game had, top speed is now a death trap with this stutter.

They raised the price of upgrading characters
    They added a really slow and pointless XP system to make character upgrade costs go down as you level them, at level 98 it cost 50% more rings and leveling up was impossible.
    They added video adverts after every round, some videos have hidden X buttons to close them because the software they are using is shit for it.
    They removed (or bugged out?) companions collecting animals in-game, animals can only be grabbed by the player now.
    Red ring rewards after each chapter have been halfed, 5 instead of 10 and so forth.
    They changed how many red rings you get for spending money, the default is lower but the bonus on first time buying is higher.

Overall they shat on what was a good freemium game which I played nearly every day, now I really don't feel like returning while the game has unplayable stutter and a heavier grind.

8. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    They halved the red ring rewards? That's odd I still seem to be getting 10 rings. Although thankfully unlike my last playthrough I actually unlocked the red ring battleship this time. Game works fine on the iPhone 5s at least.

I would happily take a "$5 and never see an ad again" purchase though.

9. So far so good. I do have one problem so far and that's with the Special Stage. Who in their right mind thought shoving a whole bunch of shit in the background along with confetti effects plus all those large cakes bouncing around, wasn't going to cause insane lag?

10. Diablohead

Diablohead

Indie dev Oldbie
    Near London
    games
    I think the 5 is borderline in terms of gaming now but it still has grunt, the stutter is weird because it was never there before and it completely stops touch screen inputs. I worry that it will never be fixed because no one on the store has left feedback about stutter and I can't just afford to get a new iphone for hundreds of quid.

The ring rewards might just be for level 50 but they are 5 instead of 10 and it's upsetting to see.

Oh and another thing to add is they moved the buddy swap button to the right side of the distance bar, so you can't use two hands to play the game any longer... makes swapping out characters near pointless now.

11. Jimmy Hedgehog

Jimmy Hedgehog

England - Slough
    Getting the motivation to continue old projects
    I may just be being dumb, but how is it you get to the Special Stage anyway? Knowing me I'm just missing a button somewhere :v: Nevermind, found it and now I feel dumb :specialed:

12. It's the big fat button that says "Happy Birthday Sonic" right under the stage map? :v:

13. Jimmy Hedgehog

Jimmy Hedgehog

England - Slough
    Getting the motivation to continue old projects
    Yeah I noticed now, for some reason I thought that'd just open up the notification again.

14. Diablohead

Diablohead

Indie dev Oldbie
    Near London
    games
    Classic sonic is 150% distance bonus? boo.

15. Bah. That should be 300%.
    Also I recently leveled up and got nothing. Currently the next time I level I will also get nothing. Is anyone else experiencing this?
    EDIT - Never mind looking at things wrong :v:

16. Diablohead

Diablohead

Indie dev Oldbie
    Near London
    games
    The stutter on the birthday stage is worse then before X_X I died at the start of the first speed change because of a dropped input.

so bad, so sad.

Sonic 3 & Knuckles cart is legit though, you start the run with a combo value 300 and up depending on level.

a line from the epic sonic party story: "Sorry rouge, I guess we could have come a little quicker"

17. So I got the Death Egg. You know what doesn't help with lag? Having more objects or having very large objects on screen. The death egg takes roughly a third of that. Enjoy the Special Stage! :specialed:

18. Jason

Jason

*Results not lab tested. Member
    13 spins worth of Red Rings. I maxed out Sonic 1 & Knuckles so much that I got Special Eggs instead of new companions. 12th spin, I finally get Classic Sonic, and not once did I get the Death Egg. 650 Red Rings of grinding, and that wasn't enough to get everything. Roulette wheels suck.

19. Diablohead

Diablohead

Indie dev Oldbie
    Near London
    games
    I only got a level 2 S3&K companion with my 350 red rings, though TBH I'm not fussed about classic sonic since his buff is terrible.

20. Lyrica

Lyrica

(Formerly: Donnyku) Oldbie
    Pennsylvania
    Wedding Planning
    first spin and I got Classic Sonic :D