don't click here

Sonic Robo Blast 2 v2.2 Launches

Discussion in 'Fangaming Discussion' started by Shadow Hog, Mar 15, 2014.

1. Blivsey

Blivsey

Charismatic Sonicaholic Member
    Guess you guys need to find a new injoke now, huh?

2. Sappharad

Sappharad

Oldbie
    Is this another feature where it won't be properly supported in the OpenGL renderer? Or is that supported as well?

It's nice of you to continue to support the same hardware that could run the game 15 years ago, but it's also nice to see it run efficiently at higher resolutions as well.

3. rata

rata

Argentina
    Trying to be useful somehow.
    May I ask a question? Why was Sonic Robo Blast made on Doom engine having Build engine? For the games I played (Doom -not much actually-, Blood and Duke Nukem 3D), Build looks better than Doom's one, not in graphics since they are equal in there, but in possibilities (for example, slopes), and it also is open source from some years ago. It was also improved to use 3D models instead of sprites and high resolution (Duke Nukem 3D High Resolution Pack).
    PD: I don't know if Doom allows it, but Duke Nukem 3D and Blood have support for 3D red/blue rendering.

4. Billy

Billy

RIP Oderus Urungus Member
    Colorado, USA
    Indie games
    Build engine modding has never seen quite as much activity as Doom modding, even after the source code release of the Build engine. Plus, SRB2 isn't just based on "the Doom engine", but is based on a port of Doom called Doom Legacy, which at the time was the only port to support true "floor over floor", which, from what I understand, was much more important to the developers starting out than things like slopes.

5. Blivsey

Blivsey

Took the opportunity to play through 2.1 with my brother. Still as good a game as I remember it :v:/>

Also played Mystic Realm. I forgot how short the levels are in that pack (especially when you glide through them as Knuckles).

6. Andrew75

Andrew75

Technical Artist Member
    Project AXSX(Sonic Xtreme) + Misc Projects
    Nice to see some slope blocks in SRB2. Hey Can you import models ?

7. BlazeHedgehog

BlazeHedgehog

A "Community Enigma"? Oldbie
    I haven't played The Mystic Realm in ages and ages but I remember its levels feeling proportionally huge. When Egg Rock Zone was first added to SRB2, I remember thinking, "This feels like a Mystic Realm level."

8. Falk

Falk

Loops

(for a while (?))

9. winterhell

winterhell

It hits the fan given that for and while are loops in most programming languages including the one used here

10. DigitalDuck

DigitalDuck

Arriving four years late. Member
    Lincs, UK
    TurBoa, S1RL
    I miss repeat ... until

Never gets any love.

11. Blivsey

Blivsey

I might be biased considering I just spent a few days 100%ing Sonic Heroes, but clearing a level in less than 1-2 minutes leaves a little to be desired sometimes, even if it's because Knuckles is great.

12. Lilly

Lilly

United States
    Shang Mu Architect
    I was excited enough when you guys mentioned there would be analog controller support for online-mode. Now if I could just get myself to port Hinote to 2.1, because I don't think Alice is going to anytime soon, which sucks because I can't enjoy 2.1 at all without Hinote. I use Hinote so much, the game might as well be called Super Hinote Blast or something. Is that ridiculously sad?

Actually, SRB2 was in development before Sonic Adventure's release; that's how old it is. Lord knows it might remain the only complete 3D Sonic fan game in existence to boot. *runs from brickzkrieg*

13. Glaber

Glaber

Has Beaten Sonic Genesis for GBA Oldbie
    It's not complete yet, but it's still more complete than any other 3d Sonic Fangame I ever saw.

14. Shadow Hog

Shadow Hog

"I'm a superdog!" Member
    Build Engine didn't go open source until 2000.
    Doom went open source in 1997.
    SRB2 started development around 1998.

That's why.

15. rata

rata

Argentina
    Trying to be useful somehow.
    Well, thanks for the info. That clears it up in my mind a lot.

16. Chris Highwind

Chris Highwind

Statesville, NC
    Slacking
    Played a bit of Sonic Robo Blast 2 using the Greeneyes wad (which makes the game so much more fun with his Homing Attack), and yet again I can't bring myself to finish Deep Sea Zone. That zone always zaps my motivation to continue for some reason.

17. Willie

Willie

Each day the world turns Laugh 'til it all burns Member
    I don't understand why so many people dislike Deep Sea Zone. I really like that zone, but I also love the zone Labyrinth Zone from Sonic 1, so w/e.

18. Billy

Billy

RIP Oderus Urungus Member
    Colorado, USA
    Indie games
    If Deep Sea Zone is your falling off point, try playing as Tails.

19. MotorRoach

MotorRoach

20. Atendega

Atendega

Lesser Sea Sponge Member
    Comfy couch
    Collecting insults
    I had no idea people didn't like Deep Sea Zone. I loved it! I'm going to miss it when it's replaced :(