don't click here

Sonic Boom (Games) Megathread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, Oct 2, 2013.

1. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

620k is the combined number of sales from both version. If it was an even split (and it's not, since we can almost guarantee the 3DS one sold more) then it's 310k per version.

2. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    That's higher than I expected, I feel bad for all of the kids who had to put up with either of the two games.

3. Cyberguy

Cyberguy

I am the Chancellor of Clown Cars! Member
    I wonder how many of those numbers are people who bought it for the lulz after seeing what a glitchy mess it was....

4. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    Realistically, probably not that many. Remember that Sonic's primary audience is kids. Most of the people who bought the game probably didn't know how bad it was beforehand.

5. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    My friend bought it for the lulz. Then she gave it to me for my birthday so I could destroy it.

And destroyed it was.

6. RenyNoise

RenyNoise

Literally Swimming in Privilege Banned
    Soccer moms were probably purchasing the garbage. I remember when I put Shadow the Hedgehog on my X-Mas lists, like a dumbass.

7. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Shadow was an okay and PLAYABLE game compared to this glitched crap. I don't regret the 3 miles I walked for it because I got off at the wrong bus stop.

8. Beltway

Beltway

The most grateful Sonic fan of all time this week Member
    Sega of Darkest Peru
    Artwork and classes
    It doesn't really take much to be better than Rise of Lyric, though; even if you excuse Shadow's own level of crappiness that was going on with its input. :v

9. Felik

Felik

She still gave SEGA money

10. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    It was pre-owned.

Bases were covered.

11. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    At least Shadow has music, and pretty good music at that. :v:

12. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Ya I'm not going to lie. Part of me wants to get this game used so I can see just how shitty it really is first hand. Kind of why I want to rebuy Sonic 06, but the problem there is that it's still $20 for no good reason.

In light of that ex Rare project being such a success on Kickstarter, I wish that Retro could team up with Sega on a kickstarter to make our dream Sonic game.

13. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    It'd never get finished and you know it. :v:

14. Really? A Kickstarter? Are people that desperate now?

15. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    If it means more creative control over a project for a company that seems to suck with money, then yes, I am that desperate. I would pay them to have the opportunity to be the creative director of a Sonic game so it would come out the way I want it to be if I had the money.

16. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    I did that recently. My 360 is elsewhere for the time being, and I kinda wanted the PS3 version anyway to compare, so I went for it. I don't regret it, but I'm one of those who doesn't completely hate it. I even had new experiences with this one. There's a scripted sequence in Tails' Wave Ocean that flat out doesn't work right in the PS3 version. They switched the L and R buttons around, and fixed a few cutscenes where there was a ton of lag. I glitched through the door at the end of Silver's Dusty Desert for the first time (yeah, I guess I've somehow been putting up with that shit for eight years now).

Something I've learned over the years is that bad games can still deliver interesting or even fun experiences. Maybe I'm just really patient, but there are definitely parts of both '06 and Boom that I enjoy, as well as other games that are widely disliked (I really dig Zelda II's battle system, for example; the game's just hard as shit). I haven't really played Boom since it came out though, as Smash has pretty much taken up permanent residence in the Wii U. Glad I got Mario Kart 8 off the eShop.

I wonder if we're going to see any more Boom games, and I wonder who's going to make them?

17. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    It'll be a collaborative effort between Dimps, Big Red Button, and Travelers' Tales

Sonic Boom Rush Blast.

18. Tiller

Tiller

HDK & World Runner
    A Kickstarter from a publisher is mostly unheard of and probably would incite more backlash than anything. After Boom's PR disaster, Sega of America are probably on a tight leash with any plans they had for the franchise anyway.

Now if you had a lot of ex-Sonic Team guys from the classic days and managed to get them under one roof then you'd probably get somewhere.

19. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

"Our Life is More than a Side-Effect" Member
    Probably would never happen. Naka at the very least seems absolutely uninterested in ever being involved in the series in any major degree, and the other original Sonic Team seems to be pretty over it as well.

20. The KKM

The KKM

Welcome to the nExt level Member
    Portugal
    IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog comic books
    According to Naganuma, SEGA doesn't work with people who left the company.