don't click here

Sonic Generations Hacking (and More!)

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Andrew75, Jun 23, 2011.

1. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Yeah, that's not going to happen.

Also, there's no need for the Spanish translation on every post, we're an English-speaking community. :)

2. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRuo0bALgmo

So this is a thing that started development.

3. Twilightzoney

Twilightzoney

Tech Member
    Elgin, IL And Hampshire
    Unleashed and Generations Stuff and Custom Works
    Don't look into it too much. I just did it for fun.

4. Lanzer

Lanzer

Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Well, might as well see how far you can go before you hit that brick wall.

5. Retroman

Retroman

Nice. The camera bits would take some work to get right though. Pretty awesome.

6. S0LV0

S0LV0

Sonic Generations Helpdesk Tech Member
    Spagonia
    Abusing SMPS
    'S a shame this topic is dying out, but between Unleashed Project and other things, I'll probably be keeping it zombie-fied for a while. Speaking of which, here's a thing I'm working on for undisclosed reasons. :p

7. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    I wonder if the filename is any indication of what it could be for. :v:

8. S0LV0

S0LV0

Spagonia
    Abusing SMPS
    n-not at all

what are you talking about

9. Infiniti

Infiniti

↑ & ↓ & ↻ Member
    UK
    Oh I can tell I'm not awake yet. I listened to the first few seconds of the track and my instant thought was the music from Kingpin:Life of Crime.

10. Lanzer

Lanzer

Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Yeah its a shame, The 3 major projects have all gone silent (The Unleashed Project, Melpontroations, Sonic Adventure Generations) and everyone else seems to have canceled their little projects.

JoeTE has been making some cool stuff though, I like his Metal Sonic replacement mod.

11. Jason

Jason

*Results not lab tested. Member
    TBH, I'm still waiting on the new SGLvl build to get back into this. I've been making the odd modeling adjustments to Titanic Timber in 3DSMax, and fixed a few of the design quirks up a while back, but never released it. It's still pretty cool to see the level pop up in the search results every couple of months with new people trying it out, though.

12. JansenM

JansenM

Devon, UK
    Generations mods
    A few new things have been in the making on this end, to varying degrees. I, too, am waiting for the new GLvl before I completely get back into the scene so I can get used to the new workflow and have a better time with object placement.
    + - Could do with some omni support real soon, too.  

13. Lanzer

Lanzer

Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    And just what is going on with the new SGLvl build exactly? whats the hold up with that?

14. S0LV0

S0LV0

Spagonia
    Abusing SMPS
    Keep in mind, I'm the only one currently working on keeping Unleashed Project going, and I've kept it comparatively quiet compared to its first release, because a lot of the novelty has passed. That doesn't discourage me, as I'm sure a vast audience will still enjoy getting to play all of Unleashed's stages in a more fine-tuned engine, but without the initial wow factor, there's no real reason for said audience to hold interest in the development process of more levels.

And, for what it's worth, I'm not waiting on the new Glvl; I'm working as often as I can on this project. Be excited. :v:

15. Dario FF

Dario FF

Tech Support Hotline Tech Member
    I'm finding myself in a situation due to my new job that I'm trying to stay away a bit from programming on my free time considering it's also what I'm currently studying as my career at the moment. I think it's time I just open source what's there. It's not depression (on the contrary since I've wanted to be able to do this for a living for years now), but it's just not a very healthy routine. :v:

What is already there is actually usable to a certain degree though, but I think an important improvement to do first would be to re-do the UI with something better like Qt instead of WinAPI.

If you think finally open-sourcing it will let you progress further let me know and I'll do the work it needs to be put in a repository.

16. Wipeout2097

Wipeout2097

like something
    Okay, now we NEED a mod to turn almost everything into a bloodred color.

17. The red color isn't intentional. I don't know the specifics behind it but it has something to do with the waterfalls and foliage.

18. Wipeout2097

Wipeout2097

like something
    I realize that, I'm just saying that it would be wonderful to have a Sonic Gen. gore mod. Blood instead of water, Sonic actually bleeds when he gets hit or when he lands on spikes, enemy attacks actually look like bullets, etc.

I could see that being highly controversial, however.

19. Harmony Friends

Harmony Friends

it's the whole gang Oldbie
    Sorry - it's mostly my fault that Melponterations hasn't been a thing for a while. I've just been way too busy making an actual video game to do the level design needed. Running out of money is a great way to force you to get your priorities straight. I really want to make the rest of it once I actually have a reasonable level of financial stability though.

20. Paraxade

Paraxade

It's nothing to do with waterfalls or foliage. It's just what the game does when a material has an invalid shader assigned.