don't click here

SEGA 3D Classics Coming to 3DS

Discussion in 'General Sega Discussion' started by RGamer2009, Jul 18, 2013.

1. Sploit

Sploit

Does anyone lnow how to beat the 6th alien thing that follows you?

The 6th part of the very final boss is what I am talking about...

...he is a little bastard, follows you wherever you go and is faster too...absolutely brutal. :(

I read that you can make him run into his own trail but I can not pull this off. :(

2. AngelComa

AngelComa

Site Staff
    You have to make him follow you in a circle pattern and when you are doing the circle and going up, you can drop twin bombs on him and it should kill him.

Its hard to explain. The blue thing he leaves behind doesn't kill you, its just a wall, so make him chase you in a circle so he is behind you and when you go up and he is beneath you; you unleash the bombs.

Explained the same thing twice.

3. Sploit

Sploit

I knew about avoiding him and the walls not being dangerous, it was just that he kept outrunning me...

...upgraded to fastest engine and then used 7 shot weapon on him to destroy him.

Still took some doing, but I got it.

Thanks for the help though, might try fighting him again using bombs.

Got 1million coins now too, gonna go for the 2mill and 3mill over the weekend, so that I can get all the unlocks.

The series has been handled so well, but this latest release even takes things up a notch further as there are more unlockables etc.

Can't wait for the next one, long live the 3D Classics series - it is excellent.

4. 3D Out Run will be released on March 12!

http://segabits.com/blog/2015/03/04/official-nintendo-listing-reveals-3d-outrun-release-date/

5. FlashTHD

FlashTHD

Oldbie
    http://blogs.sega.com/2015/03/05/sega-3d-classics-3d-out-run-part-1/

M2.jpg

6. Retroman

Retroman

Would be cool if they ported Sonic Adventure and Adventure 2 to the 3DS. They have to fix the camera issue, texture issues, and all/any game-breaking bugs.

7. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    So they're doubling the frame rate by calculating where each sprite would be in the middle of two frames?

I'm surprised to see them take that kind of one-thing-at-a-time approach, after what Reassembler was able to do with CannonBall, by disassembling the game...

8. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    While they're at it they can give everyone who buys it £1 million and a pony. Because what you're asking is about as realistic. =P

9. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    I hope everyone's been too busy playing 3D OutRun to post about it. It's the best version of OutRun ever made. I had high expectations for this release and I'm still very impressed with it. Head over heels with how good it is, if you can only get one 3D Classic, make it this one.

10. I was actually waiting on some opinions of it. What you've mentioned sounds good, but I haven't picked up my 3DS in absolutely ages, so what the hey.

11. Xilla

Xilla

Absolutely love it, the 2 new music tracks fit in perfectly in my opinion. Check out the credits for some amusement too!

Would be nice if they did Turbo OutRun too, although I think Power Drift would benefit greatly from the 3D treatment, and it's never had an arcade-perfect port released outside of Japan (come to think of it, TO has never had an arcade-perfect port at all.

Just noticed several of the titles are 50% off, in the UK eShop at least.

12. Ashura96

Ashura96

HEROIC VERSE Oldbie

This. Oh man my 3DS has seen a lot of playtime now.

13. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    I just got 3D Galaxy Force II and wow, the 3D looks amazing on this one.

I might not have been paying enough attention, but I wasn't able to tell a difference in the music when activating the "extra BGM" button... What does it do exactly?

14. AngelComa

AngelComa

Site Staff
    I did do a 3D Outrun review here: http://segabits.com/blog/2015/03/12/review-3d-out-run-nintendo-3ds/

Plot spoiler: Its good, buy it.

15. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    One of the stages (3?) has an added intro to its song that doesn't play unless you use it, based I think on the arrangements used in SST Band performances.

16. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Oh right, that seems to be it! Also, some tracks have their order changed in the sound test, for some reason.

Having played all but three of the 3D classics now, I'm a bit disappointed to see the Mega Drive games feel less polished than the much more complicated arcade games. I've seen some slowdown with frameskipping in Shinobi III, some places where you wonder why they didn't bother adding a 3D layer in Streets of Rage and OH GOD the sound emulation makes some instruments in Ecco sound awful (perhaps the emulation itself is good, but outputs at a lower rate than it should?).

It's a shame that they're not the definitive versions of these MD games, but they're still the best rereleases they've had, so they're worth getting if you liked the originals... Maybe the next DS/Game Boy/whatever will be able to handle good sound and no slowdowns. =|

The arcade gams are just awesome.

17. Vangar

Vangar

So fantasy zone never came out on the Australian store... :'(

EDIT: I did just see this... http://www.vooks.net/3d-fantasy-zone-finally-classified-in-australia/

18. AnimatedAF

AnimatedAF

19. LordOfSquad

LordOfSquad

bobs over baghdad Member
    Winnipeg, MB
    making cool music no one gives a shit about
  20. Good on Sega for continuing to commission these. I'll continue to support these.

I am kind of curious what they will do for Sonic 2. Taxman and Stealth kind of raised the bar incredibly high there. 3D should be nice, though.