don't click here

General Project Screenshot/Video Thread

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Tweaker, Jun 26, 2008.

1. Devon

Devon

Down you're going... down you're going... Tech Member
    your mom
    I have someone working on the remixes. As for the tile sets, I'll add that later.

2. McAleeCh

McAleeCh

Oldbie
    Looking good so far - can't wait to hear the music remixes and see some of the other zones. When you get around to doing tilesets, GHZ Good Future should definitely use the different flowers from the "all Chaos Emeralds" ending sequence! = )

3. MarkeyJester

MarkeyJester

Original, No substitute Resident Jester
    Japan
    Alright yar old bags, tis my turn...

[​IMG]

Give me a pocket watch, and three mugs of coffee a day.

4. MotorRoach

MotorRoach

All of my yes.

5. While you're at it, you should base the Past tilesets on beta Sonic 1 screenshots for significantly different levels, like Green Hill, Spring Yard, and Labyrinth.

6. AURORA☆FIELDS

AURORA☆FIELDS

The cute one here Tech Member
    Finland
    AMPS
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wN1VS_9NIc&feature=youtu.be

Something I am working on currently. The video doesn't show a lot and exactly because I don't want to give big spoilers out as of now, but I thought I'd make something at least half-watchable(?).

7. LuigiXHero

LuigiXHero

Sonic 1 Character Pak
    I have been a trail member for a while now. But I was a little scared to post anything for a while.

Anyway I decided this is worth it:

[​IMG]

I recentally learned how to use custom art, So now I can finally make my hack shine. The art above is just a test import. Flamewing reduced the colors for me I just have not got that to import correctly yet.
    Also Some of you might know about this but I made a custom set of samples that is to replace soneko set.
    [youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bE4xaV4SYmw[/youtube]
    But now I finally added a download link here.

I soon plan on making a replacement for the S3K set using this as a base.

Anyway C&C as always.

Edit: Oops that link was suppose to be a youtube video showing the custom drums.

8. Spanner

Spanner

The Tool Member
    More stuff with those blue balls.
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=py6ySA1TQN4[/youtube]

9. Retroman

Retroman

I just got a really awesome idea with this. A soccer-game platforming hack where Sonic controls a soccer ball and his goal is to get it to the goalpost without the ball getting into bottomless pits! The ball can kill enemies and make Sonic use the homing dash on the ball! When sonic gets into the goalpost, he can do a soccer pose and have a crowd sound!

And a multiplayer hack where two players or even 4 with custom skins play football with two goal posts. Though Sonic 1 has no multiplayer until Sonic 2.

Even better, boss battles with Eggman wearing a sports shirt playing Soccer with a machine. Scoring 3 goals defeats the boss and makes the machine explode!

Call it Sonic Manchester/Sonic Football

10. Hitaxas

Hitaxas

Retro 80's themed Twitch streamer ( on hiatus) Member
    YOU'LL HAVE A BALL AT THE TESTICLE FESTIVAL!

Ahem... in all seriousness though, this is pretty neat. Wonder where you will take it from there.

11. Beltway

Beltway

The most grateful Sonic fan of all time this week Member
    Sega of Darkest Peru
    Artwork and classes
    So the general gist is that you are making Sonic 1 - CD Edition? Looks good nonetheless.

Have a question-is this version of Sonic 1 running on Sega CD, or is it running on the Genesis? If its the latter than I am truly impressed.

12. Devon

Devon

Down you're going... down you're going... Tech Member
    your mom
    It is running on the MegaDrive. However, I'm working on other thing, so do not expect updates for a while.

13. MainMemory

MainMemory

Kate the Wolf Tech Member
    SonLVL
    I don't see why running on a Megadrive makes it more impressive. It's not like the MCD has special hardware to facilitate games with time travel elements. In fact, the MCD would likely be harder to do it on.

14. Beltway

Beltway

The most grateful Sonic fan of all time this week Member
    Sega of Darkest Peru
    Artwork and classes
    I've always thought Sonic CD's use of multiple level layouts for its acts (two/four level layouts per act, each with their own artwork and music) would had required more data or power than the Genesis or its cartridges could handle. Then again I'm no tech member so you can chalk up my impressions to general lack of knowledge if this is not the case.

15. Fred

Fred

Taking a break Oldbie
    Portugal
    Sonic 3 Unlocked
    It needs more data because every level is essentially its own little game, but that's the Mega CD showing off one of its weaknesses (small amount of program RAM), not one of its strong suits.

16. steveswede

steveswede

Ask my hand
    Fighting against the Unitary State of Europe
    You know if you can get the time jump to happen in an instant I would be extremely impressed, load times going between time zones really breaks the pacing for me.

17. DigitalDuck

DigitalDuck

Arriving four years late. Member
    Lincs, UK
    TurBoa, S1RL
    Another weakness of the Mega CD.

Changing layouts instantly should be doable on the Mega Drive. I say "instantly", the screen needs to flash white or something for about 1/4 of a second to hide in-progress changes, but using a modified S3K loader should allow you to do it (after all, it's not much different from what Ice Cap Zone does).

18. Fred

Fred

Taking a break Oldbie
    Portugal
    Sonic 3 Unlocked
    A bit different, though, S3K has the benefit of doing all of its art changes in a very controlled environment; any overwriting is done off-screen so you can't see the game furiously trying to decompress all the new stuff into place. Despite this, you can still see garbled stuff in some situations, like Knuckles going from LBZ1 to LBZ2.

19. DigitalDuck

DigitalDuck

Arriving four years late. Member
    Lincs, UK
    TurBoa, S1RL
    Which is why you'll need the white flash...

20. Clownacy

Clownacy

Tech Member
    Apparently, an SCD dev wanted it that way. Instant transition, obscured by a flash, all that. He concluded that Naka would have been able to do it.