don't click here

Sonic Runners announced (Sonic Team/Mobile)

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by 360, Dec 28, 2014.

1. Dissident

Dissident

Sami Member
    What is it with Sonic Team games shitting the bed on themselves after the first few levels Lately

2. Diablohead

Diablohead

Indie dev Oldbie
    Near London
    games
    Does the android version respond to an external controller at all? wondering if it would work with my ouya.

3. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Fuck. I've at the 20 hit Eggman fights now and they're absolute bullshit. Way more obstacles now than in any of previous encounters with unpredictable pattern, so don't even waste your time considering using power/flight characters. And they expect you to defeat him in one attempt to get one of 10 special eggs required to spin a roulette with slightly better odds? Yeah, no.

4. Well then. The game went from a good thing to just piss. GG guys. I'm not gonna spend money to buy red star rings to try to get eggs because the Eggman bosses are bullshit.

5. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

I had every intention of spending up to £10 on this game, cause that's what I thought it was worth. Now that I've actually mae some progress in it... not a chance. It's still fun, but what I'll get for my money (a few roulette spins) is totally not worth it.

6. Diablohead

Diablohead

Indie dev Oldbie
    Near London
    games
    the game hands out red rings a hell of a lot faster then most other freemium games give their gems and shit out, I've easily span the roulette 20 times without paying anything.

The bosses just become a mess, you can work out a pattern but then eggman throws random springs into the mix and it's a game of lucky guess, I can just about bare it but I've given up earning another chao egg any time soon.

7. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    There are only 3 instances where I would ever spend money on this game:

1. No waiting between lives
    2. Level select (fuck you random levels)
    3. Metal Sonic

The end. Also a real patch is coming to this game soon along with the next maintenance update. Hopefully it cuts down on some of the bullshit. I'll give this game credit where credit is due though, for a free to play game that's meant to make Sega money, it's actually pretty fun. The bullshit just seems to come with the territory, but it's probably the best non-remake/port Sonic to date.

8. What's with Metal Sonic?

9. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    idk I just like Metal Sonic and would like to play as him, even if he is just a Sonic skin. Don't see what's wrong with that :colbert:

10. Ah. I thought you meant that he was some unlockable that you had to pay for but because it was Metal Sonic you didn't mind :v:

11. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Oh at this point I have no idea how Metal Sonic would be unlocked, files just indicate that he should be playable at some point I think. I doubt they would out right make you pay for a character since that goes against freemium nature. it would be "Oh you can get him in game by playing for 20 hours to get something nearly impossible, or you could pay to make it easier for you :specialed:"

12. Fantastic

Fantastic

Born on an island, in the heavens. Member
    I'm still waiting for Big. I'd pay a lot of money to play as Big in Runners, even if he will probably just end up being a Knuckles clone like Vector.

13. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    I'm guessing all extra characters will either be "available" like the Chaotix, or maybe even given out on special occasions like Daah did it.

I just want Metal and Big

14. Neowl

Neowl

feels good man Member
    London, England
    SAIL HATAN
    The update is out, and makes the game unplayable if you're not from the test regions (people who installed the .apk) as it asks to update via Google Play, rather than updating in-game as previously done.

So yeah, it looks like a lot of us are going to have to wait for an updated .apk file for now.

15. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Is that only an android thing? I updated the game on my iPhone and it still works fine.

16. Nova

Nova

Well that's shit - is there no way to bypass the update and just keep the older version for now?

I'm guessing not, what with all the server authentication this game has and such.

17. Neowl

Neowl

feels good man Member
    London, England
    SAIL HATAN
    Apparently so.

I've found out via a user of TSS forums that Android users can update using the following method:

Firstly, you'll need to allow installation of .apk files on your device (if you haven't already done so).

Then, go to http://apk.qoo-app.com to download and install the Japanese QooApp store

Onece you do, you'll be shown with the following screen:

[​IMG]

Tap the highlighted part to be brought to this screen:

[​IMG]

Again, tap the highlighted. This will promt you to log in with the Google credentials associated with your device. Then return to the first screen and use the top bar to search for the game (it recognises English fine), hopefully you should come to a screen similar to this:

[​IMG]

Tap the highlighted once more (it should be a light Aqua colour for you) and the app should begin to download. Wait, and and an update prompt similar to the .apk installation window should appear. Follow that through and the game should update.

I can confirm this methodworked on my 2013 Nexus 7.

Edit: I found the updated .apk file for the game in the QooApp folder in my device's filesystem, and have uploaded it here.

18. Dissident

Dissident

Sami Member
    Yeah if it had kept up the good pacing from the beginning I would have splurged some cash but as it is I just don't care anymore.

19. Much obliged Neowl. :)

20. Diablohead

Diablohead

Indie dev Oldbie
    Near London
    games
    Update on iOS, nothing noticible has changed, still bullshit bosses and all that.

I did manage to unlock vector this morning, I think the power characters could be good if their initial jump was a little higher, trying to gain height after using sonic for so long is really annoying with a power character.

Speed is still top tier.