don't click here

General Project Screenshot/Video Thread

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Tweaker, Jun 26, 2008.

1. MarkeyJester

MarkeyJester

Original, No substitute Resident Jester
    Japan
    ...& Knuckles?

C'mon!! You know it makes sense, it does have knuckles in after all!

2. JoenickROS

JoenickROS

Sonic 2: Return of Shadow
    Alright, well I posted this on SSRG a while back, but anyway this is a gif of a move I coded for Sonic, for my current project. Inspired by Sonic Battle and Sonic Boom.
    http://I.imgur.com/5l5OwNU.gifv
    Edit: C&C welcome, oh and a bonus.
    [​IMG]
    Some of you have probably been dreading this lol. Sprites from the Mystical Forest Zone.

3. MotorRoach

MotorRoach

I don't know what's going on in there, but it looks pretty cool.

As for Shadow, while his addition is nice... I have to say this, the sprites you chose are one of the most cringe worthy Shadow sprite designs I remember seeing. The shading is just so everywhere and the contrast for his skin shading is really low. I highly suggest you use something that looks more in style with Genesis while still looking like Shadow, such as this sheet.

4. JoenickROS

JoenickROS

Ha, yeah I use most of those ones you linked, this was the only sprite I could find that would work for him shooting his gun, I tried to patch them up, but with no luck. So don't worry I didn't use all the sprites from that not so genesis style Shadow sprite sheet. Don't like that sprite myself, but I couldn't find anything else, that would work.

5. Billy

Billy

RIP Oderus Urungus Member
    Colorado, USA
    Indie games
    Well, let me throw in one of my pet peeves. You understood what game was being referred to, right? Then why does it matter?

6. MotorRoach

MotorRoach

Just because the sheet lacks Shadow holding a gun, you know you could just... like... you know, edit it yourself? It's not that hard.

7. Cinossu

Cinossu

Administrator
    London, UK
    Sonic the Hedgehog Extended Edition
    Nor is programming the use of a gun in the game itself that hard. Of course, that's for those that know ASM, just as editing a sprite isn't hard for those that know how to do it. :v:

That said, why not use a combination of the two? Find a good Shadow MD sprite that you do like and want to use, and then just patch on the bits of the other (gun use, etc.) on to existing sprites in the sheet you do.

8. Ravenfreak

Ravenfreak

2 Edgy 4 U Tech Member
    O'Fallon Mo
    Sonic 1 Game Gear Disassembly
    I'm not a huge fan of the HUD. I mean the Rings text and Time text looks fine, but the Score text looks funky... It sort of hurts my head trying to read it, despite knowing what it says. :v: Other than that the new move for Sonic seems pretty cool and it's cool to see Shadow using a gun.

9. Devon

Devon

I'm a loser, baby, so why don't you kill me? Tech Member
    your mom
    I ported the Super Peelout from directly Sonic CD to Sonic 1, which took about an hour to do :P

10. Spanner

Spanner

The Tool Member
    Been doing some object programming stuff thanks to MarkeyJester showing the way piece by piece.

Part 1 (Sunday 1st March):
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUcQDjS1n8U[/youtube]
    Part 2 (Sunday 8th March):
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKkvYuVbML8[/youtube]

What do you think so far? It's an ongoing thing.

11. Ravenfreak

Ravenfreak

2 Edgy 4 U Tech Member
    O'Fallon Mo
    Sonic 1 Game Gear Disassembly
    I was going to keep this project a secret but eh, I still have tons of sprites to edit and a few palettes to fix. But I've been working on this for the past two days now... My girlfriend actually gave me the idea to make this hack. :v:
    [​IMG]

12. E-122-Psi

E-122-Psi

So Ring pursues Tailseses this time round?

That reminds me. Has anyone ever tried editing SMS Sonic 2 to have playable Tails?

13. JoenickROS

JoenickROS

I really like what you are doing with blocky it reminds me a lot of the puffer fish badnik from hydrocity. I'm excited to see what else you have in store for him, I've dug a little in object programming myself, although I've mostly dealt with modding other objects and turning them into new objects, (although the Shadow bullet was from scratch). Anyways keep it up!

14. Spanner

Spanner

The Tool Member
    Other stuff done lately:
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AK_AFShLjG8[/youtube]
    Made a new version of the Bubbles badnik (adapted from Blocky).

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_nR9mdAVP4[/youtube]
    Interacting with blue balls (collision related stuff with MarkeyJester who provided the blue ball and showed the way).

15. Shadow Hog

Shadow Hog

"I'm a superdog!" Member
    A little late to the party here, but:

As somebody who unambiguously prefers the Richard Jacques soundtrack: this is awesome. Looking forward to Rusty Ruins - it has some of my favorite music in the entire series. (And Richard Jacques's take on Spring Stadium, even with the goofy take on Act 2, is so much better than the phoned-in crap Jun Senoue put forth. It's surrounded by Tatsuyuki Maeda goodness on either side, so it sticks out like a sore thumb!)

Fun fact: if you minimize the PC version of Sonic 3D or use DxWnd or D3DWindower or something to run it in windowed mode, this combined title is what it sports on the taskbar.

Maybe just port the game to Sega CD with the Saturn soundtrack and FMVs :V

16. Looks cool, Spanner. The balls is the same from Angel Island (Sonic 3 Alone)?

17. Fred

Fred

Taking a break Oldbie
    Portugal
    Sonic 3 Unlocked
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7n6YDBEU4I[/youtube]

Kappa

18. E-122-Psi

E-122-Psi

Hah, at least Stealth's plans will live in some form.

19. MotorRoach

MotorRoach

I'm liking what I see, feels really nice to see that feature from Stealth's POC being implemented in the official game.

20. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    I'm also late and I can't believe I didn't know this existed.

As somebody who has always preferred the Mega Drive soundtrack over the Saturn one... I think the 16-bit treatment actually improves it and I love the results.