don't click here

Sonic X-treme STI Engines, Saturn, PC, Win95-PC+NV1, +V37 Level Editor

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Andrew75, Feb 24, 2015.

1. doc eggfan

doc eggfan

Are you pondering what I'm pondering? Wiki Sysop
    ACT
    GreatMegaLD, GreatSC3k, Great SG1k
    In that case... + - boobpix plz  

This thread has brought a lot of oldbies crawling out of the woodwork. Hope you all stick around for a bit.

2. Nova

Nova

I was saying this last night to somebody; it's great to see old faces show up again when things like this happen. Always makes me a little nostalgic. :v:

I've got to say, the research and development side of the scene has started picking up steam again lately - it's not quite where it used to be but I don't think it ever can be.

EDIT: Just quick, I wasn't meaning to de-value this - this is one of the best things the community has ever done. I just mean quantity more than anything.

3. Jen

Jen

#lapidot Moderator
    England
    Various drawings
    This is just amazing :D Thanks so much for making this happen, Andrew and Jolly!

I'll have to download this at some point today, I can't wait to play it for myself (this is the first time I've been on my laptop since the weekend because I've been struck down with some sort of nasty virus, which is why I'm a bit late to the party here).

Also...

Hello! It's really nice to see you again :)

4. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

"Our Life is More than a Side-Effect" Member
    Destructoid picked this up this morning! http://www.destructoid.com/fans-cobble-together-playable-demo-for-abandoned-sonic-x-treme-288248.phtml

Again, more people thinking this is a fan game. I left a couple comments correcting them, but this is really frustrating and kind of deflates the hard work you guys put in :/

5. WIRED got it today as well!

http://www.wired.com/2015/02/sonic-x-treme/?mbid=social_twitter

"You must register for the forums to view the post"

Uhh... no?

6. Covarr

Covarr

Sentient Cash Register Member
    Trapped in my own thoughts.
    Two stageplays, a screenplay, and an album
    Uhh, yes for the assembler link, which that sentence was referring to.

7. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    So... Now that this game's innards have been reassembled, do we know if the engine is related in any way to this?

[​IMG]

8. Andrew75

Andrew75

Technical Artist Member
    Project AXSX(Sonic Xtreme) + Misc Projects
    I asked Chris Senn if there were any relation to Bug some years back, and he said there is none. Who knows, they could have used the engine without his knowledge or something. :P
    But yeah I doubt it. Only one way to find out, hack bug and see if there are any related formats like a .def file and .pcx combo going on.

9. RankoChan

RankoChan

I'm bored, k? Member
    Some random RPG project.
    It's a shame that both the IGN and Destructoid articles aren't reporting the facts and are making this sound like a fangame revival. There's a lot of confusion going on in the comment sections even with folks trying to correct the misinformation.

Congrats to JollyRoger on this first release! Can't wait to mess around with this some tomorrow!

10. winterhell

winterhell

The lack of fisheye and it not being a build of the E3/official videos doesn't help the case. If I didn't know any better I'd think someone did this in a couple of days using the leaked assets from years ago.

11. There's probably a lot of confusion between this and Project AXSX. Maybe that Saturn build should come out sooner to silence these people.

12. Andrew75

Andrew75

Technical Artist Member
    Yeah its a real shame that some of these guys and gals wrighting the articles don't give a shit.
    I wrote a comment that got featured on Destructoid, its just under the article. I also did one like that over on IGN as well, but it didn't get bumped like on Destructoid.
    http://www.destructoid.com/fans-cobble-together-playable-demo-for-abandoned-sonic-x-treme-288248.phtml

This article on WIRED was decent.
    http://www.wired.com/2015/02/sonic-x-treme/

That's nothing new with X-treme articles. Screenshots of a level that I had made from scratch (for my winter demos) some years back were being passed off as a real Sonic X-treme level on at least 2 game news websites .( This was within the past 3 years)

I actually wish the Gold tile level leaked years ago lol

13. Spinksy

Spinksy

UK
    I can't actually get this to run on my pc - downloaded it, try to run it and a black screen appears for a split second as if it's starting but nothing :-(

14. hxc

hxc

spotteddove Researcher
    Truly remarkable to finally see this happen.

Thanks folks, you completed something I was never able to.

15. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Holy crap! I remember you from CulT damn long time no see where have you been?

16. hxc

hxc

spotteddove Researcher
    Personal interests change, life catches up. I sort of faded away from all this sort of thing.

17. Ritz

Ritz

Subhedgehog Member
    [​IMG]
    This game could've rocked if the camera were allowed to rotate on all axes. Descent: The Platformer

18. Lostgame

Lostgame

producer/turnablist. homebrew dev. cosplayer. Oldbie
    Toronto, ON
    The O.I.C.
    Well, it's not the source, but it's a start ;)/>

thanks so much to the guys who helped make this happen. I'll give it a whirl soon as I fix my borked win8 partition.

I knew there was a reason I've been still lurking the Sonic community after 12 (wow) years...

19. Andrew75

Andrew75

Technical Artist Member
    http://news.livedoor.com/article/detail/9828307/
    My Friend Yuki from Japan discovered news on the X-treme port over on a Japanese site.
    Seems the news has spread around everywhere now.

20. Ctoan

Ctoan

Wow this is incredible! I need to get me a Saturn soon considering how fast this is progressing!