don't click here

The Sonic 3, 20th Anniversary & Knuckles Thread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by The Taxman, Oct 18, 2014.

1. Retro_Stew

Retro_Stew

French Twitch Gamer Member
    France
    Twitch channel
    You can add this article to the press coverage :
    http://www.gamekyo.com/groupnews_article38189.html

2. 360

Light Vision Overdrive Oldbie
    United Kingdom
    Sonic Neon
    Thanks man! We really appreciate it. :) Press attention is super important at the moment so you've been of great assistance. I'm sure Big Smile will be happy to add it to the site.

In other news I'm preparing a campaign update for you guys later. Focused on press coverage and my efforts over the last forty eight hours to derive it. I was going to post an update a few hours ago but I'm still in the process of receiving responses from various game journalists so I'm going to wait for more to come and just post one mega update later. I'm still firing out a storm of emails and messages so when more responses arrive I'll generate an update for you guys. Probably in a few hours or so.

3. big smile

big smile

Oldbie
    I've been emailing lots of people, and finally got one reply:

http://www.imore.com/developers-behind-sonic-hedgehog-remasters-hope-complete-trilogy-sonic-3

iMore is a general interest Apple site with a larger user base, so hopefully it will boost up the numbers.

---

Thanks to Phoebius & 360 for your efforts!

4. 360

Light Vision Overdrive Oldbie
    United Kingdom
    Sonic Neon
    Thanks Big Smile! I think you may have struck gold with iMore. I've been monitoring Twitter and at least two Apple-related sites have posted their own articles over the last thirty minutes linking to iMore as the source. So although just iMore responded it has spawned three articles with more to probably come soon. Lots of users are tweeting the iMore article too so that's helping the campaign as well. So well done! Definitely a great choice of site to contact.

I'll be posting my campaign update a bit later and should have some more good news for you all.

5. big smile

big smile

Oldbie
    I just noticed around 15% of visitors from iMore go to the site, but don't click past the first page. So I've made the petition the main link. You can still get to the letter writing campaign, but it has to be accessed via the petition.

6. Stealth

Stealth

Tech Member
    Sonic Mania, HCGE, Sonic Megamix, SonED2, [...]
    So, maybe it's time to reword the petition text again

We don't need unintelligent people like this undermining the entire thing with a single careless sentence

7. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    yeah isn't their anyway to remove the text thats associated with the person? I feel that they shouldn't be removed entirely but the comment they made should be revoked if its retarded ^Like above^.

8. Oh for crying out loud. I hope there is a way to remove post like this before a bunch of people start spamming.

9. big smile

big smile

Oldbie
    I've deleted his comment. (His name has gone, but it doesn't seem to have changed the total number of signatures).
    I've updated the text on the petition page. But it's a bit like forum rules. No matter how well written they are, someone always does the opposite.

10. The creator of a petition can delete comments. This is good. Hopefully things will continue to be orderly.

11. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Wow.

People are actually that dense? Mobile games pioneer the F2P format, sure, but come the fuck on.

12. Fantastic

Fantastic

Born on an island, in the heavens. Member
    Imagine having to pay $.50 for every ring you collected.

If anybody at Sega besides Stealth or Taxman are reading this, please, never do this. EVER.

13. AngelComa

AngelComa

Site Staff
    I don't think there is a game out there like that where they charge you .50 cents per ring. Come on.

If this is what takes to make it happen (which I hope it doesn't, but might be the best of both worlds), they can do a free copy with ads like Angry Birds and have a paid version with extras (like how they added Hidden Palace Zone on 2 etc) and no ads.

14. Sparks

Sparks

Sondro Gomez / Kyle & Lucy
    Robotnik Speed Traps free with purchase; anti-trap item box for $5.00. :eng101:

15. Fantastic

Fantastic

I was over-exaggerating it, yeah. Maybe by a bit too much.

16. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    >Free to Play Sonic 3

Okay, I want all those people to walk off a bridge. Free to Play is disgusting.

17. Fantastic

Fantastic

The more I think about it, I don't necessarily think that the comment was referring to wanting this game to be 'F2P', but more as having the ability to download it without having to pay a cent. It could just be a senseless child who knows very little about Game Development.

I can see how people could take it the wrong way, though.

18. Lilly

Lilly

United States
    Shang Mu Architect
    That's probably the case with the commenter. Lots of kids don't really have a clue how games are developed, or TV shows for that matter. "The less you know, the more you think you know.", as they say.

Free To Play works alright for Sonic Dash, but that's an arcade game, not a full-blown, challenging and involving single player experience like Sonic 3 is. I'd rather pay money for the game than see it get slowed down by, and eat even more battery life away in the process, with ads in place. That's just revolting.

19. Chaos Rush

Chaos Rush

AKA J.Matz Member
    Why do we need to provide our home address to sign the petition? Isn't there a better way to prevent people from signing more than once?

20. Nova

Nova

That would most likely be a decision by the petition website, not the campaign management. :v:

I can't think of any other way, realistically, though. Even this can be circumvented.