don't click here

Sonic 4: Episode III cancelled according to Ken Balough

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by 360, Jan 5, 2015.

1. big smile

big smile

Oldbie
    None of Sonic 4's story makes sense. The severely battle damaged Metal Sonic is able to fly all the way from Little Planet to Sonic's world. But then after being upgraded and retrieving an additional power source, he needs to steal Tails' rocket so he can catch up with Sonic & Tails. What?? Why not just fly to them directly. In Ep1, Tails is supposed to be helping Sonic in secret? Why?

2. Covarr

Covarr

Sentient Cash Register Member
    Trapped in my own thoughts.
    Two stageplays, a screenplay, and an album
    People tend to speak more highly of Episode 2 because of vastly improved physics, slightly improved art, and slightly improved music. I agree with you about the team gimmick; it mostly just serves to interrupt the flow of the game so it can show itself off.

3. DigitalDuck

DigitalDuck

Arriving four years late. Member
    Lincs, UK
    TurBoa, S1RL
    They changed the way Sonic acts when you're not touching the controller.

That's it. There was more of a change between Sonic 2 and S3K.

4. Covarr

Covarr

Sentient Cash Register Member
    Trapped in my own thoughts.
    Two stageplays, a screenplay, and an album
    You serious? Just adding momentum might only be one change, but from where I stand, it's a HUGE change. Much bigger than most of the changes for S3&K.

5. DigitalDuck

DigitalDuck

Arriving four years late. Member
    Lincs, UK
    TurBoa, S1RL
    Given how often I'm not touching the controller when playing the game, it's a pretty trivial one.

6. Azookara

Azookara

yup Member
    I don't know, that's kind of a big deal. There's a good amount of time I spend playing the Sonic games where I stop pressing forward. It's not a conscious decision, it's just something I do when I know I coast through the air without losing speed, and helps me focus on positioning Sonic in other ways, yet in S4:E1 you couldn't do that since it'd bring you to a halt.

Maybe it wasn't fixing rolling physics to work the way they were supposed to, but it was a basic mechanic to his controls that made a MASSIVE difference between games, I feel. Really made it all the better than E1, even if it really still wasn't that great. It just kinda proves how important that is when making a Sonic game, I guess.

7. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    Sonic did seem to have more weight on the ground, as well.

8. XCubed

XCubed

Will Someday Own a Rent-A-Center Oldbie
    I could play EP 2 all damn day and would be happy with expansion pack levels. Episode one can rot in hell.

9. Nova

Nova

I'm in the minority group of thinking they're both god-awful then? :v:

10. BlackHole

BlackHole

You're going to need MORE than help. Member
    England
    Complaining
    This is the Sonic fanbase. There is no minorities, all sides have equal numbers to fight amongst themselves...except the group who think Sonic '06 is the best game of the lot, we don't speak of those...

11. Beltway

Beltway

The most grateful Sonic fan of all time this week Member
    Sega of Darkest Peru
    Artwork and classes
    You're not alone, though I think Episode I is actually the better game of the two for having (somewhat) better level design, not being designed around compulsory co-op moves, and not having gameplay abilities that practically eats levels, as one can see below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPIHeTgRKso

Forty seconds of not having to hold right. Complete with obligatory six dash panels in a row lined up a wall.

[​IMG]

12. Arique

Arique

SHUWATCH! Member
    I know it's April Fools Day, but uh...

For once, I can't tell if it's real or not. If it ends up being fake, then go ahead and trash this post.

13. Falk

Falk

Going out of the way to make a joke out of Sonic 4 seems a little redundant.

14. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    It's a "trailer" with no gameplay footage, an easy to fake logo and it's for Sonic 4. Also it's April 1st.

Come on man.

15. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

But that's exactly what happened with the real E1 and E2 trailers, man.

As far as fakes go, this is actually really well done. They matched the style of the real trailers to a tee, and used new renders for Sonic and Knuckles. Obvious April Fools is obvious, but it's a good one.

16. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    Well yeah, doesn't make it any less easy to fake. This really isn't that impressive as far as leaks go, because of how easy it is to fake it with After Effects or whatever.

It even has sentences like "Action was taken" and "A team is returned to battle against a deadly force". This is one of the less impressive fake leaks I've seen people fall for.

17. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

So what if it's not impressive on a technical scale? It does the job of looking just like the real thing, and that's what counts.

I also don't get what your problem is with those sentences.

18. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    Did you look at the official teasers you linked? Cause I just did, they at least have a blur of Sonic (and Tails in the latter) running around. The fake teaser just has the same lazy After Effect animation repeated over and over with text put over it. Also, English is not my first language, but even I can see the problem with "is returned".

And if the original teasers aren't impressive, then a fake teaser that doesn't manage to look like it could be one of those teasers isn't impressive either. :v:

Also lol, video was made private.

19. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

I think the problem is with your eyes.
    [​IMG]

(Yeah this is a dumb argument and I'm not going to take it any further. But I assumed you'd just made a typo in your previous post.)

20. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    welp