don't click here

Sonic Boom (Games) Megathread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, Oct 2, 2013.

1. JaredAFX

JaredAFX

You telling me a shrimp fried this rice? Member
    Florida
    Downloading megahertz
  2. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    Yep, that's what was being discussed

3. RenyNoise

RenyNoise

Literally Swimming in Privilege Banned
    You know I was thinking today, maybe the problem isn't the fact that Sonic can't hold onto an image for more than 5 years. I think it's 100% the people behind him who fail to execute said image in profitable ways, Mega Man has been redesigned how many times and still been successful? Don't mean to start the morning on a sour note, but that really stuck out to me.

4. Mana

Mana

Good! Great! Awesome! Outstanding! Amazing! Member
    So we all know by this point that a lot of content was cut and modified to make Rise of Lyric fit on WiiU with the graphics taking the biggest loss. So I was wondering that maybe if Big Red Button Entertainment had the original files for the game before it was heavily modified maybe they could get "accidentally" leaked at some point and we could play the game closer to the original vision.

It may not end up being much better but it would still be nice to see.

5. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
  6. Donnie Paradox

Donnie Paradox

Some Gai Member
    To be honest, I'd take this over Rise of Lyric any day. It's the best gaming experience I've had with Boom. I don't think it will appeal to everyone but it does serve as a nice little side activity to relax and unwind to.

7. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    Pfft, that game ain't got shit on Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine.

8. AnimatedAF

AnimatedAF

This flash game is basically Baku Baku Animal heh.

9. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    EDIT: Yes, it's just like Baku Baku.

10. InvisibleUp

InvisibleUp

friendly internet ghost Member
    Seems a bit...familiar if you ask me.

EDIT: It's the Sonic Heroes promo flash game, if you're too lazy to click. Same thing, basically.

11. Raia

Raia

Try to construct a Keio Saturn > PSX converter and mod a Sega Saturn Arcade stick
    My thoughts exactly as soon as I started playing it.

12. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    It's actually based on an old Tetris-like game SEGA put out that I've forgotten the name of.

13. Sonic Eraser?

14. trakker

trakker

The guy that's been warned! Member
    Columns?

15. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    So...Someone saved that Sonic Boom flash game or whatever then, right?

16. Nemo

Nemo

So I finally got around to getting Lost World for Wii U and also picked up Boom.

I love the idea of incorporating Mario Galaxy styled gravity in a Sonic game so much that it's what got me to start my 3D Sonic fan game project. Yet Boom just feels... weird. The controls are really stiff and it feels like there's no momentum or control over Sonic.

Meanwhile I went into Boom thinking it was going to be terrible, but I'm actually really enjoying it. The only thing I've disliked so far is the way they characterized Knuckles and Shadow (especially Shadow). But apart from that, I'm surprised to find that it's thusfar pretty high up there on Sonic games I like.

17. STHX

STHX

SEGAAAAAAAAA?!? Member
    The world of Trophies
    Sonic In Mushroom Kingdom
    Interesting interview with the producer of Sonic Boom, Stephen Frost. Some highlights:
    Developing a game within a series made to appeal to "non-fans" of the series. What could possibly go wrong.

18. Diablohead

Diablohead

Indie dev Oldbie
    Near London
    games
    Those are some fair points but the game is still trash, bad engine choice for a wii u only title even if that choice was out of their hands and happened half way into development, it was still bad.

Slowing down should not mean walking speed, why do companies with feedback like "slow it down" then go and remove 90% of the speed instead of 20%?

Oh right focus testing, that wonderful magical way to get feedback not from fans or the public correctly, for example everything in halo 4.

19. P3DR0

P3DR0

b0ss Member
    SONIC INFINITY
    https://youtu.be/UyNnSbmn8OI

Replace "Sonic Team" by "Big Red Button".

Holy shit, they had literally no idea what the fuck they were making.