don't click here

elicense tagging SEGA content?

Discussion in 'General Sega Discussion' started by TheUltimaXtreme, Feb 2, 2015.

1. Paraxade

Paraxade

Problem is if you try it and it doesn't work you don't get a free pass to try another dispute later, which is why I don't want to try anything when we're still missing so much information. I'm worried trying to dispute too soon will prevent me from being able to fix this later. :x

2. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Why not you guys just create a separate channel and upload some Sonic/SEGA shit and wait for it to get hit by elicense then go through the dispute process?

Doesn't work and the channel gets striked then no loss it was a clone channel, but if it works then you have a way to beat this with your normal channels.

3. Galvatron

Galvatron

UK
    Just relax, this doesn't necessarily mean you'll get a copyright strike. They might just reject your dispute, in which case you won't get a strike.

Although maybe they'll just give you a strike straight away. In which case you are screwed. Sorry.

I have a bunch of elicense claims on some of my videos too, but as I don't monetize, it's OK for me. This has all happened only a few months after this incident, too.

4. I'm starting to look vindicated for using the "Remove music" function, huh? >_>

That being said, I've disputed with Japanese companies before (They can make shady claims of ownership, too!), and one big advantage to that is if you get to the point where you counter-claim a copyright strike and YouTube gets to processing it, these guys probably would (according to Youtube's terms from what I recall) have to go to a US court to sue you, which would probably make the cost of a lawsuit way more than they'd have any hope of earning from trying to take down your video. So if eLicense is Japanese, that'd probably be your trump card if you're that insistent on keeping your Sega tracks in.

I myself do not care quite so much.

5. Andrew75

Andrew75

Technical Artist Member
    Project AXSX(Sonic Xtreme) + Misc Projects
    Wonder if its related to this as seen on the Monday Links here on Retro...
    http://segabits.com/blog/2015/01/27/dj-cutmans-spindash-a-sonic-the-hedgehog-fan-made-remix-album-available-now/

What songs in videos have been targeted?

6. Lanzer

Lanzer

Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Do you think this bastard is just disguising himself under a different name and continuing his rampage?

7. AngelComa

AngelComa

Site Staff
    Seems to me its not really SEGA but Sonic? All the claims I've seen here have been on Sonic videos.

8. TheUltimaXtreme

TheUltimaXtreme

Breaking logic since whenever Member
    It seems thus far, any SEGA music that seems to be a spotlight.

For me, EGGMAN and Crisis City are the tracks that have cut my videos.

My decision at the moment is to be simple and unlist the videos that are being hit by elicense so that they don't get any views, and these blokes don't get any funds off it. That being said, the videos are technically still accessible in some places, but they won't come up in searches, so no money can be produced but a few pennies.

As for the possibility of "Streammer" returning from the grave, I don't know much about that issue, so I'm not certain where it keys in.

So far, the only one I'm seeing to be so high a possibility is of SoJ outsourcing to a company for their music, but that would be ridiculous judging from this video.
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SInWbKItyL0[/youtube]

This describes what a REAL claim by SEGA should look like. Now of course, in that video, "elicense" has claimed a video for a REMIX of a Sega track. Could smell of the Streammer story brew, but certainly nothing new.

The proper name is actually e-License, but http://www.elicense.co.jp has a post that dates to June 11 of last year, not very recent, and not accurate... But that same post explains the release of their new content management system. It's a curious basket.

9. Galvatron

Galvatron

UK
    I've just checked through my copyright notices and I've got some on some OutRun 2 and Virtua Fighter 3 videos that I've not actually published yet. But I've yet to receive any on stuff like the Streets of Rage and Virtua Fighter 5 videos I've done, at least not yet.

I doubt it, the moment someone posted that they'd forwarded it to SEGA's legal department was the moment he seemed to vanish. I mean I didn't even have to dispute the claims he'd made on some videos, they disappeared too.

10. Effexor

Effexor

JUSTICE Member
    I got hit by this, too. Sonic 2, Sonic 3, Sonic Adventure, Sonic Rush, all kinds of Sonic music got hit. Even the Little Planet theme and Sonic 4 music. This reminds me of that one instance where this one distribution company started flagging a bunch of Mega Man music that I also got hit with because Capcom was releasing the soundtracks on iTunes or something. It's shit like this that really make me hate YouTube's contentID system. It's fucking broken, and it won't get fixed until they give a shit, which will never happen.

11. Tiranno

Tiranno

Steveosaurus Rex Member
    So uh...I just got this less than 24 hours after disputing:

[​IMG]

12. Lanzer

Lanzer

Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    See! proof positive it pays to fight back!!

Now then, what about the rest of you?

13. RazoZen

RazoZen

Moscow
    Hey, guys. I think I might have good news about this problem as well.
    Razor and I are always disputing all the claims. We had more than 50 videos claimed by elicense on our channel.
    But just overnight a few hours ago about 20 claims were released and monetization was brought back on these videos. For now it sounds good enough already. This might be either elicense being finally brought down by SEGA, or maybe, if elicense is really affiliated with SoJ, they might as well just looking into the problem and letting all the stuff that falls under the fair use go. We'll try to keep you informed once we get more info.

UPD: There're even less claims left now. They are probably taken all down by a Youtube bot or something since the claims are being lifted quite quickly. There're less than 15 claims left now.

14. Paraxade

Paraxade

The one claim I got on my account is gone now. I didn't dispute it; it seems to have disappeared on its own. Wonder if whoever was responsible for this realized they fucked up and is in the process of releasing the claims now.

15. Dario FF

Dario FF

Tech Support Hotline Tech Member
    All but 2 of my claims are gone now. While the lack of communication has been frustrating it sounds like the issue's finally being solved.

Still changing the music of anything Sonic-related on the future that I upload though.

FWIW I didn't dispute any of these.

16. BlazeHedgehog

BlazeHedgehog

A "Community Enigma"? Oldbie
    I still have a couple of outstanding elicense claims, but they were made more than a year ago, and on videos that weren't especially popular.

All of the NEW elicense claims made in the last week seem to have vanished as of today.

17. Dude

Dude

Tech Member
    Southbridge, MA
    Random VR/AR trash
    Yep, all the claims they've made against me are gone now too.

GJ SEGA.

18. D.A. Garden

D.A. Garden

Sonic CD's Sound Test Member
    I can confirm that the 2 Copyright Claims on my videos are also removed. I'm glad that this was sorted once it got out of hand. I just wish we knew what actually happened.

19. Galvatron

Galvatron

UK
    All of the matches I had are gone now, and like Dario I hadn't even disputed/acknowledged any of them.

20. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    SEGA's Twitter has finally responded, and has confirmed that eLicense is doing this independently. They're also trying to stop these claims from going out now: https://twitter.com/SEGA/status/563404946108710912