don't click here

A little "idea" I had about where Sonic's speed comes from

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Dusty, Jan 27, 2015.

1. JaredAFX

JaredAFX

You telling me a shrimp fried this rice? Member
    Florida
    Downloading megahertz
    Congrats, Overlord. That made my day like you wouldn't believe XD

I don't really question this sort of stuff. I question the continuity they try to throw into these games and fail miserably at, whether they were trying to piece it together or not depending on the game (ex. you gave Shadow his own game and shed more light on his backstory. You don't get to retroactively change the story around). I'm still waiting for an actual explanation as to why the moon isn't blown up, and I'm sorry for acting like a prick, but I want something better than "the moon is facing the other direction" or "the developers aren't the same as the SA2 developers and just don't know about it."

2. DigitalDuck

DigitalDuck

Arriving four years late. Member
    Lincs, UK
    TurBoa, S1RL
    That's no moon... :colbert:

3. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    I'd love to take the credit, but the reason it was in quotes & italics was because I found that on the web years ago, and I too saved it. =P

4. Retroman

Retroman

Eggman's shoes are robotic

Best explanation for Tails's tail is this.

Animals don't have a tail made just of flesh. Like horses, It's made of bone too. Our favourite, infamous anthro yellow two-tailed fox's tail is multi-jointed. He must regularly train in yoga or something to get that flexibility.

5. MamboCat

MamboCat

Old Fogey Member
    Prague
    STCO colouring!
    I think someone already pointed this out but in STC it was issue 8, Origin of Sonic. I can't remember if the Sonic the Podcast guys covered it yet... haven't listened to their chitchats for a while.

But thanks to the Sonic Boom episode discussion over at SSMB I was reminded of the STC issue where Robotnik somehow manages to "steal" Sonic's speed abilities and as a result he becomes blue and spiky and poor Sonic is restored back to his brown form!

Also in Amy's "Secret Past" many, many issues later it's implied that an experiment Robotnik was running is related to the ability stealing gadget; Amy accidentally interrupts him, the gadget explodes and somehow turns Amy Rose pink and gives her the mohawk spikes. But we don't talk about that story! :P

So it always seemed to me in the STC universe anyway, that Sonic being blue and speedy is down to some kind of weird energy that he possesses, but is unrelated to the Chaos energy stuff they wrote about. The idea that it can be stolen and Sonic is useless without it seemed kinda interesting, but they didn't go any further with it. I suppose thank goodness in a way. It was quite convoluted, and adding their version of Super Sonic on top of it! Eeee....

Anyways. Blue hedgehog. Goes fast. Loop-de-loops. :p

6. Lostgame

Lostgame

producer/turnablist. homebrew dev. cosplayer. Oldbie
    Toronto, ON
    The O.I.C.
    Two tails. Obviously. Pshht.

in b4 'that doesn't answer the question'

7. Chilly Willy

Chilly Willy

Tech Member
    Doom 32X
    It's obvious how any of the characters in the series run so fast or fly... lots and lots of beans. ;)

8. Blackstretch

Blackstretch

UK
    I always thought that Sonic's speed just came from training with Dr. Kintobor after he gave him friction-less sneakers...