don't click here

Sonic Boom (Games) Megathread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, Oct 2, 2013.

1. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    Remember that time on Game Grumps when Barry pointed out a lot of weird stuff in the opening cutscenes of the game?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VIIRFpvpl0

He did that again.

2. Tiller

Tiller

HDK & World Runner
    I would think this would be common sense but there were people who went and bought Boom despite knowing it was awful for one reason or another. I'm not one to tell people what they should do with their money but if you don't want this kind of shit to fly don't enable it in the first place. :v:

I'd actually like to know the sales figures now that the holiday rush is over.

3. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    I'd say it's ok to buy the game if it's awful only if you buy it second hand, since Sega never sees those sales figures (I don't think). Some people may want the game for just the fact that it's so abusable, or they might like it on an ironic level like The Room or Birdemic. I mean hell if I still drank I bet this game would be a blast.

4. Gestalt

Gestalt

Sphinx in Chains Member
    Just beat the game on hard-mode and found a decent amount of collectibles. Well, how shall I put it? I assume Big Red Button's take on the franchise was supposed to be a Sonic only they could have pulled off. What probably started out as a 'what prevents Sonic to be an open world platformer?' kind of thing ended up being an awful weird hybrid of Jak and Daxter and Crash Bandicoot with many glitches. Game Grumps perfectly showcased some of them. With that said I prefer watching the far superior TV-show anytime, even though they compare badly besides Sonic wearing a scarf.

5. Andrew75

Andrew75

Technical Artist Member
    Project AXSX(Sonic Xtreme) + Misc Projects
    Why is this topic still even worth posing in ... lol
    The game was so bad that it broke holes in the Sonic cycle.

6. Fantastic

Fantastic

Born on an island, in the heavens. Member
    Quick Question:
    Does anybody know what the song is that plays in the Sonic Boom 2014 Games Trailer?

This one.

I can't seem to find it anywhere.

7. Ell678

Ell678

Am I Annoying You? Member
    Barrow, England
    Sonic Incursion
  8. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    Yup, that sure is click bait. Not that the Rise of Lyric box-art is any good, but it seems like they just randomly placed any box-art that they could find anything negative about on that list. Gotta have 50 even though they couldn't even find 50 bad box-arts and just anything on there they could say something negative about. They're also really reaching with some of those like with Fantasy Life or Natural Doctrine. Especially the latter, it's actually some pretty nice art but it's got nothing exciting happening on it meaning that it's boring so put it on the list.

9. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    Hundreds of Sonic fans strongly dislike Sonic Boom. Click here to find out why.

10. Chimera

Chimera

I'm not a furry. Tech Member
    Castlevania prettyness
    so now Boom is a part of the website that almost never gets updated

Yay...?

11. Knucklez

Knucklez

I love 2B 'n' ass. Member

12. AnimatedAF

AnimatedAF

So apparently the Wii U game is getting a patch today, and it's just over a gigabyte! Ooh boy.

13. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    Apparently it fixes Knuckles' infinite jump. And by fix I mean they removed the game's one redeeming quality.

14. Dude

Dude

Tech Member
    Southbridge, MA
    Random VR/AR trash
    Ugh. What an awful design decision. They have no hope of actually making the game any good, why not try going for comedy value instead of seriousness?

15. Covarr

Covarr

Sentient Cash Register Member
    Trapped in my own thoughts.
    Two stageplays, a screenplay, and an album
    Please tell me that's not all the patch does. At >1GB, if that's all it manages, something is seriously wrong.

16. NioZero

NioZero

Concepción, Chile
    Tornado Sky Fighters
    1 GB to remove a gameplay feature?

17. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Ooohhh boy I can't wait, more fuel for the fire.

What magic have the patched in this wonder XD

18. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Oh boy. I hope the Grumps finished shooting Boom before this patch got onto their system, or Arin's going to have a FIT. =P

19. The final part just aired today.

20. So, I played this today.

For 20 minutes.

Never again. This is human garbage. I'd rather go watch Dora the Explorer. I'm being honest. This is not even a joke. I'd rather watch Dora the motherfucking explorer than play this piece of garbage. Or even Sonic 1 GBA. At least Sonic 1 GBA was broken, but it had content. This, this is broken, and has no content. Sonic 06 had beef, but its bones were broken. This has no beef. No bones. Is this even a game?