don't click here

Sonic Boom TV Show Megathread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by JaxTH, Nov 8, 2014.

1. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    I think Amy losing her overtly Sonic fangirl-ness is the best thing they could have done for the character, while still keeping that love for Sonic to keep the Sonic-Amy army (they exist and are formidable in numbers, rivaling the weird Sonic/Shadow shippers) all nice and happy.

That and something something main male and female leads usually have some sort of romantic connection trope.

2. Lobotomy

Lobotomy

35% Cognac Banned
    Traverse City
    Project: Matter/Energy
    I really enjoy this so far, if only Sonic's arms were the right color. Oh well. I definitely feel a good mixture between SatAM and AoSTH in the set/setting department. The writing is pretty okay, nothing out of the box, but okay. It doesn't seem like any of the characters are complete, 80s TMNT-esque clowns (barring Knuckles), either, which is nice.

3. Yuski

Yuski

Dragons, dragons everywhere! Oldbie
    [media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WmXTSe-Vfc[/media]

French opening. The only critic I had to the series when it premiere at CN, was the really short opening. Problem solved, but prefer the English version music.

4. AnimatedAF

AnimatedAF

Still kinda surprised they didn't even really bother with much of an intro or a theme song. Missed the chance to make another new version of the Sonic CD song. Oh well.

Man they look kinda soulless in a lot of that extended intro, like they're not looking at anything at times especially Tails. The music is kind of 'hey we need to make this sound like a video game kinda thing'.

5. It sounds like Power Rangers fight music. Which isn't a bad thing in itself (I think it's pretty cool), but it's not really distinctive enough as a theme song. Total missed opportunity for the Sonic CD music.

6. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    OK, that's much better than the one the US dub is using. While the theme is still fairly forgettable it flows a lot better and actually feels a lot more like an actual opening than just a title card.

7. Yuski

Yuski

Dragons, dragons everywhere! Oldbie
    Episode "Madame Sticks" apparently the true episode 3, aired in France.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCIh9jtWcXo

Sticks voice in Frech is a million of times more tolerable! Also, I'm certain Tails´ VA is the same from Sonic X, but not certain about the others.

Edit: Confirmed! Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Amy and Eggman have the same voice actors from French Sonic X dub. =)

8. NioZero

NioZero

Concepción, Chile
    Tornado Sky Fighters
    is there any continuity between the games, the tv series and the comics?

9. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    Aside from sharing characters and locations, not really. Story-wise, none of them really acknowledge eachother. For example: in both Rise of Lyric and Shattered Crystal all of the characters see Lyric for the first time.

10. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Though Frost did tease that Lyrics robot control button became Eggman's new wrist-thingy which he uses in the show.

11. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    Knuckles can't read now? How much more of an idiot can they make him? Good episode though. I wonder if it's coming up soon (maybe this weekend) for the US.

12. Iggy for Short

Iggy for Short

Wait a minute... did Sticks just stumble as the little dramatic-character-spin thing started?? Between this and the tie-in comic I wonder if we'llget to see her doing any fourth wall jokes in an actual episode.

13. Thought you guys may like it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CaNSRUAHLqg&feature=gp-n-y&google_comment_id=z12vul1z2t2pvfh0m23nibu54yypszvvh

14. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    It's hard to not like Robotnik in the shower.

15. Nova

Nova

Coming from somebody who doesn't watch the show really, I can't say I'd mind this characteristic being given to him in the games too. Let's face it, he was stupid enough to get tricked by Eggman twice and other than that and his strength, he's really... Quite plain.

16. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    This episode will air in English tomorrow: https://twitter.com/sonic_hedgehog/status/535794789586046976

17. Linkabel

Linkabel

For those who have Dish and couldn't see the show because of the feud with Time Warner, you might want to set your DVRs to record Sonic Boom because you have CN back.

18. AkumaYin

AkumaYin

So, um, Saturday mornings only? Or one Saturday, one Sunday? (USA)

19. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    Episode 5 was okay.

Episode 6 was a rehash of "Translate This" really though.

20. ashthedragon

ashthedragon

Sonic Paradise Researcher
    Spain
    Sonic Paradise & Sonic Ages
    Anyone knows where I can watch today's episode online? I can't find the ( or any of the past ones) at youtube. Seems like sega started sending strikes for the cartoon uploaders.