don't click here

Sonic Boom (Games) Megathread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, Oct 2, 2013.

1. Actually, I think there's another glaring issue, too.

Plot spoilers:At the end of Rise of Lyric, remember that thing Sonic pulls out? I'm pretty certain that was the thing that, in Lyric's motive rant, said WAS KEEPING HIM ALIVE. In other words, at the end of RoL Sonic killed him. Therefore Shattered Crystal makes no sense in regard to that continuity.

2. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    + - I took that line as "I built this robotic suit to keep me alive". Though he did seem pretty sad when they threw it instead of some kind anger based scream.  

3. Truner

Truner

I thought that was just the thing that controlled robots? I'd be pissed if someone took a toy like that away too.

Anyway, I'm watching RaqibMarvelous' playthrough (good quality, no talking) and so far, it looks like a pretty generic, but okay platformer. Doesn't seem to be a glitchy mess if you just play it.

4. Specific scene in question is about 1 minute into this video for reference:
    [media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDavHpkLxBk[/media]
    I thought it was particularly poignant that one of his claws was sharply pointing on the blue piece. It seemed like one of the few pieces of "smart" writing the entire game had. But maybe I'm overestimating it.

5. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    I see what you mean. He actually points directly in the middle of that blue thing.

Also the robot sounds like Krillin from DBZ Abridged. :V

6. Toasty

Toasty

BulbaSAUR! Member
    Welp, I won't be paying $40 for this turd then. I'll rent it or pick it up used when everyone is over how shitty it is.

7. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator

This is what it is. Don't get me wrong, it has ugly graphics at times, needed about 3-5 more months of polish, if not design, but it is fun. Now that that infinite jump glitch is out it'll be really easy to make this game look bad but as someone who went into this game expecting to hate it I've actually enjoyed myself so far. Definitely rough around the edges though

8. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    The 3DS game looks really solid.

Anyway, watching a playthrough of the 3DS game and just saw the Lyric trophy. It says he was imprisoned for 5,000 years. :/

9. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    [​IMG]

This explains so much.

10. Felik

Felik

Explains what? Every development process of every game?

11. The KKM

The KKM

Welcome to the nExt level Member
    Portugal
    IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog comic books
    Felik, is it me or do you seem kinda sore? :v:

12. Just had to share today's Penny Arcade comic.

[​IMG]

Oops, you beat me to it. Well, I'll leave mine up since it's embedded. =)

13. Spinksy

Spinksy

UK
    well IGN has reviewed the 3DS game:

Sonic Boom: Shattered Crystal is heavy on boring, clumsy exploration and light on classic Sonic design.

IGN Shattered Crystal review

14. Machenstein

Machenstein

15. Chimera

Chimera

I'm not a furry. Tech Member
    Castlevania prettyness
    ...What the fuck happened.

Like no what the FUCK HAPPENED?

It really feels like this company was trying to make a parody of Sonic but forgot if you make a game that markets itself as trying to be good, it ends up being a buggy mess, and you want people to PAY for it, you're not going to make people laugh. You're going to piss them off.

Seriously, the humor of this game is all "oh of COURSE Sonic is the superhero" and "look how dumb Eggman is guys" and the gameplay itself makes Sonic 06 look STABLE albeit still mechanically flawed. Nobody's introduced in this game, you're just expected to know who they are. This alternate universe doesn't explain anything about the characters to you despite changing their actual character and putting them in an entirely new environment. The only logical conclusion I can draw is the devs actually hate Sonic and assumed the rest of the world did too, and wanted to make a game that pokes at all the problems sonic games ever have. Except you're buying the damn thing expecting something you'll actually want to play.

If this game got all its bugs patched out via DLC unlike 06, which SEGA never bothered to make actually playable (probably out of shame of what they actually put out), then it'd at least be a passable mediocre title. But holy lord this game's just a house of cards of bugs, which is really telling of how they just programmed a mess of a game. Too many ideas, no central focus, it looks like.

Overall, I just... Chris Senn, why.
    I hope you realized what you were getting into at some point and couldn't bail out, or rather had no control over this steaming pile, cuz now I'm starting to think XTreme wouldn't have been a success anyhow :/

16. NioZero

NioZero

Concepción, Chile
    Tornado Sky Fighters
    I've only played a couple of minutes because I had to work, but the first thing I notice is that the game hasn't language options... Spanish voice sucks... I have to turn my WiiU to English to change the game language

Why Lost World have language options but Boom doesn't? Also, the options are only available ingame and not in the main menu

Also, the framerate is very bad in some sections, I've only played until the Lyrics first appearance. The game is pretty mediocre at far..

17. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    I love you for that.

Comic is up in HQ, thanks to Cyberman65:
    http://youtu.be/6f1jw3zhcIE

18. Chimera

Chimera

I'm not a furry. Tech Member
    Castlevania prettyness
    oh ok so lyric mind controls shadow because he's an idiot

great

just great

can someone please explain to me what Shadow is in this game other than what Knuckles was in Sonic 3 + edgyness

19. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    cool, real, strong, and my friend

20. SomeSortOfRobot

SomeSortOfRobot

Mid-Southern US
    http://legendoflucy.com
    They're pinning Knuckles and Amy together a lot, aren't they?