don't click here

Sonic ATS - Released!

Discussion in 'Fangaming Discussion' started by LakeFeperd, Jan 5, 2012.

1. winterhell

winterhell

Yeah, we all understood in the end that its just a rom hack.

Anyway grats Lake!

2. Beltway

Beltway

The most grateful Sonic fan of all time this week Member
    Sega of Darkest Peru
    Artwork and classes
    Was just going to come and post this, but I guess ya'll beat me to it. :psyduck:

Congrats LakeFepard!

3. Icewarrior

Icewarrior

I'm a member of S.T.A.R.S !!11!!!1!! Member
    That was deserved all the way.
    One of the most humble people in the Sonic community developing one of the best Sonic fangames in a shorter than average span of time. How awesome can you be with that!

4. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Great praise indeed. I love this game/series, although I never played Chrono Adventure. It's just so much fun and it looks great. Good work....

Can you make Sonic 4 please?

5. Willie

Willie

Each day the world turns Laugh 'til it all burns Member
    If he eventually decides to make a successor to S3&K, he could call it Sonic: After the Second Sequel. lol That would make it look less like a competitor game to the actual Sonic 4, which might be a good idea considering After the Sequel's popularity. That, and it would make it more clear to people the game is part of the ______ the Sequel series. I would also hope he would use a newer version of the Sonic Worlds engine instead of the really out of date version used with his other Sonic fangames. I felt that older version of the engine is what held back After the Sequel's potential the most, which wouldn't be a problem with newer versions of the engine since it's far more accurate to the Genesis games. Speaking of which, Sonic Worlds Delta 1.5 might come out next month. If he decided to work on a new Sonic fangame after Spark is finished, the potential from that engine with a new fangame by LakeFepard would be extremely exciting.

6. StreakThunderstorm

StreakThunderstorm

Mecha Madness
    OR he can use Sonic Unreal Worlds to bring it into 3D land.

7. BlackHole

BlackHole

You're going to need MORE than help. Member
    England
    Complaining
    Or create his own game engine! With blackjack! And Hookers!

In fact, forget the game engine and the blackjack! Aaah screw the whole thing...

But seriously, I'd love to see what he would do with an 'After the Threequel' game and how he'd go about it. Though hopefully with less Kirby stuff, I'll admit I'm not a fan of those: I'd rather see some original ideas in their stead, but that's my personal opinion.

8. Falk

Falk

Welp, it's over.

I'm just recalling that last stretch of work which was essentially a mad rush of trying to find time in between working Final Fantasy stuff (and keeping THAT a secret at the time)

Been one heck of a journey.

9. LakeFeperd

LakeFeperd

Spark the electric jester
    Thanks for everything guys, even though it was just mere luck.
    I'm really glad someone actually took his time to make an article about my second game on one of the internet's greates sites, and not just any article, one that was nomidated to be on the front page. For all of you that worked on it, Thank you.

About ATS though, the reason why it's being held back, it's not because it's using an old version of worlds, it's more because it's using an old version of MMF2 itself. When I upgraded it, and used in on chrono adventure, the change was drastic. The only problem was that ATS was no longer playable, some objects, such as the parallaxer, were giving me a runtime error. I tried to make an updated version of ATS once, but unfortunatly, I couldn't do it.
    I'm still interested into making sonic games, but I don't think it's viable for me to make another free game at this point. For those who still don't know or are confused, I want spark to be a commercial product, even though things aren't going really well for spark.

Trivia: Chrono adventure and spark still use the same engine as both BTS and ATS, I just did a few updates here and there.

If you guys still want a sonic fan game to play, Go check out Sonic Axion or Classic. Expecially Axion since it seens to have faded into obscurity.

@falk

I think I should feel bad for that =P
    But still, I do feel like I was pushing you guys really hard and being a total idiot a few days before the release. I'm sorry. :(

10. Falk

Falk

Music trailer: Nov 2013
    Release: June 2014

I think it was justified lol

11. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    I know, Megabump, however I was curious. I was dicking around with debug mode and on top of a lot of levels there's a lot of random garbage floating around. In the third act I believe of the hill top looking level I was jumping around the top of the screen, and then for some reason Sonic 3's Act 2 boss music starting playing. Also a number of acts seem to have the bottom half of Mecha Sonic from Sonic and Knuckles hanging around at the top of the level. What are these strange leftovers? Just curious.

12. Mr Lange

Mr Lange

A wise guy eh. I know how to DEAL with wise guys. Member
    The Land of Waldos
    Sonic Utopia, Sonic Overture
    Those are leftovers from the Sonic Worlds engine, specifically the demo stage which features Mecha Sonic as a boss and trigger zones that cue the boss sequence which also plays said boss music.

13. S0LV0

S0LV0

Sonic Generations Helpdesk Tech Member
    Spagonia
    Abusing SMPS
    Just gonna leave this here.
    http://youtu.be/YZIF3NwEdo4
    [inlinespoiler]I spent more time looking at Andy's hands than I care to admit while making this.[/inlinespoiler]
    I'll release it soon if anyone's interested, just gotta test things out a bit and implement Dynamic Difficulty shiz.
    And the reason you don't see me playing the song is because I'm not a guitar god... yet.

14. Chimera

Chimera

I'm not a furry. Tech Member
    Castlevania prettyness
    I think I love you

[inlinespoiler]I'm learning with Rocksmith so this is kind of exactly what I want. Dream come true learning this bitchin music <3[/inlinespoiler]

15. Love it. Absolutely love it.

16. Atendega

Atendega

Lesser Sea Sponge Member
    Comfy couch
    Collecting insults
    S0LV0, you wicked savage.
    + - This is amazing  

17. S0LV0

S0LV0

Spagonia
    Abusing SMPS
    Wow! Wasn't expecting that kind of positive response. Well then, I'll get this fixed up and release it.

Two questions:
    1. Would you like me to keep the chord shapes that I know Andy uses or rewrite them to use the shapes Rocksmith is more familiar with?
    2. Would you like me to release this chart now, or transcribe a few more first and release them in a pack? (I like to be organized.)

18. Chimera

Chimera

I'm not a furry. Tech Member
    Castlevania prettyness
    1- Accuracy is key so Id go with Andy's hand positions, but on the off chance his are kind of unique to him, a Rocksmith-friendlier version would also be cool if you want to be a stickler ;P could help more people of course.

2- For hype reasons I'd say release this now, release the rest in a pack.

19. S0LV0

S0LV0

Spagonia
    Abusing SMPS
    Will do. I've already done some revision and I'm going to have a more-talented guitarist (hi amphobius) test it out for me.

As for the chord shapes, this song in particular already has some "unique ones" -- it's usually a good sign of that if Rocksmith doesn't automatically have a fingering recommendation for the chord. That said, if I rewrote them I don't doubt it would require moving up and down the fretboard more, so maybe this is for the best. Besides, I think it's important to learn how to play chords in multiple ways, which I don't think Rocksmith ever really teaches you.

Expect this particular chart within the next few days.

20. S0LV0

S0LV0

Spagonia
    Abusing SMPS
    Uh... right, sorry I kind of didn't release that. I haven't figured out how to tweak the stuff that needs it yet, and I've been really busy. That's not really much of an excuse since I went and did this the other day...
    http://youtu.be/So1U2T6m75E
    The bassline is so complex you'd swear the guy who made it just edited it together or something :v:

This time I'm not promising to have it released soon - I actually want to eventually transcribe every BtS/AtS song with a live guitar/bass (yes even the imitation-live ones)

I still need to revise some fret positions here, as well as add a few hammer-ons and manual sustains. No promises on when that'll be done or whether I'll release these songs separately at all.