don't click here

Sonic Generations Hacking (and More!)

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Andrew75, Jun 23, 2011.

1. Twilightzoney, I'm not too familiar with Generations hacking. Would it be possible to change to Classic Sonic midstage with a button or something? It would rock to do the Werehog sections as Classic, who is more platforming oriented like Lanzer stated, while keeping Modern for the speedy sections.

2. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    So, out of curiosity, has anyone ever tried to add the support character abilities into normal levels? Some of them might be kind of fun and/or abusable, such as Tails' flight level, Amy's hammer boost, Vector's throw, and Charmy's wind platform thing. I don't think the other ones would be all that useful though, and god help me that Espio hookshot thing is the most broken ability in the game, and it's not broken in a good way.

Speaking of the character missions, gotta love Classic Sonic vs Charmy. "This is gonna be fun Sonic! Don't mind me, I'm just gonna try to kill you for a bit." Rouge's is like that too but least she's kinda evil.

3. Dude

Dude

Tech Member
    Southbridge, MA
    Random VR/AR trash
    Hey, does anyone still remember how to get collision from generations back into 3ds max?

4. Azu

Azu

I must be stupid. Member
    Was there ever a SA2 City Escape port to Generations?

5. The level in Generations is basically a port itself!

Also YESSSSS:

6. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    My goodness I did not realize how much I wanted this until I saw it. I want a whole port of 3D Blast now.

Is there anything native to Generations that could be used to create a similar effect to Flicky collection? The chao collection gimmick maybe?

7. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    That's actually really nicely done, pity the music track isn't as good as the level is. Hoping it too is unfinished.

8. Faseeh

Faseeh

Haha hey, I help SuperRiderTH with that thing. I haven't done much for that specific level so I decided to wait till I do something before I post about it here.

Just as a heads-up, the level layout is actually meant for Classic but just as a bonus, the level is available for Modern too. We're thinking about making a totally custom level for Modern, based on Rusty Ruins, but this will only be available after the first release... if it even happens.

I'm sorry :/ Indeed, it's old. I'll try to improve it as much as I can! I can see the flaws you're talking about.

9. Eduardo Knuckles

Eduardo Knuckles

Not a loved one, but the most hated person. Banned
    Someplace somewhere
    Project S.A.M.G.
    Hey, Faseeh! Glad to see you here, dude!

Well... The port/recreation of Rusty Ruin is looking very nice. But you guys should give a try on remaking/remixing the Saturn's version of the song (the song which runs in the first act). I'm sure Faseeh could do a nice remix of it, since he looks better than me on doing Generations-esque classic versions of songs. As a suggestion, you guys should try to make HD versions of the extra details that this level have in the saturn version, such as the animated rabbits along with the ruined floor, the fog, the rain and stuff like these.

10. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Actually, in my opinion he chose the right version of the theme to work with, it just needs a bit more work, is all. =P

11. S0LV0

S0LV0

Sonic Generations Helpdesk Tech Member
    Spagonia
    Abusing SMPS
    A 3D Blast port is an interesting idea, to say the least. If I wasn't so generally unfamiliar with both soundtracks I'd probably offer to do remixes for that sort of thing.

12. Puto

Puto

Shin'ichi Kudō, detective. Tech Member
    Portugal, Oeiras
    Part of Team Megamix, but haven't done any actual work in ages.
    Personally, I'd recommend remixing the MD song for Classic Sonic and the Saturn song for Modern Sonic, but that's just me.

13. Faseeh

Faseeh

Hey, man! Glad to see you too :P

Thanks for the nice words! Hm, yeah, we're actually going for what Puto said. Modern will get a remix of the Saturn version of the song. I do think it works better this way. Yeah, this is really early. Quite a long way to go, thanks for the feedback everybody.

14. `Ilio Huhu

`Ilio Huhu

Sonic Generations (Volcano Valley)
    After two levels hitting brick walls in development, and a lot of badgering of three people, I'm ready to talk about a mod of my own for the first time. Behold: Bridge Zone! I've only worked on modern so far, but I plan to make a level for classic Sonic, too. Still preparing garnish, but, the main obstacle course is all modelled. Here are some screenshots from 3DS Max (because my computer isn't strong enough to run Generations and a screen record program at the same time very well).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. Dude

Dude

Tech Member
    Southbridge, MA
    Random VR/AR trash
    Do we have a generations modding chat on badnik.net?

We really could use one.

16. MainMemory

MainMemory

Kate the Wolf Tech Member
    SonLVL
    I think we tried that once, but it didn't really catch on.

17. Falk

Falk

What's wrong with #retro

other than the fact that the topic is dicks 99% of the time

18. Dude

Dude

Tech Member
    Southbridge, MA
    Random VR/AR trash
    It moves too quickly to stay on topic. Any serious modding questions get lost pretty fast.

19. MainMemory

MainMemory

Kate the Wolf Tech Member
    SonLVL
    Well, nobody's using #x-hax much.

20. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Found this at SSMB: