don't click here

Sonic Classic 2

Discussion in 'Fangaming Discussion' started by Hez, Jul 21, 2011.

1. Hez

Hez

Oldbie
    It's actually picking up quite a bit. Which is good. Also have an extra spriter onboard (hopefully) too. So this should help speed up the process.

EDIT: Also a level designer. Open to another if anyone is interested

2. RetroKoH

RetroKoH

Project Sonic 8x16
    Glad to hear this. Was a fan of Classic. Looking forward to Classic 2.

3. Flare

Flare

Hey Hez,

We had seen you had mulitple Sonics assuming you were working on online play of some sort. I was wondering if you were working on local multiplayer capabilities for Classic 2?

4. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    I'm willing to give it a try, but I'd wager my level design sensibilities would be a bit different from yours.

5. Hez

Hez

Oldbie
    Both. It will work both ways.

6. Flare

Flare

Really good news, looking forward to playing this with my friends.

7. Lilly

Lilly

United States
    Shang Mu Architect
    Any chance of the first Classic getting fixed, by the way? It's hard to know what to expect from a sequel when the first game only works for the first two zones. (Something got botched in an update?) The first cutscene with Fang breaks and doesn't let you progress.

8. Hez

Hez

Oldbie
    Had no idea that was even a problem. If theres a demand I can.

9. Felik

Felik

Fixing Classic 1 would require replacing Aqua Planet with an actually playable zone :)

10. Jase

Jase

~~(_ _C^> Member
    Man this game looks like fun! What's the current status? I don't really have the time to sift through 41 pages right now, but I checked out 1,2,40,41. Hope I haven't accidently missed any demos or anything. ^^

11. Hez

Hez

Oldbie
    This is the garbage that makes me not want to do it, right here.

12. Faseeh

Faseeh

Slightly unrelated, but I just think he's making a joke.

Besides the point though. Do look at the positivity and people looking forward to this game! It'd be such a let down if you discontinued (like most fangames, very sadly). It gets hard to be motivated in those situations but then, I guess there are more people looking forward to your videos and progress!

Good luck with the project and I hope I didn't derail the topic.

I really like what I see and I can't wait to see more!

13. 360

Light Vision Overdrive Oldbie
    United Kingdom
    Sonic Neon
    I think he's just making a joke Hez. I executed a marathon through Classic 1 the night it was released and played through the entire game and thought it was fantastic, Aqua Planet included. From what I remember (and this was a long time ago) I thought Aqua Planet was really good. More than playable. Good graphics, well designed and an enjoyable zone overall. Please don't let ill-timed jokes derail you. Classic 1 was great and everyone is looking forward to Classic 2.

14. Hez

Hez

Oldbie
    I'm not killing SC2. I just wasn't sure if people wanted me to divert time to fixing SC1 stuff. SC1 will be in SC2, with fixes in place. I can do 1 for a week or so if it's worth it?

15. If it's only the most recent version that has problems, couldn't you just upload a prior version of the game as a short-term solution until SC2 is finished? If I remember right, the game was completed and fully working before you started updating to include widescreen. I wouldn't mind re-downloading the original resolution. (I'd still have a copy, but my old computer broke and I never got to downloading a version for this computer I'm using.)

16. winterhell

winterhell

if Classic 2 superseeds 1 and fixing the bugs in 1 would take extra time then I'd prefer to wait for 2.

17. Hez

Hez

Oldbie
    It does. It does a lot. It may be worth doing both due to the level layout changes too. I'm not talking HUGE layout changes, but minor ones to make the levels flow better. Think Oil Ocean beta >>> Oil Ocean Final. Same basics, bit different.

18. 360

Light Vision Overdrive Oldbie
    United Kingdom
    Sonic Neon
    As always your work ethic and determination is ridiculous Hez. Extremely impressive. I'd personally love the ability to play a new and improved Classic 1 if you're planning to add some extra polish. It would give me a reason to marathon through the game again. If it's going to be included with Classic 2 then that's even better.

Any chance of a demo of Classic 2 prior to the game's release? For example the first zone or something like that?

19. Hez

Hez

Oldbie
    I plan on releasing a demo. I want it to be near completion before I do. I've never cared for early demo's showing a game that changes so much compared to the final. What you play is what you're going to get.

And as big as game this is, you'll get far more than 1 level :P

20. Falk

Falk

You better not have replaced AoSTH robotnik boss music or I will find you irl and stab you with a grenade launcher.