don't click here

Sonic Generations Hacking (and More!)

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Andrew75, Jun 23, 2011.

1. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    I thought "he" was a she.

Good work so far S0LV0.

2. S0LV0

S0LV0

Sonic Generations Helpdesk Tech Member
    Spagonia
    Abusing SMPS
    Gender confusion is always fun :specialed:

Anyway, yeah. Depending on how reception pans out, I really do want to expand into giving Unleashed Project a full and official representation of every additional stage. It'll be a great learning experience, not to mention a fun challenge.

[inlinespoiler]Also, they're putting all of those Adventure Pack ports into the Hacking Contest... *shudder*[/inlinespoiler]

3. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    If you are up to the task I would love to see all the Unleashed Day levels released in, well, good form.

4. S0LV0

S0LV0

Spagonia
    Abusing SMPS
    At the moment I'm relaxing from my nonstop work week on that demo and working on things in no particular order. Here's an early screen of Jungle Joyride Act 1-2 for example.[​IMG]
    (I know it doesn't show a whole lot, but the whole stage needs tons of work to be presentable.)

5. Lobotomy

Lobotomy

35% Cognac Banned
    Traverse City
    Project: Matter/Energy
    Hey, if you want me to retexture Unleashed some more, I still have a lot of textures for the original Unleashed Project that I never included.

6. S0LV0

S0LV0

Spagonia
    Abusing SMPS
    That would be amazing! I'll send you my contact details.

7. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jm-phDPsQ44

Wow! This looks like an incredible Tails Mod. Important note though, he didn't make it, he just tweaked someone else's mod.

8. Ell678

Ell678

Am I Annoying You? Member
    Barrow, England
    Sonic Incursion
    That does look rather cool. I'l definitely play his Sonic 06 mod if Tails is also playable.

9. S0LV0

S0LV0

Spagonia
    Abusing SMPS
    You mean brianuuuSonic took someone else's hard work and just tweaked it for his own needs? Surely you jest!

edit: Think I'm joking? Look.
    [​IMG]

10. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    Looks like he made him control like Tails in Sonic 2006. Also he put "Best *blank* ever" in the thumbnail to gain attention. Pass.

11. Arcieo

Arcieo

Adabat Adventure Pack mod
    Just for fun.
    http://youtu.be/Pnw5QW0ahcI

12. Metal Knuckles

Metal Knuckles

HAVE SOME FUN WITH MIKU Member
    New Hampshire, USA
    Shadow Alpha, an awesome hack of Sonic 1
    Jesus S0LV0, we get it. You have a hard on for hating this guy. Now please stop trying to convince us that he's a piece of shit at every opportunity.

13. S0LV0

S0LV0

Spagonia
    Abusing SMPS
    I'm far from the only one annoyed by this guy, so you can calm down with that. Please and thank you.

14. winterhell

winterhell

You know, he's put credits out there for a reason. It means 'oh by the way I'm using work done by these guys'. He never said he's doing the whole project entirely by himself, and it doesn't seem like the credited people mind all of this. Only when you point out to people's work that he didn't credit/have permission then you'd have an argument.

15. S0LV0

S0LV0

Spagonia
    Abusing SMPS
    He's had permission for neither the Tails mod he most recently used, nor the Blaze mod in his "Sonic 06 Ultimate Pack," that being a case where he was denied permission and chose to take it anyway.

He also took Dario's ice block model without giving credit in one of his Sonic 06 mod revisions, before being called out on it.

16. Iggy for Short

Iggy for Short

Guys, we can all calm down now. His account got terminated.

...No, seriously, see for yourself.

17. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    Ok he's a meany. I'm getting tired of the shtick, dude, and I'm not alone. Be the bigger person and just let it go, please.

18. S0LV0

S0LV0

Spagonia
    Abusing SMPS
    Contrary to how it may seem, I don't spend all of my time openly bashing this guy. I wasn't the one to bring him up in the last page, I only added my opinion on the matter. Abrasive though it may have been, no one made a big deal of it until Metal Knuckles decided to call me out just now.

That said, yeah; his channel apparently went down, so there's no real point making a discussion of it anymore. We can get back to focusing on, you know, mods. At long last.

19. Iggy for Short

Iggy for Short

Hear, hear! Speaking of which...

Pardon my ignorance, but... what is this from?

20. It's from Sonic 2006, one of the town mission stages, IIRC.