don't click here

3 Game Gear Prototypes acquired - Thanks to everyone :)

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Orengefox, Jul 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    It actually reads like a David the Lurker piece =P

2. minichapman

minichapman

I'd like to think I'll be imparting words of wisdo Member
    United Kingdom
    Staying sane.
    I don't know about you guys, but I personally enjoyed Sonic Tedious. *shot*

3. Kat

Kat

Oldbie
    How much is needed for Sonic Labyrinth?

4. Orengefox

Orengefox

Snooping as usual... Researcher
    Right in front of my computer.
    Some artwork, a ZZT game, and a hack.
    Well, the negotiations have been made. The seller will happily sell the Sonic Labyrinth 3/25 Prototype for $600 + $50 shipping. The original price for the prototype would have been more. The shipping is even at a discount because I paid a lot to have the Sonic 2 GG Auto Demo Prototype shipped out :)

He's even happy to sell me the Tails Adventure Review Prototype for $600 including shipping (again, the original price would have been more) if I buy both prototypes in one transaction. Obviously the one we've got our sights set on is that Sonic Labyrinth 3/25 Prototype.

Due to the overflow of donations from when we were trying to get the Sonic 2 GG Auto Demo Prototype, we've actually made $300 in donations already for the Sonic Labyrinth 3/25 Prototype. We're half ways there folks! Well done! All we need now is $350 in donations. Again, any contributions will be greatly appreciated.

5. Ravenfreak

Ravenfreak

2 Edgy 4 U Tech Member
    O'Fallon Mo
    Sonic 1 Game Gear Disassembly
    I'm glad my $5 helped, can't wait to see the Sonic Labyrinth proto as well since I've been hacking that here and there lately... :v: I've never actually played Tails Adventure before though but I look forward to seeing the review prototype. :) Also I actually enjoy Sonic Labyrinth, guess I'm one of the few who does though. xP

6. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    I'm with you on that one. :V

7. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    If sonic was faster and the sprite didn't shake so much when walking it would have been a lot better game

8. MarkeyJester

MarkeyJester

Original, No substitute Resident Jester
    Japan
    I've donated $200 dollars for (and only for) the Sonic Labyrinth proto. I have no interest for Tails' adventure.

There is a certain appeal towards labyrinth, that not many people notice.

9. Orengefox

Orengefox

We've now reached $525 for the Sonic Labyrinth 3/25 Prototype. We're nearly there now! Just $125 more to go! Let's aim to finish this off now ;)

10. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    Make that $105 left. :)

11. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    Gosh, Markey Jester!

Orenge, why don't you give him the S2 proto after it's dumped? He paid $500 in donations, which covers the $400+$80 price it cost you.

12. Orengefox

Orengefox

I think it's only fair that MarkeyJester gets to pick one prototype from out of the two to keep because he was one of the top contributors. I'll have a word with him about it.

Guys and gals, the Sonic 2 GG Auto Demo Prototype has arrived. Feast your eyes on what we've accomplished!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLEV5-bDkmg

You'll have to excuse the video quality along with the sound being out of sync. I tried to capturing the video as well as syncing up the sound as best as possible. None of the Game Gears Jen and I have work. I had to use one for the video and one for the sound. I'll shall be working on putting something together to get this dumped as soon as possible.

Guys, I think we ought to get that Sonic Labyrinth 3/25 Prototype if this is the sort of prototype-ish stuff we'll be getting. It's like a gold mine this is.

We've now reached $565 for the Sonic Labyrinth 3/25 Prototype. Just $85 more to go! Let's make it happen!

You can send the donations (via PayPal) to this email: [email protected]

13. doc eggfan

doc eggfan

Are you pondering what I'm pondering? Wiki Sysop
    ACT
    GreatMegaLD, GreatSC3k, Great SG1k
    OH GOD YES! Even a new BGM too! I wonder how many other assets are locked away in the code and not shown as part of the demo.

I'll check my bank balances tomorrow, I can probably wrangle another $85, especially after payday this Thursday.

14. Cinossu

Cinossu

Administrator
    London, UK
    Sonic the Hedgehog Extended Edition
    Just sent the remaining $85; let's get that Labyrinth proto. :v:

15. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    T-Trippuru Wammy?

16. MarkeyJester

MarkeyJester

Original, No substitute Resident Jester
    Japan
    Absolutely awesome! We now have a genuine Sonic 2 GG prototype! I can't wait to obtain a software copy of the ROM and start disassembling it... Who knows what hidden goodies reside around the binary data in these carts.

That's rather considerate of you, I really appreciate that, but I have to decline. Orenge put a lot of hard work in tracking these down and negotiating, and the fact that the first prototype we have redeems true to its name, shows that his judgement was on the spot entirely, and people should not underestimate his capabilities. It is also an understanding here, that our scene is built on the very idea of obtaining prototypes and examining them to a thorough level. We work together, as a community, to obtain a rich public library of rare information, and thus have created some form of culture. And honestly, I'd be happier if Orenge kept the carts.

17. Andrew75

Andrew75

Technical Artist Member
    Project AXSX(Sonic Xtreme) + Misc Projects
    The game gear protos are kick ass and all , but If we got a new Sonic CD proto I'd literally donate 1000 bucks for that !

18. GerbilSoft

GerbilSoft

RickRotate'd. Administrator
    USA
    rom-properties
  19. doc eggfan

doc eggfan

Are you pondering what I'm pondering? Wiki Sysop
    ACT
    GreatMegaLD, GreatSC3k, Great SG1k
    I'm sure this goes without saying, but make sure that EPROM is kept cold, dry, safe and out of direct sunlight until it gets dumped.

20. Glitch

Glitch

Tech Member
    Today is a holy day for us 8-bit hackers. I can't wait to get my hands on that ROM.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.