don't click here

Sonic & All-Stars Racing: Transformed

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Saidian, Feb 12, 2012.

Which version will you be getting?

1. Xbox 360

61 vote(s)
    27.0%
  2. PlayStation 3

43 vote(s)
    19.0%
  3. Wii U

52 vote(s)
    23.0%
  4. Nintendo 3DS

23 vote(s)
    10.2%
  5. PlayStation Vita

12 vote(s)
    5.3%
  6. PC

116 vote(s)
    51.3%
  7. iOS

4 vote(s)
    1.8%
  8. Android

4 vote(s)
    1.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Yeah, it's a decent port. Well worth it for ASRT on the go.

Try and get the LE if you can find it as well, as it has some additional bits over the regular one, which is starting to be more common now.

2. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    Well then. :specialed:

The DLC is 75% off as well.

3. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    If for some reason you don't have it, get the hell on it. The whole package is basically $8. Less if you're vehemently against Yogscast.

4. Cooljerk

Cooljerk

NotEqual Tech, Inc - VR & Game Dev Oldbie
    Man I unlocked AGES in the Xbox 360 version, but I still haven't done it in the PC version. I need to get on that.... but damn I'm not looking forward to redoing some of those S-class rankings.

5. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    Yea, I haven't replayed World Tour since getting all the A-rankings. Those S-rankings are fucked up.

6. Cooljerk

Cooljerk

NotEqual Tech, Inc - VR & Game Dev Oldbie
    I never got all the A-Rankings, I unlocked AGES with a combination of many A-Rankings and some S-Rankings to make up for the A-Rankings I didn't accomplish, ha.

7. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    The PC version (and the console versions) were all nerfed because some people found certain S Class missions too hard. They now reflect the much easier variants from the Vita version.

You'll still likely have some pains-in-the-ass like battle races (Billy Hatcher stage, for example), but the traffic attacks are MUCH easier.

8. Saidian

Saidian

England
    Blast From The Fast (Fangame)
    Huh, £20 cheaper on Amazon than official store. I can live with buying from the evil Amazon once or twice (even after working a crappy xmas period at a warehouse in '010)

9. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    What? Then my 100% 360 save has taken on even MORE sentimental value!

10. Ashura96

Ashura96

HEROIC VERSE Oldbie
    So um, I just got this on iOS, and after completing a race I am unable to continue, as it is stuck on perpetual replay/autodrive with no menu options appearing...

11. Chris Highwind

Chris Highwind

Statesville, NC
    Slacking
    I got this on iOS as well...meh. Too much pay2win for my tastes. I can get all the content on my Vita for free with only a smaller screen.

12. Ashura96

Ashura96

HEROIC VERSE Oldbie
    Bump.

I can't find any solutions or mention of this problem.

13. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    Not to sound like a smartass, but have you force closed the app and re-opened it? Maybe even delete the app and re-install it? Not sure what else you could do for that.

14. Ashura96

Ashura96

HEROIC VERSE Oldbie

Hurr you think?

Force close is the only way to "continue" which at the very least saves my progress.

Deleting and re-installing (which takes forever) did the trick though.

15. Ashura96

Ashura96

HEROIC VERSE Oldbie
    ...and now the glitch has happened again. It seems to happen after I "signed in" so I can view friends rankings...as if I even had time to get friends on this game.

16. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    Hurr, how could I not have known, with this thing that has not happened to me in the game I do not own, alongside the information which you did not provide initially? Guess you're stuck then bro

17. MartiusR

MartiusR

I've recently decided for a change from Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing to its "improved form". And I know, that it's rather common opinion, that Transformed is better in (almost) every aspect, but I must admit... That I liked more "previous" form (played in both on PC). I agree, that it's awfully optimized (I almost never had serious decreasing of smoothness during playing in Transformed, while "classic" made me sometimes unpleasant surprises in this case) and lack of possibility to configure your control is something uncomfortable, but still - I liked more almost everything in Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing. It was for sure more "sonic-oriented" game (funny thing, I have played in Sonic Heroes after this game, so I've encountered some great music from SH before playing in this title :)/>), I liked more the tracks, the music, appearance of vehicles (especiallly Shadow's motorbike), not to mention that drifting & turbo were much easier in usage. But well, after I've showed to my siblings Transformed, they don't want to go back to previous part :(/> And in some way I'm also playing less in this one - these slowing downs are not too often (in fact they're quite rare), but still it's bothering in this kind of game, not to mention that it's always funnier to play in such games with someone alive, not with AI.

But anyway, I must admit, that makers of Transformed are deserving for big plus. At least for fantasy - the characters like Shogun, Ralph the Wreckage or Team Fortress (Pyro&Heavy&Spy) are for sure nice and funny addition to this part.

18. Covarr

Covarr

Sentient Cash Register Member
    Trapped in my own thoughts.
    Two stageplays, a screenplay, and an album
    The reason people tend to prefer Transformed has precious little to do with content, and everything to do with game mechanics and balance. Transformed has something most racing games are afraid of: a heavy emphasis of skill over luck. It can be damn hard at times, but it never gives that feeling of cheating AI, overpowered items, or any of the other common frustrations that are intended to "level the playing field" but usually just punish skill and reward ineptitude. S&ASRT is like the Counter-Strike to S&SASR's Call of Duty. It's not even so much that it's a better game, but it's a significantly more technical game, which is really appreciated in this genre because it's so rare.

Well that, and S&SASR's more traditional Mario Kart-esque play style opens it up to comparisons to Mario Kart, where it pretty readily loses. Deviating from MK was a smart move, as it gives Transformed more of a reason to exist.

19. MartiusR

MartiusR

You know Covarr, I haven't thought about these technical aspects (mechanics & balance you've mentioned), although maybe it didn't catch my attention, because I haven't played in too many games of such type. Toon Car and these two racing games (S&SASR and Transformed) and that's all (well, I've played a bit in Mario Kart on 64). Well, I can't say that anything from mechanics* is unpleasant for me in Transformed, I rather miss many things from "prequel's" content.

*OK, there is one thing - "drifting & turbo" - in "prequel" you've needed less time to catch even first level of boost, I must admit that it's a bit hard to change habits, I've noticed that I'm using "drift-turbo" not so often as in "prequel".

20. KingOfBunnies

KingOfBunnies

So I know this thread is super old, and I'm bumping it, but I have some questions regarding the game since I've had a good enough PC to play it for 8 months.

Why are Traffic Attacks the worst part of this game? I'm playing through them on S-Rank and the Police cars drive me up a wall. I'm good at the game, but those cop cars can just get behind you in seconds if you're not ready.

Is there really no more DLC? There was that poll, but was there really nothing? It's been 3 years since the game came out, so maybe this is a dumb question, but if the Yogscast DLC was really the last one released, that is so disappointing. Like, they put in some Youtube nobody over Segata Sanshiro.