don't click here

Sonic & All-Stars Racing: Transformed

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Saidian, Feb 12, 2012.

Which version will you be getting?

1. Xbox 360

61 vote(s)
    27.0%
  2. PlayStation 3

43 vote(s)
    19.0%
  3. Wii U

52 vote(s)
    23.0%
  4. Nintendo 3DS

23 vote(s)
    10.2%
  5. PlayStation Vita

12 vote(s)
    5.3%
  6. PC

116 vote(s)
    51.3%
  7. iOS

4 vote(s)
    1.8%
  8. Android

4 vote(s)
    1.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Can your ears even tell?

2. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    I have Vulcan ears. :colbert:

3. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    Wtf they messed up on a LOT of song intros o.o

4. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    In hindsight I guess it was a little silly to fear it wouldn't have a complete track list but this is assuring to see regardless. Can't wait for my copy to get here so I can pop it in my car

5. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    Track List looks great, it even has the opening music from SaSASR. The ending music isn't there though. Is it because they would have had to pay that guy or because it was released as a single already (That happened, right?)?

EDIT: Wait. By "Opening", does it mean the CG intro music from the first game or the menu music? Because the first game only had three original tracks if I recall.

6. Yep, got released as a single.

http://vgmdb.net/album/17160

7. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    I've said this before, but that filehost is so awful. I'm not passing social media connections in just to download an OST I have almost every track of already via the existing soundrip (no disrespect to your effort of putting it up, though). Anyone willing to just put Egg Hangar up?

8. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    You can also just sign up at the site too

Not trying to be rude and I understand not wanting to do that either

9. I've updated the download link because our dear Overlord just can't be assed to make a fake account. :colbert:/>

10. Overlord

Overlord

Long-term happiness
    Muchos gracias. =P

11. ELS

ELS

Thank you so much man. Artwork and everything.

Very nice.

12. S0L

S0L

Can I have a whine that I spent months making this soundtrack happen based on loads of player requests and you've put up a free version of it?

That's really not cool. It's not even been out a month. For shame.

---
    S0L

13. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    For anyone who doesn't remember: S0L is Steve Lycett, The executive producer of this game.

So uh, yeah, this is awkward. :X

14. GeneHF

GeneHF

Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    At his request, I've removed the links to the soundtrack. Not like you shouldn't give it a purchase anyway since it was a fine OST (though one that could be much better with Takenobu Mitsuyoshi restored in Burning Rangers :v: ) and it's reasonably affordable unlike the typical multi-disc releases.

That said, it'd be less of a problem if it wasn't Japan-only for a physical copy, since not all of us like using iTunes...

15. Cinossu

Cinossu

Administrator
    London, UK
    Sonic the Hedgehog Extended Edition
    Unfortunately, no matter where you go and what lengths you take, these things will happen. Those that care and can will pay for it, however. I intend to when my paycheck comes in. Removing the links is the least we can do.

Come on guys, try to be at least a little respectful to these people. :P

16. Falk

Falk

That's -the- slippery slope where respecting people's IP and effort is concerned. Just because everyone else figures it's ok that way doesn't make it any less wrong as far as one's personal conviction goes.

17. GeneHF

GeneHF

Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    So, this brings up a discussion point I've actually had circling in my head for a while: why don't SoA and SoE offer limited releases of physical copies directly through them? Like, we know both have their own online Sonic stores. When SoA (by way of Jun Senoue) was offering 100 signed copies of the Generations OST for $50, I absolutely went in and the offer basically sold out in about an hour or two.

Again, I go with the not all of us like or even use iTunes argument, but the demand is certainly there from the fans who'd like to own the physical soundtracks without paying to fly them in from Japan or Hong Kong.

I submit for evidence Play-Asia's page for the soundtrack, currently on backorder. It's a lucrative market I'm surprised the Western branches aren't taking advantage of for some easy moneys and traffic to those derelict Sonic shop sites.

18. Cinossu

Cinossu

Administrator
    London, UK
    Oh I know; I'm not saying it's right at all, just that they get through the net every now and then. All we can do at this point is cleanup on aisle 4.

19. Overlord

Overlord

Long-term happiness
    Yeah, I'd quite happily go for that. Personally paid a price that was in all honestly probably a little over the odds (but eh) for the Generations signed OST when Jun was selling them. Not willing to indirectly give Apple a penny. Even digital MP3s on Amazon (or ANYONE else) would be a start rather than a single monopolistic provider.

20. Cinossu

Cinossu

Administrator
    London, UK
    Isn't this what is happening right now with the Pokemon soundtracks? Those were out for a long time, and finally they are getting digital, western releases. I wonder what the sales figures are like on them, as an example.