don't click here

Sonic CD now out for everything except Nintendo consoles

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, Aug 22, 2011.

1. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

"Our Life is More than a Side-Effect" Member
    From what there is, it looks like it would have been a fantastic level! I love how much more open it is compared to the other levels in CD. Feels more like a Sonic 2/3 level, and that's definitely a good thing! A shame it couldn't be implemented :(

2. Sappharad

Sappharad

Oldbie
    Yeah, they probably just had a complete folder with all assets and packed up the entire folder instead of pulling out the files that weren't supposed to be there first. Based on Taxman's comment, I'll assume that it's not possible to access with a code and stop looking.

Here is an ad-free mirror of the XDelta patch that "You-Are-Pwned" posted above:
    http://www.sappharad.com/junk/dazzle.dat
    Changed extension to .dat because that's a more common extension for XDelta patches. (And MultiPatch for OSX expects .dat or .xdelta as the extension for those)

The palette flashing doesn't happen for me, but I also replaced the bytecode files. You're not really missing anything with the PPZ replacement, because the level itself is identical either way.

3. You-Are-Pwned

You-Are-Pwned

Here are some shots from the Final Fever port as well:

[​IMG]

4. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    Is the boss in there?

5. I'm glad we got to see what was done-- this was an unexpected treat!

6. Sappharad

Sappharad

Oldbie
    The pictures probably cover everything there is to see. If you check out the level map I posted yesterday, the level is only 1024 pixels wide with just that flat ground below you. It basically wasn't even started.

7. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    If anything, what with the ideas of Desert Dazzle, the look of Egg Gauntlet (not so much the boss rush idea), and the idea for Final Frenzy, I do hope that at some point they'll have enough confidence in Team Stealth-Tax (Christian Headcannon sounds sillier) to let them have a crack at an original title with these stages implemented.

8. Falk

Falk

Are you simply Master Ruseman leaking something you already know

:ruby:

9. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

"Our Life is More than a Side-Effect" Member
    You're getting my hopes up. Hope it isn't for nothing :ohdear:

10. Lambda

Lambda

I've been thinking about this for a while, and I would be crushed if this wasn't the case... Playing Hidden Palace Zone showed me how creative and skilled these two are. Itwas the best classic-style Sonic level I've played in years, chock full of new ideas.

11. Sparks

Sparks

Sondro Gomez / Kyle & Lucy
    Seeing new pixel art for a Genesis style Sonic level (in its.. sorta entirety) really tickles my nostalgia.

Gotta love how the community is going full circle thanks to Taxman. :v:/>

12. Vangar

Vangar

If they are worried about ruining the original 'vision' of the games I would suggest a 'classic' and 'remix' modes that would toggle the extra levels and features.

13. GeneHF

GeneHF

Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    :ruby:

But no. It's just my saddened dream that probably won't happen because :specialed:

14. Tanks

Tanks

I know Tax revealed the level concept before, but I'm just now seeing this... Are those graphics Crackers inspired? I'm starting to see the trend considering we just made that connection with Sonic 2's Egg Gauntlet Zone.

15. Retroman

Retroman

Oh my gosh! This!

My nostalgia has a hard-on but where are the enemies?

16. Mr Lange

Mr Lange

A wise guy eh. I know how to DEAL with wise guys. Member
    The Land of Waldos
    Sonic Utopia, Sonic Overture
    WINK.

I'd ask for this to be finished but I'm sure it's not going to ever happen.

17. E-122-Psi

E-122-Psi

Well we had James Pond endorsing Penguin biscuits. :P

18. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

I do have to wonder what the different Time Zones for Desert Dazzle would have looked like. Could any light be shed on this?

19. GeneHF

GeneHF

Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    Let's have a look at the different states of Little Planet.

http://www.spriters-resource.com/genesis_32x_scd/soniccd/sheet/25625/

While obviously Tax may have had different plans:

Good Future: a more verdant desert, so vegetation and some water. Think of how most of the natural good futures tend to signal the harmonic balance of nature and technology.

Bad Future: mechanized, possibly in ruins. This is where I think trying to echo the original R2 concept might have worked best.

Past: I'm not really sure how you could depict a desert in pre-historic times differently. Maybe a more naturally verdant area (instead of verdant w/ tech like the good future)

20. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    With water everywhere in the background. Like a large lake with several pretty waterfalls going down that cliff face.