don't click here

Sonic 1 and 2 getting the Sonic CD treatment by Taxman and Stealth

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, Mar 27, 2013.

1. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    Just saying, that interview reads 1:1 with ICEKnight's and nothing you claimed before even shows up.

In the future, please do not go throwing around opinions or assumptions as facts. Trying to get a straight story out of SEGA is already annoying enough.

2. Scarred Sun

Scarred Sun

Be who you needed when you were younger Administrator
    Tower 8 ️
    Welp, this.
    Oh, geez Louise.

I wasn't going to say anything, but the easiest way to get people to stop cornering you is to say what's really up and then have everyone move on with their collective lives.

3. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    Backing up what SS said, the best way to help is to show definitive proof. Doing that keeps everything short and to the point, which is always the better option.

In other words, 15824/3956*(1+0) is 4, but so is 2+2.

4. So uhh, how about those chances of Sonic 1 and 2 appearing elsewhere?

5. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    Every time someone asks, SEGA delays it by a week.

6. Travelsonic

Travelsonic

Jesus H. Fucking Christ, what kind of a shitstorm of arguing did I inadvertently contribute to with my commenting on the HPZ music situation on top of the already existing comments on the matter? :specialed:

I dunno, but stating officially something is cannonically "the track" when there is doubt, factual conflicts, etc - and uncertainty - as opposed to a "this is what we think is canon" - just rubs me the wrong way. Doesn't take away from the fact the game was well done, and awesomely remade/ported... just ... I dunno...

7. RetroKoH

RetroKoH

Project Sonic 8x16
    If the music topic never comes up again... I'll be pleased. Now... let's feverishly speculate on whether or not Sonic 3K will be given the Tax/Stealth treatment. I'm leaning towards obviously... but the old Sonic 4 situation makes me cautious

8. Sparks

Sparks

Sondro Gomez / Kyle & Lucy
    Here I was hoping that four new pages of discussion meant we had an update on the Sonic 3K ports.

9. Falk

Falk

:retro:

10. GeneHF

GeneHF

Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    That'd get its own topic or the title updated.

11. Laura

Laura

Brightened Eyes Member
    So, I contacted Insomniac again and learned Craig hasn't been an employee for 9 years!

[​IMG]

Where do you reckon he could have gone? I've forgotten his address I got initially (he probably doesn't have it anymore anyway).

12. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    That's not exactly new news. He hasn't been credited for any Insomniac game, or any video game for that matter, since Ratchet Deadlocked/Gladiator. It seems like he just left the game industry.

13. Black Squirrel

Black Squirrel

no reverse gear Wiki Sysop
    Northumberland, UK
    steamboat wiki
    Maybe I'm just old school but... maybe it's not a good idea for individuals to haunt old developers? There's been situations where people have been effectively scared off by rogue fans with lists of asinine questions. The more accepted method was to send someone off with pre-prepared questions to represent a community at large, so wires aren't crossed and time isn't wasted.

Emails conversations are probably a terrible way to do things in 2014 anyway, because you can't really convey mood and work out whether the person confidently knows the answers to questions. The "DESERT ZONE/Dust Hill" naming debacle a few years back for example - would have been smoother if Skype had existed when that Brenda Ross interview was conducted.

14. Laura

Laura

Brightened Eyes Member
    I've already talked to these guys, no worries

15. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    When was the last time you talked to them? And on what terms? I mean, you didn't know that Craig had stopped working at Insomniac nearly a decade ago. Who says he even remembers who you are, or cares?

I get that you're trying to help, but we have guys and gals here that have been doing this whole research thing a lot longer than you have. Pool your resources with them, don't try to do this by yourself.

16. GeneHF

GeneHF

Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    Glorious Okeiji is the go to guy anyway. Going rogue out of some self-gratifying agenda as Aerosol said only complicates things for everyone else.

17. Cooljerk

Cooljerk

NotEqual Tech, Inc - VR & Game Dev Oldbie
    I refuse to consider these ports accurate until they bring back Ashura the Hedgehog.

18. Bartman3010

Bartman3010

Site Staff
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNdmUW0YgZk

Gah, this bug in Chemical Planet happened again. I guess if people try to teleport in those pipes, it seems to act up.

19. Ashura96

Ashura96

HEROIC VERSE Oldbie
    What a troll of a bug, I thought you were at least gonna finish the level first.

20. NiktheGreek

NiktheGreek

Grumpy old bastard Oldbie
    Writing for the best video game magazine in the world
    I can tell you that while we prefer to do interviews face to face or by phone, the majority of interviews seen in Retro Gamer magazine are conducted by email. Our interviewees most frequently choose to be interviewed by email, as it is the most flexible method of being interviewed - they can choose to reply when it's best for them.