don't click here

Archie Sonic Comic Megathread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Dark Sonic, Jan 27, 2011.

1. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    I thought the exact same thing.

I think everyone will think the exact same thing.

2. 25 years? Really? Wow, I feel old now.

Though, SSSM#12 is certainly giving me a StC vibe. I know it won't have any of those reprints, but still.

As for the SU issue, I knew that it was going to be Chip that they found/ran into. I *wanted* it to end up being someone else, but it *is* an Unleashed adaptation. Now, I'm interested to know how his meeting with Sonic will go, since that friendship was a major part of the whole game's story.

I like the Monster-Movie variant for 262, but I doubt I'll pick it up. It'd make an entertaining poster, I suppose, but. I dunno. I guess it's more that I like the *concept* than the execution.

3. Dr. Corndog

Dr. Corndog

That's the very first thing I thought of when I saw your post. I had check the original to see whether I was missing out on some joke or something.

4. Tylinos

Tylinos

5. Dr. Corndog

Dr. Corndog

Quick question: does anyone have any idea whether the Sonic collector sets on Archie's website ever go back in stock? I'm doubtful, but I'm hanging onto a small shred of hope.

6. Azu

Azu

I must be stupid. Member
    These what you're talkin' about?
    http://archiecomics.stores.yahoo.net/sohecose.html

7. Pyrosaur

Pyrosaur

Lolzerz.
    https://twitter.com/IanFlynnBKC/status/455714557403488256

Lost Hedgehog Tales rough draft completed. :D

8. Dr. Corndog

Dr. Corndog

Yeah, those. The first one is sold out, though ypu can't tell unless you click on it. I've pretty much resigned myself to scouring comic shops for those issues at this point.

I hope that that set's been out of stock for some weeks or months and I just haven't noticed. I'll kick myself if it ran out just before I decided to buy it because I was waiting on some sale to come along.

9. Tylinos

Tylinos

In other news, Linkara announced he's reviewing another Sonic comic sometime this summer. If it isn't the Image crossover, I'll be shocked.

10. SomeSortOfRobot

SomeSortOfRobot

Mid-Southern US
    http://legendoflucy.com
    I wish I could say that.
    I honestly thought it was an erect penis.

11. Felik

Felik

Darn you! Now I can not unsee it!

12. Tylinos

Tylinos

The alternate ending Universe 62 variant is out in stores, and, um... What?
    [​IMG]

EDIT: Full version:
    [​IMG]

13. Mecha Sally

Mecha Sally

Oldbie
    I'd like to know if he's aware of the whole Ken Penders mess, the result of said mess, and what his thoughts are on it. If he does the Image crossover I could see him mentioning it in some form since Penders was the guy that made that crossover happen in the first place.

14. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    :D
    Yesssssssss!!!! I was so afraid they gave Snively the boot, and nice touch giving him the ol Julian name. Still wish they could use the name Robotnik though. I like the Heisenberg look they gave him too

They got rid of those hairs that he obsessed over though

15. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    [​IMG]

Also, Ian had alittle chat on twitter about this and reveals that he isn't related to a certain doctor anymore:
    [​IMG]

Hmm...is Snivley the same one? remember he survived the first Genesis wave with his memories in tact and he was in an egg container when the second Genesis happened that should've protected him from any memory changing effects.

Perhaps this is a ruse?

16. BlackHole

BlackHole

You're going to need MORE than help. Member
    England
    Complaining
    Do remember they learned the entire multiverse collapsed through Robotnik's actions. I doubt any amount of protection would keep a person safe from that and even then, Robotnik confirmed that they're being completely assimilated into the new Archenesis Verse (#256 "Even our molecular make-up was changed to match our new histories") and only he, Orbot, Cubot and Sonic retained their memories of the old world long enough to do anything with them, probably because they were at Ground Zero.

In short: Snively's his own man now.

17. The KKM

The KKM

Welcome to the nExt level Member
    Portugal
    IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog comic books
    New Sonic Universe is out, here's the write-up.

The issue begins with the world shattering as Knuckles, in panic, wonders why his island is sideways. As Knuckles ponders what's happening, Chaos ejects out of the Master Emerald off into the shattered planet, and a pink etherial speech balloon comes out of it (so I'm assuming it's Tikal) saying that while the planet shattering is normal, the way it's happening is wrong- there's supposed to be a spirit helping in the scenario, but something's gone awry.
    Tikal believes the spirit has manifested anyways, but is probably weak and unable to help, so Knuckles plans to head off into the surface and find the spirit so it and Tikal can do what they have to do. However, as he'll need someone to guard the Master Emerald, he goes asking help to...

Relic the Pica, (Adventuring Archaeologist), and Fixit (Ancient Robot Helper [looking like a legless Emerl with a backpack and cap]), are in the Launch Base Zone. Relic is trying to use the ancient technology to contact the surface, to no success, so she starts babbling about how "I was already attemptng to see if there were any ancient data logs that might shed some light on Fixit here. But it seems Eggman overwrote most of the data when we landed, Fixit doesn't know what to do with it, and I'm ghastly at computers..."

Relic asks if the Island is in danger, mentioning that experiencing it falling into the ocean was terrifying enough (with the caption box referring to Sonic Adventure 2, so it seems Relic has been on the Island for a good while), to which Knuckles interrupts to meekly admit he needed her help to watch over the Master Emerald. Relic agrees, so we cut to...

Days later, on Pumpkin Hill, Knuckles is pondering to himself how finding this spirit should not be this hard, even though his speciality is finding treasure, not spirits. As he lands on a graveyard however, Gaia monsters start spawning behind him. We get a nice fight scene, and then the Chaotix appear of a sudden! With Vector trying to play it as a cool resuce (but having his style cut by some monsters), the Chaotix and Knuckles quickly end the monsters.

Knuckles and the Chaotix compare notes, with Espio wondering who's guarding the Master Emerald- Mighty and Ray are off on another adventure (implying they've also guarded the ME in the past), to which Knuckles mentions they haven't met her yet- leading to Vector attempting a whole "WHOO-HOO KNUCKLES HAS A GIRL?" moment that's cut by Knuckles' stare.

Vector explains they were hired by Princess Sally to get the Chaos Emeralds and help save the world, and Knuckles agrees to help them since he can feel the Emerald's powers and also concludes the spirit will likely also be drawn to them. Knuckles senses the Emerald is near, and moving South, to which the Chaotix get very alarmed (Do you think they beat us to it?!). Espio explains as they run that they've discovered Eggman is too busy with the shattered world to search for the Emeralds, so he hired mercenaries. Also, as Knuckles glides away, Charmy takes Vector and Espio flying- using the ring-links from Chaotix!

Charmy is spooked by the idea of ghosts in the zone and drops Espio and Vector, but Knuckles picks them up as they squabble about whether it was a good idea to use said rings. They land on a low spot and take off to find Charmy, climbing in one of the Pumpkin Hills (except for Espio who just walks up it) and having doubts about their mission as Knuckles insists he's seen ghosts around before. They find Charmy in a pumpkin who's still scared, but Knuckles gets him to cheer up by reminding him they beat up monsters and Metal Overlord and Eggman and badniks.

Knuckles still senses the emerald, but now it's going down, into the mining network under Pumpkin Hill. As they ponder why that'd be happening, the pumpkins explode, revealing the Hooligans- Bark, Bean, and Nack, now sporting four fingers and a thumb instead of the three he's supposed to have. Issue end.

18. Tylinos

Tylinos

Speaking of what happens in Universe 63, solicits for Sonic 263 and Universe 66 are out. Spoilering something in the 263 solicit in case people want the opening of 63 to be a surprise. (EDIT: Spoiler's on the freaking cover. Spoilering the main cover too, then.)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

EDIT: Digest #8's up now too:
    [​IMG]

EDIT 2: Covers are up.

19. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    Hey, so, little opportunity for you all. Want to write about the comics on the front page ad post up the solicits and what not? PM me if you're interested. We may have a position opening up soon. :eng101:

20. Lobotomy

Lobotomy

35% Cognac Banned
    Traverse City
    Project: Matter/Energy
    As much of a clusterfuckey trainwreck that transpired thanks to that autist Ken Penders, I'd like to think that Ian is doing a fine job picking up the pieces.