don't click here

Sonic Boom (Games) Megathread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, Oct 2, 2013.

1. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Jesus Christ. Baron Eggman much?

2. bombatheechidna

bombatheechidna

Eggman actually looks somewhat threatening

3. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    Or butler Eggman...

4. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

A butler? Really? He looks like a military man to me. Especially with the buttons going up either side of his jacket and the part that's folded over at the top.

5. I do find Eggman's new design really interesting. I agree with what Blue Blood said. It appears that they went for a more "militaristic" design for his appearance. I guess it's an attempt to make him seem more "threatening" (I mean, come on, it's Eggman), but I feel that it works well. The high collar slightly bothers me, but of course, this isn't the final Eggman design. Just concept. So far so good in my eyes.

6. FlackoWeasel

FlackoWeasel

Blue cheese lover! Member
    Prob posted somewhere but man, I love this Tails design a lot! It looks a bit of a mixture of classic and modern Tails. Would love to see more of these.

[​IMG]

7. Felik

Felik

I't be cool if Tails' ears really did reflect his mood. Like real animals do.
    Also I'd like to look at him if his eyes were cat-like (like real foxes' eyes) but ear thing is enough I guess.

8. Pyrosaur

Pyrosaur

Lolzerz.
    You know what I find weird?

Amy with Boom design and personality but still talks like Minnie Mouse. :/

9. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    We've heard her speak in Boom?

10. TheInvisibleSun

TheInvisibleSun

OVER THE TOP TECHNO-BLAST Member
    Buffalo, NY, USA
    The Water
    We saw it in the Behind-The-Scenes video.

11. Nova

Nova

Actually kind of love that Eggman design. I can imagine him being the head of a sky fleet of some description now - this is how I'd imagine him at the head of Egg Fleet, for instance.

12. Puma

Puma

So Egg Man is no longer Egg Man..?

I'm fond of those designs, just hoping they don't refer to him as "Egg-Anything" in the series. He's shaped more like a prompt squash anyhow.

13. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    He looks like an egg flipped upside-down.

14. Puma

Puma

[​IMG]

Looking at it that way... You're right. Just flip an egg, give a pair of arms and legs, add a little dome shaped head, and boom, you've got a little Egg Man ready for easter.

15. So, would NOW be a good time to revert back to Dr. Robotnik? :v:/>

16. Willie

Willie

Each day the world turns Laugh 'til it all burns Member
    So the latest DLC for Sonic Lost World is Zelda themed and has Sonic wearing clothes.

[​IMG]

Takashi Iizuka was against having Sonic wear clothes but was okay with Knuckles looking ultra buffer. After watching the new trailer, I have no idea why he was so against Sonic wearing clothes, especially since female Sonic characters have always been wearing clothes. I think clothes could've been a cool addition to Sonic's appearance, certainly much better than fucking sports tape. Plus with former Naughty dog employees involved, they probably would've come up with cool outfits.

[​IMG]

Do you guys think clothes would've been a cool addition?

17. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Not really. The only reason Sonic's even in that getup is because it's such a part of Zelda. Going into Boom there's no ties to anything.

18. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    Jak 2 is far from the best game to pick examples from, seeing how a lot of people here probably don't want to see the return of dark and edgy Sonic. :v:

Also, Big Red Button weren't the only ones with input on the character designs in Sonic Boom. OuiDo! Entertainment and SEGA of America also had input on it. And like OL said, Sonic wearing clothes in the Lost World Zelda DLC is just done as a neat nod to the Legend of Zelda, as is pretty much everything else in that DLC.

19. Willie

Willie

Each day the world turns Laugh 'til it all burns Member
    I picked that example because that game has some really cool outfits and character designs. Though I wouldn't mind a darker Sonic game. :v:

True. Though when it comes to Sonic's outfit in the DLC, it shows Sonic wearing clothes can work well.

20. Pyrosaur

Pyrosaur

Lolzerz.
    New Stephen Frost interview: [media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bD-IAdznEvs[/media]

This answered a few of the questions I had and addressed several things I hadn't thought of.