don't click here

General Project Screenshot/Video Thread

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Tweaker, Jun 26, 2008.

1. MarkeyJester

MarkeyJester

Original, No substitute Resident Jester
    Japan
    [​IMG]

A new idle animation, to replace the old one.

2. Retroman

Retroman

What's your character called?

3. Shockwave

Shockwave

LA, CA
    Sonic: South Island Warped
    More stuff I've been neglecting to post here:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmzChjwdTkI
    Mighty here is only capable of wall jumping at the moment, don't know what else I want to give him to make him as versatile as Sonic with his shield abilities. Different time zones now have their own layouts, and I also changed the way time travel works. Now you start up in the location of the signpost you touched before warping. It's just a bit easier to work with, but I'll probably try working on the original method again later.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ap63HUhX1vc
    Changed up the boss fight a bit. Added a vertical section at the end, just to make it a bit more interesting (and to give Mighty a slight edge over Sonic since he doesn't have a Peel-out to abuse for speed). Also put an emerald at the end. If Metal reaches it before Sonic (as shown in the video), his attacks and movement speed are much faster (though I may tone it down a bit, just to make it slightly easier).

4. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    Her boobs are just...shifting position. It looks really odd.

Besides that, it looks good!

5. SpaceyBat

SpaceyBat

United States
    Freedom Planet 2
    Cool stuff! I can't wait to see how this feels with music and tileset adjustments as well.

6. MarkeyJester

MarkeyJester

Japan
    Taya

Hah, fantastic!!

That is extremely impressive so far! I would however like to hear different music for the different acts. But the layouts are fantastic, clean and look enjoyable, the vertical race up to the boss area with metal Sonic was unexpected and works great!! Well done!

7. FireRat

FireRat

Nah. Fuck it. Banned
    Chile
    Mobius Evolution 2
    Alright, so, ultimately I have been really busy and stressed... but approaching some free time I had around this week, I have been practicing some pixel art... and for now, I done this:

[​IMG]
    It's not even half to be done, and it's not that good as I'd want it to be, but considering it's one of the first I made... I think it's ok.

8. RetroKoH

RetroKoH

Project Sonic 8x16
    A small update of a couple things I was working on... All pertaining to REV C. Pardon my using links... internet is not cooperating with me today.

FIRST, here is a take on Amy's Sonic 1 sprites. As you can see, we have E-122 Psi's original sprite based on the CD sprite... next to Cinossu's attempt to make her match the Sonic 1 palette better.
    I went ahead in a little bit of a different route, as you can see on the left, and have Amy down to three pinks and the darkest red. The greens replace the yellow and the darker pink slots, as you can see in the image.
    Amy comparison sprite.

SECOND, I took the Sonic 2 beta signpost and made it a Mighty signpost. Credit to Caverns 4 for helping with this one, with the eyes and shading. It's still a WIP, as I want to have Mighty raising his fist in there as well.
    Mighty Signpost in REV C

THIRD... a screenshot from me using SonLVL... something special I'm putting into Sonic 1... not much to it right now, but I've just started... and haven't had a great deal of time to work on it.
    SonLVL screenshot (Excuse the garbled Sonic sprite)

9. Cinossu

Cinossu

Administrator
    London, UK
    Sonic the Hedgehog Extended Edition
    I haven't shown anything in forever, so why not..

[​IMG]
    The side blocks work just like the Sonic 3K Slots too; they turn from blue, to yellow, to red, to goal. Makes for a much harder Special Stage. :U The background deformation was a bitch, but it's in too.

10. E-122-Psi

E-122-Psi

Concerning the extra colors for Amy, you could be a little sneaky like I was for S3+K and make the greys a slight greenish shade, then you can use the darkest shade as shadow without too much difference. Planning on something with Amy then?

That last screenie looks somewhat familiar... :D

11. RetroKoH

RetroKoH

Project Sonic 8x16
    Yea... I want to avoid messing with the greyscale colors at all... so I'll stick to tweaking the sprites. Other than that... the only other difference between my Amy and yours is tweaking the abilities ever so slightly.
    As for what I'm planning, she will be one of a few characters in my hack... Along with Mighty and the Carry ability I mentioned a while back.

12. Now that looks so sweet! Giving S1 special stages the S3K makeover is something totally new, but you're right about the increased difficulty curve of the special stages. I would've easily failed, trying to go after every last ring, which is what I usually do. I wonder what S3K would've looked like vice versa. Of course, the walls wouldn't transform into Goal blocks and we'd take forever in that stage getting 999 rings.

13. Tribeam

Tribeam

I code Lua and Lua accessories Member
    Random out of the blue show off time.
    Old palette editor had tools that wern't exactly "realtime", I fixed that.
    [​IMG]

14. RetroKoH

RetroKoH

Project Sonic 8x16
    That is EXTREMELY LOVELY. Now if only you added some stuff like instant greyscaling and such... PERFECTION. I've had fun with the previous iteration of your Palette Editor... and am looking forward to this one.

15. Tribeam

Tribeam

I code Lua and Lua accessories Member
    Actually that's already planned, it'll be call the effects tool, and you will be able to add color effects over whatever selection of colors you want. color effects are sorta like those from photoshop or gimp layers, you select a color, and you apply a color effect, additive, subtractive, grayscale, tint, multiply, divide, burn, (probably not that whole list, but some of them) depending on if I can figure out how to code a lua version, but I do plan to have a lot, hopefully.

16. Orengefox

Orengefox

Snooping as usual... Researcher
    Right in front of my computer.
    Some artwork, a ZZT game, and a hack.
    Ha! I see you followed through on this little idea. That's some fucking brilliant stuff you've done there :v:

17. MarkeyJester

MarkeyJester

Japan
    I haven't had a serious hack project for a while, not since April 2012 with Dr Robotnik's Creature Capture.

So, let's get hardcore now and catch up with the times a little:

[​IMG]

18. Cinossu

Cinossu

Administrator
    London, UK
    Sonic the Hedgehog Extended Edition
    Oooooooooh, very yes please.

19. LordOfSquad

LordOfSquad

bobs over baghdad Member
    Winnipeg, MB