don't click here

Sonic Lost World (Wii U, 3DS, PC) Megathread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, May 17, 2013.

1. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Hey more sales specifics:

http://nintendoeverything.com/february-2014-npd-lifetime-sales-for-4-wii-u-titles/

Game sold like ass on the Wii U in NA

2. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    So did Rayman Legends, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate and The Wonderful 101. Probably not a problem with Sonic not selling well anymore, more the Wii U being a failure.

3. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    The Wii U's faceplant makes me so hopeful for the future. I'm not being sarcastic either.

4. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    I'm just upset that it's tanking because there are games on it that I do want to play, it's just that fucking controller. Ugh. Hate it.

Like I want the tablet to fail but not the system itself. Does that make sense?

5. Hodgy

Hodgy

UK
    Games programming :)
    Don't most the games support the pro controlelr anyway?

6. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    Nintendo are well aware the tablet controller is the console's biggest foible. From the sound of it, their supposed next console will unite their handheld and console into one.

Ambitious if true, but expected what with how "Second screen" experiences and on-the-go play have been increasing in popularity. People also don't spend as much time at home anymore, so a console experience that can be played on the go is an interesting idea, one we've seen half-assed implemented in the PS3, and somewhat oddly implemented with the Vita and PS4 (and PS3 if you call getting two versions of the same game and porting save files between the two a start.)

7. Willie

Willie

Each day the world turns Laugh 'til it all burns Member
    There are quite a few Wii U games I'd like to own such as Pikmin 3, Super Mario 3D World, Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze, New Super Mario Bros. U, Sonic: Lost World, and a few games not yet released. While I don't like the Wii U GamePad either, at least the only game I listed that doesn't support the Pro Controller is Sonic Lost World for some dumb reason. But I don't even like the Pro Controller. :/ On the plus side, if the system fails, hopefully Nintendo will learn from their mistakes. While they had some good support from a few third parties with the Wii U's early lifespan, they're going to have to try damn hard to convince developers into supporting whatever system they make next if sales figures are this bad for the companies that were loyal. With all of this in mind, I am in no rush to get a next gen system. I'd much rather upgrade my computer or increase my 3DS library which is severely lacking right now thanks to finances.

Edit-

Here's hoping Nintendo eventually releases a version of the Wii U without the GamePad. If a budget version of the system released without backwards compatibility and without the GamePad, I wonder how much it would cost.

8. Candescence

Candescence

Sydney, Australia
    3D Indie Stuff
    Well, I think Nintendo have dismissed the idea of a handheld/console hybrid, but they have said that the next set of handeld and console systems will have a unified architecture, ala iOS, with the implication being that both systems would be able to play the same games. I'm not sure how feasible that would be, since the AAA industry are hell-bent on trying to get the best graphics at the expense of their own budgets, though if Unlimited Detail actually came out and proved to be as capable as advertised (considering Euclideon have hit radio silence shortly after both releasing Geoverse and adding a "we're still working on gaming stuff" with their Geoverse demonstration video, it's a safe bet that they've gone back to working on the gaming side of things with the tech), hardware would be entirely a non-issue when it comes to rendering, so Nintendo would be in a good position to take advantage of that.

Edit: Also, the Gamepad is awesome. It's a bit big, but extremely comfortable, and if you're complaining about battery life, more often that not you're gonna be very close to a power point, anyway, so using a charger should be a non-issue. I really don't get the hate, it's a 360 pad with a touch screen in the middle, for pete's sake.

9. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    It just seems so useless. It shoe horns in pointless motion controls and touch screen things that just seem useless. Even in Super Mario 3D world, it's used pointlessly in all of the levels that mandate it (Oooh open doors and blow to lift platforms, how ground breaking). I would be fine if that was the controller that they sold separately and they just bundled the consoles with the pro controller, then the whole "play off your TV" thing could still be a feature and the rest wouldn't be shoved down your throat (It'd also cut the system's price down), but as it is right now, I don't care for it, even if it's not that uncomfortable.

10. Captain L

Captain L

The guy who likes Shadow the Hedgehog Member
    Waiting for the coming of the Great White Hankerchief
    But on the other hand, once you see how a game like Wind Waker HD uses the Gamepad, you'll be amazed how you managed without it. I was slightly annoyed at Link Between Worlds because switching items on the fly was so hard to do, but it still had a live map. Playing Twilight Princess after that was just tedious, among other reasons that game is tedious.

11. Willie

Willie

Each day the world turns Laugh 'til it all burns Member
    I've seen and played a little of WWHD at a friend's house. Switching items could have been accomplished well with a weapon wheel and I'd rather pause the game to look at a map than to have to look away from my monitor.

12. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Am I crazy, or did I just see a burobot and an oil ocean seahorse badnik in Frozen Factory Act 1.

I think the seahorse sucked the rings out of me...

13. Jen

Jen

#lapidot Moderator
    England
    Various drawings
    Nope, you're not crazy, they're both there. It took me a few playthroughs before I first saw the seahorse, though - if I remember correctly, there's only a small number of them and they only appear in that one stage (I could be wrong about that though, as it's been a few months since I last played this game).

14. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

The Burrowbots are on the final cylindrical planet of FF1, near the waterfalls of oil. But I've never come across Aquis.

15. Vinchenz

Vinchenz

Yo! Hustle! Hustle! Member
  16. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    SUDDENLY, ZELDA DLC.
    [​IMG]
    Gameplay here: http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/03/26/sonic-lost-worldas-zelda-crossover

Is a new sort of level that's more open with lots of Zelda elements. Will be released tomorrow for free.

Edit: MY POST IS BETTER.

17. NoNameAtAll

NoNameAtAll

MY HAT'S ON FIRE. HALP! Moderator
    Yes, yes, your post is better because picture. :v:

Anyway, I'm liking what I'm seeing. A lot more open than the likes of the Yoshi DLC and the whole atmosphere is just awesome really.

Eager to download tomorrow.

18. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    That open world is delicious and works really well with the engine. This is what I expect at least going forward if they're not going to re-implement the boost gameplay, though I do worry the levels may lose focus?

Point is, this looks cool. Time to dust off my copy while I'm still home for spring break.

19. Pyrosaur

Pyrosaur

Lolzerz.
    I know I'm just repeating what everyone else says, but man, this looks fun! Even Sonic wearing clothes... stylish. 8)

20. Conzuh

Conzuh

yeah yeah big nice Member
    Millennium Dreams
    I never really enjoyed Lost World but this has inspired me to pick it up again. It's good they're still supporting the game despite its low sales.

Before this whole Sega / Nintendo partnership deal, I would never imagined Sonic would crossover with Zelda of all things. If this turns out well, I have high hopes for a Mario DLC; If done right, it'll be spectacular.